Your Cell Phone

kingzoso

I don't know. It was the cheapest phone sitting on a shelf at target several years ago. I bought it because it was economical and it's been just that. It's been aged, dropped, smashed and spilled on but only has one minor, about quarter inch, crack on the casing and still works like new.

• 2 weeks later...

The WINDOWS PHONE Is a Great Way to Go. Provided, that you have a Service Provider that Accurately Gives the Data Usage That You Need to Use It Regularly.
I Personally Think That The Idea Is Great... I Wonder What The Cost-Of Living With It's Great User Great-and-Friendly Is After Making a Choice Like It. I Have One.

Thanks,

Freddy Fingers -The First At Your Requested Service.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active since 2/3/14.  I am due for a free upgrade on the same date, just 2 years later.  I have come to enjoy my phone and have everything that I have been used to since I first purchased it.  I plan on upgrading to the S6 Active in one month from today. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Apple I-5.  I am going to walk out of best buy tomorrow with a Mac Pro.  13 " with retina display.  Sick of HP fucking going South on me.  I am going to use this one til it dies, which wont be too long as the screen is having issues that come and go.  I still prefer the I-5 to the 6 because the 6 is too large.

• 11 months later...

I know that I can't be the only one to do this:  I seem to almost always want my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active to have a 100% full battery every time I leave the house for work or otherwise.  Even though my phones battery is fairly new and will not drain to quickly, I feel better knowing that my phone is fully charged whenever I take it out of the house. 

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I know that I can't be the only one to do this:  I seem to almost always want my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active to have a 100% full battery every time I leave the house for work or otherwise.  Even though my phones battery is fairly new and will not drain to quickly, I feel better knowing that my phone is fully charged whenever I take it out of the house. 

Ooops...wrong thread..While I'm here my Phone is  nice cheap Galaxy A3..

Edited by JTM

16 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Its good to have a charger in your vehicle like I do in my SUV.  My I Phone I am happy with . I 5 by Apple.  My wife has the Samsung Galaxy, but I prefer the I Phone.  i have been up for a "free" upgrade as well as my wife for some time.  But is it really free?  Doubt it.  I do not like the large phones.  I prefer the 5 and of course you cannot get them any more.  So if I upgrade I will have to get a 7.  Verizon will suck the life right out of you

• 2 years later...

My Samsung Galaxy S6 Active literally "died" a week ago, so I went to the AT&T store and bought a new Samsung Galaxy S10.  I paid for it outright because I did not want to pay for it in monthly installments.  The price:  $899.99.  Total,with tax, $974.46.  

Great phone, by the way.

I hate cell phones, worst invention ever. Turned 8 hour employees into 24/7 employees yet pay is still the same. People are on them while driving, shopping, eating, etc. Just crazy.

I have an iPhone X plus but it is provided by my work, I don't own a cell phone personally. When the day comes my employer no longer provides this evil device I will go out and get a goddamned Jitterbug or some similar shit. Only will need it to send and receive calls and maybe an occasional text. I use a REAL computer for everything else as I don't have ambition to go either blind or nearsighted due to browsing on such a small screen.

BTW, did I mention I hate cell phones?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

I hate cell phones, worst invention ever. Turned 8 hour employees into 24/7 employees yet pay is still the same. People are on them while driving, shopping, eating, etc. Just crazy.

I have an iPhone X plus but it is provided by my work, I don't own a cell phone personally. When the day comes my employer no longer provides this evil device I will go out and get a goddamned Jitterbug or some similar shit. Only will need it to send and receive calls and maybe an occasional text. I use a REAL computer for everything else as I don't have ambition to go either blind or nearsighted due to browsing on such a small screen.

We agree on this Peace Frog.  So called "smart phones" have only made people dumb.  So sad to see so many people, especially young people heads down in their phones all the time. Groups of young people at diners all individually wasting their lives away experiencing anything other than the life going on around them and right in front of them.

Screen+Shot+2015-10-05+at+9.20.45+AM.png

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

If I was still working any work phone would be switched off outside the eight hours especially if I was driving where using a phone is illegal anyway, also when I'm eating and defo when I'm sleeping, 24/7 gtf.

Edited by JTM

On 2/22/2014 at 10:45 PM, kingzoso said:

I just got a new cell phone on February 3, 2014. A new Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. I had my old Samsung cell phone for 3 and a half years before it died on me. My old Samsung phone was an "old" smartphone (though State-of-the-Art at the time). Of course, I had friends and co-workers with Iphones and other newer phones than mine but I was used to and content with My phone. I did not need all that new technology that the their phones were capable of. As long as I could call or text, I was content.

However, My new phone is "literally" (or should I say "practically") a computer on/in a phone. Almost 3 weeks after having it, I still do not really know all that this phone is capable of. I guess I will learn or take one full day to try and fully comprehend what My phone is capable of. One of the first things I did do was download the iHeartRadio app. With iHeartRadio, I customized my own channels. My channels in order are:

Led Zeppelin

Rush

Aerosmith

Black Sabbath

Dio

the Beatles

the Rolling Stones

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

One other great feature that My new phone provides, I am now capable of accessing this Awesome Led Zeppelin Forum with only the touch of a finger. I can now read posts and comments when I am at work or anywhere else I happen to be.

Anyway, I seemed to "Ramble On" and said/typed more then I anticipated.

The actual topic was meant to ask anyone who cares to respond: What kind of Cell Phone or "Smart" Phone do you possess?

You are missing Pink Floyd and the Who and the Eagles pal

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Very tough to argue with you.  Good in case of an emergency, as they were first intended, but since the internet is now part of them and the smart phones are in everyone's hands its a multi billion dollar industry.  Most on average are paying over a hundred bucks a month to have a smart phone.  Glued to them while shopping, eating, driving, banging, etc.  Women pushing their shopping carts while talking on the cell phone.  I have the hands free on my SUV like many do now if I have to use it. You can pretty much do anything on them now.  Watch your favorite TV program or a sports game.  Nuts

And to make matters worse, we have an asshole president who cant stay off of Twitter

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

+1 Sometimes I wish I had a little remote device that would temporarily shut down cell phones.

Edited by luvlz2

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 12:00 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Very tough to argue with you.  Good in case of an emergency, as they were first intended, but since the internet is now part of them and the smart phones are in everyone's hands its a multi billion dollar industry.  Most on average are paying over a hundred bucks a month to have a smart phone.  Glued to them while shopping, eating, driving, banging, etc.  Women pushing their shopping carts while talking on the cell phone.  I have the hands free on my SUV like many do now if I have to use it. You can pretty much do anything on them now.  Watch your favorite TV program or a sports game.  Nuts

Yeah and now 5G is here to make it worse, people will have their faces glued to those tiny screens even worse. Such rude devices. Nowadays when I go to a grocery store or anywhere else and someone is on their cellphone they actually take up TWICE as much space, so if I have to walk around someone I don't just have to walk around them, I have to walk around them AND their cellphone. It pisses me off every time. End of rant.

Edited by luvlz2

33 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Yeah and now 5G is here to make it worse, people will have their faces glued to those tiny screens even worse. Such rude devices. Nowadays when I go to a grocery store or anywhere else and someone is on their cellphone they actually take up TWICE as much space, so if I have to walk around someone I don't just have to walk around them, I have to walk around them AND their cellphone. It pisses me off every time. End of rant.

It is rude to say the least.  But I think it’s here to stay