2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Is it true, that due to some public outcry of their name, the Washington Redskins will soon become the D.C. Redskins? So as not to offend?

(wish I could take credit for that...)

Is it true, that due to some public outcry of their name, the Washington Redskins will soon become the D.C. Redskins? So as not to offend?

(wish I could take credit for that...)

I never heard anything about this? I always thought the big complaint was with the word Redskin. Because the Indians did not like it? What does it matter about the location? Or is it because of the state of Washington?

LZ '77, he is joking....it's a play on it being embarrassing to be playing for the city of Washington and they should just go with D.C. instead. jabe always has something interesting to say around 9:00 eastern! ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10785589/donald-trump-interested-buying-buffalo-bills

As reported by ESPN Trump is going to do what he can to buy the Buffalo Bills and keep them in Buffalo. This would be tremendous for tbe Bills and their fan base that includes me. I was all for Pegula buying them and still would be. But Trump is on record and Pegula is not. But either way this puts the Bills and Sabres in great hands and the future looks bright for us finally

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/04/14/trump-card-billionaire-declares-interest-in-buying-bills-keeping-them-in-buffalo/

The latest is Donald Trump is now interested in buying the Buffalo Bills. This would be a huge and great thing for Buffalo

Ummm..."Be careful what you wish for" is the first thought that comes to mind with this news.

Trump in the NFL, I can't say I'm against the idea. A successful business mogul, a great showman; hopefully he would be true to his word to keep the Bills in Buffalo....

Most of his supposed business success has been shown to be a fraud.

Donald Trump is a bigger ego maniac than Jerrah - I can't even imagine the side show that team would become! I could be a fun ride though! ;)

It not only puts the Bills on the map, its a monster of a move. It keeps them here, it will mean we have the money to compete with anyone. Are you guys for real? Red White and Blue Super Bowl rings with 18 K gold. just get them ready.

It not only puts the Bills on the map, its a monster of a move. It keeps them here, it will mean we have the money to compete with anyone. Are you guys for real? Red White and Blue Super Bowl rings with 18 K gold. just get them ready.

Come on, Rick, aren't you just a little concerned that Trump will be more like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder than Goerge Steinbrenner? What guarantee is there that Trump won't try to move the Bills to Brooklyn or somewhere in the Metropolitan New York area?

Come on, Rick, aren't you just a little concerned that Trump will be more like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder than Goerge Steinbrenner? What guarantee is there that Trump won't try to move the Bills to Brooklyn or somewhere in the Metropolitan New York area?

Where are they going to play? :rolleyes:

Donald Trump is a bigger ego maniac than Jerrah - I can't even imagine the side show that team would become! I could be a fun ride though! ;)

Gawd, I agree with this. Trump in the NFL...he'd be holding a press conference every hour with his horrible hair, firing the coach every other day for losing a game, and just reminding us how he is God's gift to everyone. Please, keep that buffoon away from the NFL.

It was rumored that the owner of the Boston Bruins was interested, he's a standup guy that would buy the team, and hand the reins over to the GM and coach and stay in the background, like Paul Allen in Seattle.

Rick, refresh my memory....how many titles did Trump win in the USFL with the New Jersey Generals - back when you could actually buy a great team, compared to the salary capped NFL of today? Oh yeah, now I remember - the same number as the Bills have won.....:lol:

Rick, refresh my memory....how many titles did Trump win in the USFL with the New Jersey Generals - back when you could actually buy a great team, compared to the salary capped NFL of today? Oh yeah, now I remember - the same number as the Bills have won..... :lol:

We should have on if not for that damn field goal and some stupid mistakes in those four st SB's. He is good news for a small market town like ours. The alternative is far worse. Its losing the team to LA or all together. He is not going to go down on the sidelines and pull a Jerry Jones I assure you. He can save the team from leaving Buffalo

How do you know if he will be on the sidelines like Jerrah? I totally can see that big ego doing exactly that and more....

I always love your rebuttal as to why the Bills lost those SB's - bottom line is 0-4! At least the Broncos have now lost more SB's than you guys! :lol:

How do you know if he will be on the sidelines like Jerrah? I totally can see that big ego doing exactly that and more....

I always love you rebuttal as to why the Bills lost those SB's - bottom line is 0-4! At least the Broncos have now lost more SB's than you guys now! :lol:

I said he would NOT be on sidelines like Jones. Yeah bottom line just like the Vikings who were the better team when they lost to KC. Wide fucking right. Within 3 years we will win.

That's what I was saying, how do you know whether or not he will be on the sidelines? Trumps ego - provided he actually would buy the Bills - would put him in the papers talkin' trash, walking the sidelines, and probably moving the team to NYC, just so his mug can be in front of the cameras. Same as he has done every time his t.v. show needs some attention.

Rick, Trump is a certified nut case. If you want a certified nut case to own your team, I ask you to look at the local ownership here. It never works out. Unless you're looking for your team to become a side-show...

Rick, Trump is a certified nut case. If you want a certified nut case to own your team, I ask you to look at the local ownership here. It never works out. Unless you're looking for your team to become a side-show...

As long as he is in his luxury box cheering for the team what do i care? It looks like he means business. So if he buys them, we know we will have financial support just like the Sabres do with Pegula. Yes they have chosen to rebuild and they have more draft picks than Grandma has Xmas cookies

Archived