2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

I think you will get our wish. A Holland victory. But why would you want the Dutch if you are cheering for Germany. Though I am half German, and no Dutch blood, matters none to me, I am cheering for Holland. I am more English and they are gone. I do like the Netherlands since day one,. And do not forget they had their own blowout over defending champ Spain 5-1. And 4 years ago Germany beat Argentina 4-0 so if that match were to happen, Argentina would certainly have alot of motivation. But I feel the Dutch are better. And I believe yesterday's score was a fluke rather than a true indication of talent. They beat the US 1-0 and had trouble doing it. That says it all. So Germany are certainly beatable. I like the Netherlands all the way but must admit after yesterday I do not count Germany out. I wondered how they left Klose out before. And the bastards screwed me in that 2-1 game when they allowed that goal with `1 second left on the extra time clock!!!! Yes, one second and they allowed, I think Ghana, could be wrong, to score with a second left to fuck me on my bet. I had Germany minus a goal and a half. Ouch. I bet the Dutch today but I am not worried with all the money I am making on the Orioles

You truly do not understand Group Play in the World Cup, Rick. Germany had already clinched a spot in the Knockout phase, so they had no reason to play full-throttle against the U.S. That is why I couldn't understand why you were making these bets on games where the teams had no incentive to play all-out.

As for Klose being held out against Algeria...many of the German team came down with illnesses that week, and Klose must have been one of them. Also, as Klose is older, Coach Low probably wanted to keep Klose's legs fresh, and thinking Germany could take care of Algeria without Klose's help, he saved him for France. Notice that against France and Brazil, Low STARTED Klose, whereas before he brought him on in reserve. Kind of similar to how Popovich saves Duncan and Parker for the playoffs in the NBA.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous before the match yesterday when I saw the referee for Germany vs. Brazil was Mexican. I feared chillumpuffer's predictions would come to fruition. Thankfully, my newly acquired Led Zeppelin shirt, won and delivered from zepscoda via our Stanley Cup bet, brought Team Germany good luck.

Yes, I am rooting for Deutschland. But I also want Holland because I want an all-European final...I don't want any South American team to get in. I remember how Argentina cheated in 1986 and I don't want a repeat of that this year. If it is Germany vs. Netherlands, then I will be happy no matter who wins, for I love both countries very much...and their women and bier,

Hup Holland Hup!

You truly do not understand Group Play in the World Cup, Rick. Germany had already clinched a spot in the Knockout phase, so they had no reason to play full-throttle against the U.S. That is why I couldn't understand why you were making these bets on games where the teams had no incentive to play all-out.

As for Klose being held out against Algeria...many of the German team came down with illnesses that week, and Klose must have been one of them. Also, as Klose is older, Coach Low probably wanted to keep Klose's legs fresh, and thinking Germany could take care of Algeria without Klose's help, he saved him for France. Notice that against France and Brazil, Low STARTED Klose, whereas before he brought him on in reserve. Kind of similar to how Popovich saves Duncan and Parker for the playoffs in the NBA.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous before the match yesterday when I saw the referee for Germany vs. Brazil was Mexican. I feared chillumpuffer's predictions would come to fruition. Thankfully, my newly acquired Led Zeppelin shirt, won and delivered from zepscoda via our Stanley Cup bet, brought Team Germany good luck.

Yes, I am rooting for Deutschland. But I also want Holland because I want an all-European final...I don't want any South American team to get in. I remember how Argentina cheated in 1986 and I don't want a repeat of that this year. If it is Germany vs. Netherlands, then I will be happy no matter who wins, for I love both countries very much...and their women and bier,

Hup Holland Hup!

I did not realize how old Klose was. Yes I understand the knockout. But why would you wait 4 years to play 3 games and not play your best in all of them? It makes no sense to me. Just now, a fucking dive by Argentina gets them a free kick. That guy went down way too easy. They need to call dives

These teams may be tentative after yesterdays fiasco

You know Strider I doubt there has ever been an all Euro final in South America? At least judging by them saying a Euro team had never won it on their turf? But not sure. On the grand scale of things I would rate this 5th among the major sports. Its not in the US what it is there.

Look at this mickey mouse shit by Argentina

That's a heavy duty bet there Rick! ;):lol:

Actually I just learned all my wagers are settled already. .Soccer is different. I parlayed the Netherlands with Germany. They canceled the Netherlands end of it because it was a pick and it only counted for regulation. So it basically was a push. Even though the Netherlands were small underdogs. I get paid for Germany. Had the Dutch scored of course I would have made more

If you figure out what or why they are singing let me know

Actually I just learned all my wagers are settled already. .Soccer is different. I parlayed the Netherlands with Germany. They canceled the Netherlands end of it because it was a pick and it only counted for regulation. So it basically was a push. Even though the Netherlands were small underdogs. I get paid for Germany. Had the Dutch scored of course I would have made more

:slapface:

All I heard there was :blahblah:

Another stitch up by FIFA.

Surely the Dutch didn't throw the match?

That first "attempt" by Holland was to say the least, a gift to the Argentine goalkeeper.

My daughter would've saved that one.

What price Argentina to win the Cup and Brazil to beat The Netherlands in the playoff for third place?

Unbackable.

I fear the worst for the Deutschlanders.

Well, that was such a disappointment! Robben had a few chances, but sadly, it wasn't meant to be. I believe the Netherlands lost for 2 reasons. First, they were not attacking enough. To me, on many occasions, all they were doing was passing the ball around and not shooting at the target (or at least attempting to do so!). Second, I am sorry to say this, but some of Van Gaal's strategies were totally off! I really really really want to understand, why on earth Huntelaar was brought on at the very last as a 3rd substitution, thereby sacrificing Tim Krul, in the process!! Van Gaal and practically everyone else, knew that the man could pull off a couple of crucial saves during penalty shootouts! Why the fuck didn't Van Gaal use him then??! This is all so puzzling to me!

Anyway, Argentina might be celebrating now but I bet that the Germans will prove to be tougher opponents than the Dutch!!!

Couldn't have 2 different semi finals. The Dutch were unrecognisable from the early games. In fact i turned it off with 20 mins to go as I knew the outcome already. A dull lifeless game. Makes you think that FIFA were shit scared of an all Euro final?

Well, that was such a disappointment! Robben had a few chances, but sadly, it wasn't meant to be. I believe the Netherlands lost for 2 reasons. First, they were not attacking enough. To me, on many occasions, all they were doing was passing the ball around and not shooting at the target (or at least attempting to do so!). Second, I am sorry to say this, but some of Van Gaal's strategies were totally off! I really really really want to understand, why on earth Huntelaar was brought on at the very last as a 3rd substitution, thereby sacrificing Tim Krul, in the process!! Van Gaal and practically everyone else, knew that the man could pull off a couple of crucial saves during penalty shootouts! Why the fuck didn't Van Gaal use him then??! This is all so puzzling to me!

Anyway, Argentina might be celebrating now but I bet that the Germans will prove to be tougher opponents than the Dutch!!!

To me Argentina plays just like Italy. Safe, boring style, waiting for a mistake on the counter. No game of this importance should be decided in PK's. I cannot see Germany losing

On a lighter note, I've been reading stories that some Brazil fans are actually blaming Mick Jagger for their loss, in that when he goes to the stadium to see the team he's rooting for...his presence jinxes the team. :-)

Ho hum. Holland blows it in a big match...again. They are like the Dallas Cowboys of the 60s and early-70s...branded as a team that "couldn't win the big one". Who's bogus idea was it to have Vlar kick a PK, let alone the first one? Robben had a couple interesting forays near the goal but couldn't finish the job. Persie was useless. I nearly nodded off during the extra time...I could feel it was going to penalty kicks. Both teams seemed to be playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I think it was nearly 80 or so minutes into the match and both Robben and Messi had still not attempted a shot on goal.

Germany vs. Argentina. No surprise who I am rooting for...Deutschland, natch! Obviously, Argentina's defense is stouter than Brazil's so it won't be raining goals like it was Tuesday. I wonder which country the referee will be from?

Brazil vs. Netherlands is interesting only to see which team can muster any spirit and pride after their losses in the semifinals. Is it easier to play after you've been humiliated like Brazil, or lose a heartbreaker like the Netherlands?

Archived