2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

I would love to see the South American fans crying after seeing their dream matchup denied.

So would I; besides the fact that they are both so inflatedly overrated, I dislike the fact that they dragged politics into the game (Argentina with their "give us back the Malvinas" banner and Brazil's relentless playing of the poverty card).

Deutschland über alles! :yay: Hup Holland Hup! :cheer:

Yep...that's the WC final I want to see: Germany vs. Netherlands.

I'll be watching Germany vs. Brazil eating bratwurst and drinking German bier at a German tavern in L.A. Not sure yet where I'll watch Holland vs. Argentina Wednesday. Trying to find out where the Orange fans in LA go to watch the games.

I would love to see the South American fans crying after seeing their dream matchup denied.

Well, whaddya know! Strider, you have just described my dream world cup final!!! :gimmefive: I have been envisioning a Dutch-German final for weeks now!! :D Hope and pray our wish comes true! :smiley_pray: I really want the Germans to kick some Brazilian ass! I am just super eager to witness a beautiful after-match crying ceremony, courtesy of the Brazilian Wimps Association! :shifty:

This guy that comes on the radio here locally, calls himself the Dean of Soccer, his voice would put you to sleep, feels that the home factor will be too much for Germany and of course history says Brazil will win. But many believe this game could go to PK's? I stand by my Netherlands pick. And believe they will knock Argentina out. This is by far the biggest test for Argentina. So the radio guy says as predicted long ago, 3 of the final 4 were projected to be here. The Netherlands are the exception. They were seeded 9th. The other three were 123 , Brazil, Germany and Argentina. No surprise there. The French easily could have been here. If the ball had bounced in their favor. As Colombia, the team that really impressed me the most in this tourny. It is not impossible for a European final to occur. Germany vs the Netherlands. It would be a very bad taste for South America to deal with. You know they are wanting a Brazil vs Argentina showdown. But they would settle for Brazil and the Dutch. They will be mighty disappointed if Germany wins. So here is to the Orange. Go Dutch. Though I do like the German team also and would rather see them win than Brazil

FIFA will not allow the Germans to spoil the party. Like the first match, Brazil who are basically crap, will have the ref in their back pocket. It takes a lot for me to say this but oh how I would love the Germans to turn Brazil over. Then the Dutch do the same to The Argies and we have a Euro final. I just wish I could like that cheating, diving wanker Robben. But hey I will be supporting the Dutch - bet Reswati has a dilemma?

FIFA will not allow the Germans to spoil the party. Like the first match, Brazil who are basically crap, will have the ref in their back pocket. It takes a lot for me to say this but oh how I would love the Germans to turn Brazil over. Then the Dutch do the same to The Argies and we have a Euro final. I just wish I could like that cheating, diving wanker Robben. But hey I will be supporting the Dutch - bet Reswati has a dilemma?

No dilemma here, even though I was born in Germany.....

may the best team win.

Four years ago, in Cape Town, remember when Germany beat Argentina 4-0? Then they lost to Spain? Today was more of a meltdown by Brazil than greatness by Germany. Did you see any tackles or defensive attacks in the box during the onslaught of goals? And I do believe the Netherlands will be the team to face Germany The USA cannot be used as a barometer as to how good Germany is. They are good. But not 7-1 good. I like the Dutch tomorrow. Go you flying Dutchman!!!! Fly!!!!!!

Was THAT really a world cup semi-final?! Oh the massacre of it all! Seriously, 'Big Phil' ate dust!!

I'm still in shock! I really wanted Germany to win, BUT I expected it to be a pretty tight contest! I mean come on!! This is Brazil, we are talking about! And I thought the French-German encounter was one sided! LOL! The Brazilians played like a bunch of kids! Their defense was virtually non-existent!! It's so strange considering the fact that they looked so deadly and attacking during the 1st 10 minutes or so! This was their worst defeat since what, 1956??! Damn!! Hooray for the Germans!! Woooohoooo!!! They made history with such a thumping victory! :yay:

I really want to see the Dutch kick some Argentina ass! That would be lovely! :shifty:

If the Brazilians needed Psychologists prior to the German flogging, what will they need now?

I doubt even Prozac would help them!?

So far I have tipped the last five winners with only two games remaining, go The Netherlands!

Thankfully this long suffering sham of a "sporting" contest will be over in a matter of days.

The Beautiful Game? I think not.

Unglaublich! That is what was running thru my mind during Germany's destruction of Brazil today. 7-1!?!

Needless to say, it was quite the euphoric experience. Sure, it was going to be tough for Brazil missing Neymar and Silva, but I don't think anyone expected the annihilation that Germany delivered. I found myself thinking Germany should save some of these goals for Sunday's Final. Müller was unmarked for Germany's first goal and the second was the result of Klose's brilliant individual effort. But after that, Brazil seemed to be shell-shocked and the German Blitzkrieg was on.

Of course, I had plenty of good German hefeweizen bier and schweinebraten with mashed potatoes and red cabbage to accompany the match. One of the fräuleins even insisted on buying me a bier!

Now, it's up to Holland to beat Argentina tomorrow! Hup Holland Hup!

Some photos from today:

post-1470-0-96922500-1404895013_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-54026700-1404895050_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-46586300-1404895097_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-52153200-1404895143_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-77811900-1404895193_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-80659800-1404895229_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-13824600-1404895266_thumb.jp

Unglaublich! That is what was running thru my mind during Germany's destruction of Brazil today. 7-1!?!

Needless to say, it was quite the euphoric experience. Sure, it was going to be tough for Brazil missing Neymar and Silva, but I don't think anyone expected the annihilation that Germany delivered. I found myself thinking Germany should save some of these goals for Sunday's Final. Müller was unmarked for Germany's first goal and the second was the result of Klose's brilliant individual effort. But after that, Brazil seemed to be shell-shocked and the German Blitzkrieg was on.

Of course, I had plenty of good German hefeweizen bier and schweinebraten with mashed potatoes and red cabbage to accompany the match. One of the fräuleins even insisted on buying me a bier!

Now, it's up to Holland to beat Argentina tomorrow! Hup Holland Hup!

Some photos from today:

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_154928.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_155025.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_120703.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_125349.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_131141.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_132604.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140708_132611.jpg

I think you will get our wish. A Holland victory. But why would you want the Dutch if you are cheering for Germany. Though I am half German, and no Dutch blood, matters none to me, I am cheering for Holland. I am more English and they are gone. I do like the Netherlands since day one,. And do not forget they had their own blowout over defending champ Spain 5-1. And 4 years ago Germany beat Argentina 4-0 so if that match were to happen, Argentina would certainly have alot of motivation. But I feel the Dutch are better. And I believe yesterday's score was a fluke rather than a true indication of talent. They beat the US 1-0 and had trouble doing it. That says it all. So Germany are certainly beatable. I like the Netherlands all the way but must admit after yesterday I do not count Germany out. I wondered how they left Klose out before. And the bastards screwed me in that 2-1 game when they allowed that goal with `1 second left on the extra time clock!!!! Yes, one second and they allowed, I think Ghana, could be wrong, to score with a second left to fuck me on my bet. I had Germany minus a goal and a half. Ouch. I bet the Dutch today but I am not worried with all the money I am making on the Orioles

Archived