Assseing the Remasterd Zeppelin 1 2 3

McSeven

So we all listen to Zep in different ways. By record/cd/Mp3. So do you all think that the new Zep we get in June 2014 will be worth buying in terms of sonic landscape and extras?

Do you think this is a cash grab?

For those of you that are more MP3 dependent. Will you replace what you have with the remastered?

For me. The only way I would do a replacement of the Zep Remasters are if there is a significant difference in quality. Like hearing things I did not hear before.

Also any speculation on what the alternate takes will be like. I have heard an alternate of WTLB. I have that and the original. I like both takes. I like the faster version for tempo. Yet I like the ending of the original when Page does a mini solo at the end, which on the faster take is too mixed in with the main riff.

I will listen to it all. Yet it will have to be extremely crystal clear. I would lean towards more of a Physical Graffiti clean up than the rest of the catalog. I find Wanton Song and Custard Pie vocals too muddy.

You are aware that there is a thread in the News section currently in progress (at 109 pages at last count) that discusses this very subject? Nice job mangling your thread title, too. It wouldn't hurt to do a little search...and some proofreading...before posting.

Another gem from the oldest newbie.

Btw, that's not how you spell ARSING!?

Coming home after a particularly tiresome day at work I have to thank you as your post made me truly laugh out loud!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived