They won their first grammy!

Fernando Gongora

Nice work lads!

How can it be that they won Best Album yet, the best performance on the album failed to win?

I suppose that's The Grammys......

That's the one I'd thought they'd win! You definitely have a point with this.

Logged on just to say congrats to the boys! (Including you, Jason!)

I know the Grammy's are a lot of bullshit now, but this still feels good. Its just so cool that they can win all these years later. Absolutely, positively, 100% deserved!

Is it long overdue, yes. Should there be so many more, yes. But tonight it happened, and I am super excited!! Congratulations on a very well deserved, long overdue honor! Every LZ fan knows that Led Zeppelin's success is not defined by a Grammy, but it's nice to see LZ recognized every chance they can. ❤❤❤

So there's some justice in the world...unfortunately I missed it...I don't suppose any of them appeared? Who accepted it?

I just tuned in to the Grammys now...heard a right-wing, bizarrely anachronistic song sung by Merle Haggard who I thought was dead; now there's some pseudo-disco on and I'm about to turn it off....

I heard it was Cyndi Lauper. Its still going on but was shown on the internet earlier so it was spoiled. They still have not gotten to it and its 10:40 est.

They so desrvered it. Just wish they were there to see it.Now to hear what they say.

ah? i believe LED ZEPPELIN won a few grammys ,

once in 1969 for zep IV & a few more years later ! im pretty sure guys !

(someone confirm please!)

BUT IF THEY DIDNT WIN FOR BEST LIVE SONG EVER FOR "KASHMIR" !!

THEN the grammys dont even matter !

WHATA JOKE !

I believe they announced this on the pre show (gotta save the timeslot for Taylor Swift droning aboutm don't ya know).

Anyway, so happy they won. Yes, we all realize that this is long overdue and in fact, Grammys are meaningless. But, you know what, fuck it. At least we can say that for 46 years, their music (and their performances) kept it relevant enough to be recognized at all among the shitshow of artists that corporate America is pushing. I highly doubt the same will be said of 95% of these other acts.

Good on Sabbath and Paul McCartney with Grohl and family as well.

So there's some justice in the world...unfortunately I missed it...I don't suppose any of them appeared? Who accepted it?

I just tuned in to the Grammys now...heard a right-wing, bizarrely anachronistic song sung by Merle Haggard who I thought was dead; now there's some pseudo-disco on and I'm about to turn it off....

Merle Haggard is a liberal .

i don't watch the grammys. but who accepted for them ? did they say anything ? did they get a good applause.

wasn't aware that the announcement was on the pre-show so i'm not sure of the audience reaction, but based off his twitter, I am assuming Jason was there to accept.

Big congrats to Led Zeppelin. I've been taking in a lot of info all day watching the grammy awards on the grammys official website. Cyndi Lauper announced the nominees and winner for best rock performance (which Zeppelin did not win), but it was the person who did the announcing after her who announced the winner for best rock album. I don't know who he was, but I can tell you he was not associated with Led Zeppelin in any way, he was just an announcer, a black man. (sorry I don't remember his name). Again I watched this earlier in the day on the grammys official website. My memory got foggy after someone here on the board asked who accepted the award for Led Zeppelin just because I have been taking in a lot watching the awards all day, I forgot if it was Cyndi Lauper or the guy after her, but rest assured they were not associated with the band in any way. Then again while I was watching on the internet and Black Sabbath won an award they said Black Sabbath could not be there (just as they said the members of Zep could not be there for their award), but when I watched it on tv Black Sabbath was there which just confused me more. Sorry about my foggy memory.

Merle Haggard is a liberal .

He's more of a libertarian actually. Okie from Muskogee was actually and ironic song referring to his father. Merle was a big pot head during that time.

Zeppelin deserved grammys in the 70s. This one just shows how weak music is today.

Archived