The Yes Thread

Cletus

Great point Jahfin!^^

leddy, by no means is this meant with one once of disrespect, but I do see a lot of topics here that could be kept under a previously started topic. It does make it difficult sometimes when you are doing a search and 50 topics come up! I think sometimes there a few that start a topic for the sake of starting a topic (not saying that in this case).

I rarely start a topic as most of the time I can find what I am looking for by using the search function :peace:

Hey no worries I really do not care people pointing things out, I did search couldn't find and started mine explaining, its just the guy has a problem with me and I guess I do like to put my fishing rod out and wait for a bite !! I do search, just because I couldn't find it. I am one who does search and bring old topics back up the list, I would say more so than others. I confess I haven't all the time in the world to be scrolling pages ( eh Jimmy).

Its just the attitude after I had explained why I reposted that made me laugh, he should of just taken it as right ok I get what he says,move on and lets get on with YES debte instead of getting all arsy. I do not just start topics off for the sake of them. Anyway this is the last about it as its so futile and no probs you saying.

I will reel the fishing line in............for now anyway.

PS Roundabout is a classic song.....eh back on topic.

Edited by leddy

Hey no worries I really do not care people pointing things out, I did search couldn't find and started mine explaining, its just the guy has a problem with me and I guess I do like to put my fishing rod out and wait for a bite !! I do search, just because I couldn't find it. I am one who does search and bring old topics back up the list, I would say more so than others. I confess I haven't all the time in the world to be scrolling pages ( eh Jimmy).

Its just the attitude after I had explained why I reposted that made me laugh, he should of just taken it as right ok I get what he says,move on and lets get on with YES debte instead of getting all arsy. I do not just start topics off for the sake of them. Anyway this is the last about it as its so futile and no probs you saying.

I will reel the fishing line in............for now anyway.

PS Roundabout is a classic song.....eh back on topic.

Yes Yes Yes, now come to order please, its not like Jahfin thinks you deserve to be Banned for some minor indiscretion like he did with me is it now Leddy. :o;):lol:

My younger brother was a keen Yes fan, as for Me? well I can take em or mostly leave em, not enough Emotion in their Music for Me, Prog Rock was always for the Upper Class Toffee Nosed Gits like my Brother round my way, Led Zeppelin were classed as being to much like Stolen Blues for them to be much interested, much like Sabbath and Purple, be I've always liked to buck the system and go for what I like over what is Fashionable or to be IN with a crowd for the sake of Friends. And my friends have to be in to Led Zeppelin or they can "ferkofski" or "Vamaroose" as they say. ;)

But I do like Yes and Prog Rock more now than I did Zen, if you get my drift?

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Leddy? you PM box is full mate, or you have banned me from PMing you. :o:lol:

Yes Yes Yes, now come to order please, its not like Jahfin thinks you deserve to be Banned for some minor indiscretion like he did with me is it now Leddy. :o;):lol:

My younger brother was a keen Yes fan, as for Me? well I can take em or mostly leave em, not enough Emotion in their Music for Me, Prog Rock was always for the Upper Class Toffee Nosed Gits like my Brother round my way, Led Zeppelin were classed as being to much like Stolen Blues for them to be much interested, much like Sabbath and Purple, be I've always liked to buck the system and go for what I like over what is Fashionable or to be IN with a crowd for the sake of Friends. And my friends have to be in to Led Zeppelin or they can "ferkofski" or "Vamaroose" as they say. ;)

But I do like Yes and Prog Rock more now than I did Zen, if you get my drift?

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Leddy? you PM box is full mate, or you have banned me from PMing you. :o:lol:

Dear BIGDAN

As a upper class toffee nose git as a fan of YES, I regret to inform you that my post box is full due to me being very popular on here, Yes music is for the cultured, you could say the classical music of rock, not somelow life commonal garden rock or Jazz (devils music).

If you would like to PM me please contact my P.A to see of my availabilty.....now repeat after me...AIR......HAIR.........LAIR......

PS will clear abit of the meesages out for ya (count up by one more............result :D )

I'm a new member and wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot violating a rule inadvertantly. But are there some gray areas? For example, what about really old threads? Should those get bumped if you plan to add a relevant comment to the initial topic but it's 3 years later? This is not ebay (I know!) but there we used to call that dragging up a graveyard thread. Another example, I got 69 hits on Joni Mitchell (love her). My question was very specific but it would have taken me hours to search through all the posts with her name. I just gave up and let it go.

It does make it difficult sometimes when you are doing a search and 50 topics come up! I think sometimes there a few that start a topic for the sake of starting a topic (not saying that in this case).

I rarely start a topic as most of the time I can find what I am looking for by using the search function

Deborah, what do you mean? Do people earn more points or something if they create a topic instead of replying to exisitng topics? I understand about people who look to just pad their post count. That's really low in my book. However, I thought contributing new topics (if they are new) and are relevant /interesting about the band would be exactly what you would hope for from members. Even the new ones who are sometimes already nervous they won't be accepted by the old timers.

On Topic: Since I missed the period between Close to the Edge and Going for the One, do you guys think I should order Tales or Relayer first?.........thanks! :) missy

Edited by missytootsweet

I'm a new member and wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot violating a rule inadvertantly. But are there some gray areas? For example, what about really old threads? Should those get bumped if you plan to add a relevant comment to the initial topic but it's 3 years later? This is not ebay (I know!) but there we used to call that dragging up a graveyard thread. Another example, I got 69 hits on Joni Mitchell (love her). My question was very specific but it would have taken me hours to search through all the posts with her name. I just gave up and let it go.

Deborah, what do you mean? Do people earn more points or something if they create a topic instead of replying to exisitng topics? I understand about people who look to just pad their post count. That's really low in my book. However, I thought contributing new topics (if they are new) and are relevant /interesting about the band would be exactly what you would hope for from members. Even the new ones who are sometimes already nervous they won't be accepted by the old timers.

On Topic: Since I missed the period between Close to the Edge and Going for the One, do you guys think I should order Tales or Relayer first?.........thanks! :) missy

For me it has to be "Relayer" as "Tales" is the only one I cannot handle. Relayer for me but kind of think you might like Tales though (just a hunch).

As to people getting their post count up...thats a disgrace ,you wouldn't catch me doing such a thing :whistling:

Thing is with this forum is although its a great debating chamber, some like to have hierarchy, whether having the most posts, to giving relevent information on the band the quickest. Some who like to adhere to the rules but then again have profile pics that could be seen to be offensive (think thats one of the rules on here not to be offensive) , People like to complain about this and that, then break the rules themselves. Some like me contradict themselves all the time like me as I couldn't remember what happened an hour ago me. :wacko:

As to the duplicate threadgate saga, well this forum mirrors life and some get a little agitated, i use to stick up for the newbies who did this as hey they don't know, but I should of known, well I did know there was one but have explained.

I like the new YES thread and its going to be there to talk about anything YES, so if you said yes to a new job tell us :whistling:

As for people getting all snotty about it, thats cool as its a lot of fun watching this happen. :nuke:

PS I like "Relayer" (on topic)

Edited by leddy

kiwi,

A lot of people pick that as their fave Yes song/album. I think their Fragile album was the equivilant to Led Zeppelin IV as far as breaking them wide open,-- across America anyway. "Roundabout" was their most commercial record in the 1970's. I do love it myself, but my own favorite is "Your's is No Disgrace".

Here let me give you a sample. This is not a common version. Taken from some BBC show called "Sounding Out", maybe that's like our "Midnight Special" over here.

Anyhow, the song is clipped off a bit in the beginning but most of it's there and the band is so young and FRESH.

Check out Rick Wakeman dancing at the keyboards, or Chris Squire jamming that bass, or Steve Howe who is on FIRE in this.....also Bill Bruford's drumming can be seen and it's looks pretty darn impressive. Obviously, Jon Anderson sings like a slice of heaven. Yes, I'm a fan of the Band!

So what do you guys think of this clip? I can't wait to hear. :).......missy

Hey no worries I really do not care people pointing things out, I did search couldn't find and started mine explaining, its just the guy has a problem with me and I guess I do like to put my fishing rod out and wait for a bite !!

One thing I really despise is when people put words in my mouth and this is exactly what you're doing here. I have nothing against you, that's all in your head. When we all first signed up here we agreed to the abide by the forum guidelines and first on that list is searching for topics that have been discussed previously before starting a new thread so I would think it's a very important one or Sam wouldn't have put it there. You admit yourself to trolling which is another rule here and a very important one at that. So, basically it was a waste of my time to even search for a duplicate thread.

Thing is with this forum is although its a great debating chamber, some like to have hierarchy, whether having the most posts, to giving relevent information on the band the quickest. Some who like to adhere to the rules but then again have profile pics that could be seen to be offensive (think thats one of the rules on here not to be offensive) , People like to complain about this and that, then break the rules themselves. Some like me contradict themselves all the time like me as I couldn't remember what happened an hour ago me. :wacko:

More talking out of your ass here. I could care less about hierarchy, post counts, quickest to respond, etc. I never even pay attention to my post count and it could stay at zero as far as I'm concerned. Nor do I think I have any sort of hierarchy over anyone else. I've learned more about Zeppelin here than I ever have from reading books and magazines over the years. All I did was try to help you out only to get slapped in the face for my efforts. How does that make me some sort of bad guy? As for my avatar, I've been using it here for about as long as I remember and have never once been asked to remove it by Admin. If you're offended by it by all means take that matter up with Sam and if he wants me to remove it I will be all too happy to do so.

Hi Jahfin,

Remember what my mama always told me..."a frown is just a smile turned upside down!"

Here's a video I picked just for you! Because we all need a little sunshine now and then,--don't you think?........missy

Feel free to play it loud and play it often.

Edited by missytootsweet

One thing I really despise is when people put words in my mouth and this is exactly what you're doing here. I have nothing against you, that's all in your head. When we all first signed up here we agreed to the abide by the forum guidelines and first on that list is searching for topics that have been discussed previously before starting a new thread so I would think it's a very important one or Sam wouldn't have put it there. You admit yourself to trolling which is another rule here and a very important one at that. So, basically it was a waste of my time to even search for a duplicate thread.

More talking out of your ass here. I could care less about hierarchy, post counts, quickest to respond, etc. I never even pay attention to my post count and it could stay at zero as far as I'm concerned. Nor do I think I have any sort of hierarchy over anyone else. I've learned more about Zeppelin here than I ever have from reading books and magazines over the years. All I did was try to help you out only to get slapped in the face for my efforts. How does that make me some sort of bad guy? As for my avatar, I've been using it here for about as long as I remember and have never once been asked to remove it by Admin. If you're offended by it by all means take that matter up with Sam and if he wants me to remove it I will be all too happy to do so.

Not all of my post that you are replying too was directed at you, thats all in your head <_< To say you have been slapped in the face for your efforts seems a little feeling sorry for yourself, I quote from my very first post in reply to you finding this thread I was looking for "Excellent well done ! seems I was the last on their anyway 2 years ago, but thanks for your efforts" there seems to be no slapping of your face there, only thanks. You could of said no problem or nothing, instead you write a curt reply in a huffy manor about not posting on the thread you found. I explained To you that I replied to your post on my thread as people had already posted, its polite to, You obviously did have the problem however you want to deny or dress it up.

The best thing for you to do is if you do not like how I reply to your posts, is to do not let me have the opportunity to do so, by replying in a curt manner or anyway that will get me or anyone needing to reply as we see fit, otherwise the replies you get might lead to you not liking said replies. Also please spare me the poor old you "I am not a bad person"....That is laughable.

Edited by leddy

Not all of my post that you are replying too was directed at you, thats all in your head <_< To say you have been slapped in the face for your efforts seems a little feeling sorry for yourself, I quote from my very first post in reply to you finding this thread I was looking for "Excellent well done ! seems I was the last on their anyway 2 years ago, but thanks for your efforts" there seems to be no slapping of your face there, only thanks. You could of said no problem or nothing, instead you write a curt reply in a huffy manor about not posting on the thread you found. I explained To you that I replied to your post on my thread as people had already posted, its polite to, You obviously did have the problem however you want to deny or dress it up.

The best thing for you to do is if you do not like how I reply to your posts, is to do not let me have the opportunity to do so, by replying in a curt manner or anyway that will get me or anyone needing to reply as we see fit, otherwise the replies you get might lead to you not liking said replies. Also please spare me the poor old you "I am not a bad person"....That is laughable.

I wasn't looking for any sort of thanks or a pat on the back. I was merely trying to help you out.

There's no harm at all in having a Yes thread or two every three years - such a great band deserves the attention. Surely it's better than the 1,000th "Is Jimmy Chinese?" thread.

PMSL yeh someone talking sense, So tell me is Jimmy Chinese then ??? :whistling:

If by Chinese one means English & Irish then yes, Mr. Page is reportedly 100% Chinese.

Woah, i got waaay off topic in that "instrument" thread, thanks for answering my question about Jon though. Someday hopefully I'll see him in concert.

Did you go to any of the shows he and Rock Wakeman played in the last 2 years? They've only toured in England I believe.

If by Chinese one means English & Irish then yes, Mr. Page is reportedly 100% Chinese.

Woah, i got waaay off topic in that "instrument" thread, thanks for answering my question about Jon though. Someday hopefully I'll see him in concert.

Did you go to any of the shows he and Rock Wakeman played in the last 2 years? They've only toured in England I believe.

I didn't go to see Jon and Rick I was going to and they were near to me playing.

I moved this vid from that thread to its rightful thread here.

"

"

What do you YES fans think of this? It's good stuff! I am going to order this asap as it is available from the "Lost Broadcasts" dvd.

FireOpal, this is for you, if you stop by. You can have his Royal Bassness and I'll go ahead and "settle" for Jon Anderson. :) Deal??....missy

Hi Missy, sorry it seems a bit like a poor attempt at Deep Purple's "Hush" I guess around about the sane time (what year was it ??) although Hush was origanally by Joe South. I liked Yes once Steve Howe Joined. :)

I really love Yes, and for me, this is not only one of their greatest songs, but one of my favorite songs by anyone.

This was a pretty wild period in my life, and this was practically the soundtrack for it (along with Presence).

Last year on the way to see a show in Atlanta (TCV, I believe), we cranked this song in the car (my favorite way to jam a good tune) while sporting a nice buzz, and it still has such a raw energy, an almost tribal sound, totally wanton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3empEQP_g

And yet I also enjoy the later version of Yes as well.

A couple more of my favorites - the 2 albums I really like from their 80s era...

I think this one is so awesome the way it goes from a light acoustical beginning into a kinda heavy crescendo. Masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzFYYcMuyYw

Sorry for that folks, found it now. Must have been that half a bottle of Captain Morgan and 5 pints of lager. Blind drunk. Doh.

Yeah i saw Yes in the round, as they say, on a turning stage at Wembley Arena. It was some sort of anniversary concert because nearly all, if not all, members past and present were playing on stage.

Was that about the mid nineties ??

You know who's a big Yes fan? Sherman Helmsley, who played George Jefferson on the classic sitcom "The Jeffersons." He called Yes "God music." He sounds like a free spirit/hippie in real life, not remotely like the volatile George Jefferson :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was. Not sure, it was when i was still smoking a lot of weed, bit hazy. I used to save all my concert tickets but some went missing.

You may be talking about the Union tour from 91. Which was essentially a merging of the (then) current Yes lineup with the (then) current ABWH lineup(bit more complicated then that, I know, but that's the gist of it).

The show is currently being released as a "special limited edition" DVD and CD.

Edited by Cletus

You may be talking about the Union tour from 91. Which was essentially a merging of the (then) current Yes lineup with the (then) current ABWH lineup(bit more complicated then that, I know, but that's the gist of it).

The show is currently being released as a "special limited edition" DVD and CD.

Hey the original creator of the thread :) cool

kiwi,

A lot of people pick that as their fave Yes song/album. I think their Fragile album was the equivilant to Led Zeppelin IV as far as breaking them wide open,-- across America anyway. "Roundabout" was their most commercial record in the 1970's. I do love it myself, but my own favorite is "Your's is No Disgrace".

Here let me give you a sample. This is not a common version. Taken from some BBC show called "Sounding Out", maybe that's like our "Midnight Special" over here.

Anyhow, the song is clipped off a bit in the beginning but most of it's there and the band is so young and FRESH.

Check out Rick Wakeman dancing at the keyboards, or Chris Squire jamming that bass, or Steve Howe who is on FIRE in this.....also Bill Bruford's drumming can be seen and it's looks pretty darn impressive. Obviously, Jon Anderson sings like a slice of heaven. Yes, I'm a fan of the Band!

So what do you guys think of this clip? I can't wait to hear. :).......missy

Hi Missy :wave:

Damn! Why didn't I see this before?! :blink: Sheesh! :slapface: Sorry about that! :unsure:

Anyway, I see that you are a big "Yes" fan! :D Awesome! B)

Thanks for posting that clip! That sounded good! :D

Looking forward to more contributions from you on the "Yes" thread. I'm still rather new to them to be honest! :blush:

Cheers!

Your friend,

Kiwi

Damn! Why didn't I see this before?! :blink: Sheesh! :slapface: Sorry about that! :unsure:

Anyway, I see that you are a big "Yes" fan! :D Awesome! B)

Thanks for posting that clip! That sounded good! :D

Looking forward to more contributions from you on the "Yes" thread. I'm still rather new to them to be honest! :blush:

Cheers!

Your friend,

Kiwi

ooooh you have a wonderful collection of Music to find on them....top band

Anyway, I see that you are a big "Yes" fan! Awesome!

Thanks for posting that clip! That sounded good!

Cheers!

Your friend,

Kiwi

Hi kiwi, :wave:

That is so sweet of you to come back and post a reply. No need to aplogize.

I've read many of your posts and it's easy to see what a thoughtful and kind person you are.

I would never feel blown off by you friend. :)

But I must admit...... it does feel nice when you ask a specific person something and they do come back and offer you their thoughts.

And it doesn't always happen here either, so thank-you. :thanku:

Speaking of clips, this post gave me another shot at listening to this clip, and it is good!! However, I'm not a Yes expert at all. I'd like to become one though.

Most of my familiarity with the band comes from their early period of music. So really I'm new to them also (with respect to their later body of work).

Looks like we'll both want to check this thread from time to time! :D

I ordered "Yessongs" dvd this week. I'll come back and post a vid if there is some good stuff in it. Cheers!............;) missy