Why is Robert excusing himselve during "Nobodies fault " ?

Tea for Tanja

Given that he only used the "excuuuuuuse me" part on the '77 tour is what pointed me in that direction. Steve Martin was extremely popular, as was that saying, in that time period. He kept the "Oh Jimmy!" part past that tour, but not the other aforementioned part. I guess we would have to ask Robert, unless SAJ has record of any conversations where that was addressed.

"Excuse me! .. Ah would ya excuse me? I'm just trying to find the Bridge"

From The Crunge.. That would be my guess ...

But it could also be the Steve Martin connection as well. He was huge around that time..

Given that he only used the "excuuuuuuse me" part on the '77 tour is what pointed me in that direction. Steve Martin was extremely popular, as was that saying, in that time period. He kept the "Oh Jimmy!" part past that tour, but not the other aforementioned part. I guess we would have to ask Robert, unless SAJ has record of any conversations where that was addressed.

It's an interesting suggestion but personally I believe this oft-repeated ad-lib was inspired by The Crunge (as Jimmy's solo in NBFBM is a bridge).

If that's the case, then why no "excuuuuse me" statements in '79 or '80? Not that it really matters, just interesting why it was only said in the US for the '77 tour and never after - but "Oh Jimmy..." was continued. That's really my basis for thought.

If that's the case, then why no "excuuuuse me" statements in '79 or '80? Not that it really matters, just interesting why it was only said in the US for the '77 tour and never after - but "Oh Jimmy..." was continued. That's really my basis for thought.

Perhaps it's a bit of both...he was inspired to take the original "excuse me" line from The Crunge and ad-lib it into "Excuuuse me" from Steve Martin for the '77 tour. It's a great question for someone to ask Robert.

"Excuse me! .. Ah would ya excuse me? I'm just trying to find the Bridge"

From The Crunge.. That would be my guess ...

But it could also be the Steve Martin connection as well. He was huge around that time..

who is it that asks about the confounded bridge?

Archived