3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

I fell asleep with  half race to go and woke to see Truex? have to find ending on youtube lol

Me too! :lol: Friday and Saturday were late nights and I had a few shots... Wreckfest, but I do like the LA Coliseum being used as a preseason race. Can't wait for the All-Star race to be at N. Wilkesboro!  

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Me too! :lol: Friday and Saturday were late nights and I had a few shots... Wreckfest, but I do like the LA Coliseum being used as a preseason race. Can't wait for the All-Star race to be at N. Wilkesboro!  

beers sitting by the wood stove got me sleepy, didn't know about wilkesboro, should give that area a nice boost, wonder if  they give them a points race too? used to be some good racing back in the day

• 2 weeks later...

Not a stock car fan at all, but I did watch approximately the last 20 laps of the race.  Just for the fun of it, I picked out Joey Lagano to root for no reason.  He immediately got squeezed out around a turn and fell to 15th place.  Then I slowly watched him move up until he was sitting in 7th place.  Things went his way, and thanks to a yellow flag he snuck up to 4th.  I actually got somewhat excited because the car I picked out to follow for no reason at all, vaulted to the front after the last restart.  He's holding on to the lead and as far as I'm concerned, got totally screwed by calling the race over and done on what seemed like a whim.  Holy crap!  Again, not a fan, and not wise to the rules, but that just didn't seem right to me. 

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Not a stock car fan at all, but I did watch approximately the last 20 laps of the race.  Just for the fun of it, I picked out Joey Lagano to root for no reason.  He immediately got squeezed out around a turn and fell to 15th place.  Then I slowly watched him move up until he was sitting in 7th place.  Things went his way, and thanks to a yellow flag he snuck up to 4th.  I actually got somewhat excited because the car I picked out to follow for no reason at all, vaulted to the front after the last restart.  He's holding on to the lead and as far as I'm concerned, got totally screwed by calling the race over and done on what seemed like a whim.  Holy crap!  Again, not a fan, and not wise to the rules, but that just didn't seem right to me. 

The current rule is once the leader takes the white flag, the next flag thrown ends the race. The yellow came out so the emergency workers could get to the drivers who wrecked asap. 
They used to race back to the start/finish line after the caution was thrown, but the safety of the driver(s) involved in the wreck became the biggest concern and they changed the rule. 
NASCAR wants the race to be decided with a green flag finish, so they allow multiple “overtimes” to happen, but once the leader takes the white flag if the caution is thrown for a wreck or whatever, they call whomever is in the lead when the caution lights come on, as the winner. Unfortunately Daytona and Talladega are restrictor plate tracks and finishes like yesterday are much more common than not. Necessary “bump drafting” being the biggest reason for cars wrecking so much at the end of the race. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

The current rule is once the leader takes the white flag, the next flag thrown ends the race. The yellow came out so the emergency workers could get to the drivers who wrecked asap. 
They used to race back to the start/finish line after the caution was thrown, but the safety of the driver(s) involved in the wreck became the biggest concern and they changed the rule. 
NASCAR wants the race to be decided with a green flag finish, so they allow multiple “overtimes” to happen, but once the leader takes the white flag if the caution is thrown for a wreck or whatever, they call whomever is in the lead when the caution lights come on, as the winner. Unfortunately Daytona and Talladega are restrictor plate tracks and finishes like yesterday are much more common than not. Necessary “bump drafting” being the biggest reason for cars wrecking so much at the end of the race. 

I appreciate your explanation.  I was unaware of the white flag rule.  It looked like Lagano was leading by a nose when the initial car started going sideways, but Stenhouse took it back by a nose when the actual yellow flag was raised.  Stenhouse did make a good move on that restart.  Not knowing the rules, I was actually getting excited for the expected duel to the finish line.  

18 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I appreciate your explanation.  I was unaware of the white flag rule.  It looked like Lagano was leading by a nose when the initial car started going sideways, but Stenhouse took it back by a nose when the actual yellow flag was raised.  Stenhouse did make a good move on that restart.  Not knowing the rules, I was actually getting excited for the expected duel to the finish line.  

Logano actually grew up about 20 minutes from me in middletown ct., cool to see him do well, Walter is correct on racing back to the line, that rule was changed on a race I attended with my family in Loudon N.H. when Dale Jarret spun at the start / finish line and basically  did some circles in middle of track and cars were flying by him and he was powerless to move, next week nascar changed the rules, anyways Bongman you did well by just watching the last 20 laps, until then a very boring race, 2 rows side by side entire race when in years past we would see 3 lanes  and lots of moves

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Here’s a finish with a caution looming. Only because they were wrecking in turn 4/front stretch did they let this play out. Even with guys on fire and flipping. They might have let Sunday’s race finish before throwing the caution, but too many cars were involved to ensure the pack wouldn’t have approached them at a high rate of speed. Endangering the drivers in the cars that weren’t moving, etc. CPM is correct, the Dale Jarrett wreck at New Hampshire changed the rule and was a scary situation that could’ve been very bad for him. 

• 4 months later...