SBD of 2/2/1969?

Pagey_17

Browsing the web and caught this post from 2010. Dont know if its been discredited seen as i have not posted in years.

This venue holds a certain personal significance, as my father promoted and ran the soundboard for many of these famous shows. In my possession, is the soundboard recording of the February 2nd, 1969 Led Zeppelin show, never before transferred or circulated. My father ran the soundboard that night, and plugged a reel-to-reel recorder directly into the mixing board. I plan to have it “baked” and transferred at some point, and hopefully be able to share it with all of you sometime in the future. And so, to have my favorite band grace the stage of a venue that I had heard stories of throughout my childhood is, to say the least, special.

http://doggoneblog.com/2010/04/06/the-toronto-rock-pile/

It's a small place. Photos show no mics on the drums. A soundboard recording would likely be all vocals...

Care to point me in the direction of photos from the 1969.02.02 show where Bonzo is actually visible? All those available on the site are of Jimmy.

Just going by the photos of the August gigs. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely be interested in hearing a SBD tape of 2-2-69, if one actually exists, but it looks like they didn't mic everything at the Rockpile.

Or, at least, didn't mic everything in August. :P Maybe we'll hear, one day...he hasn't replied to me, and apparently hasn't replied to others who have contacted him in the past.

It's possible however, when using on-stage mics. I am not an expert in such things but did we have similar thing with on stage tape for the 1969/04/24?

Purportedly, yes. I feel like those mics would be visible in any pictures, though -- Bonzo, Jones, and Page are so in-your-face...

Archived