The Masters and food

chillumpuffer

As you may or not know us CP's are avid golfers and foodies. Can anyone recommend a table for the weekends action? We would like maybe traditional Georgian cuisine, if there is such a thing. Please, no fried chicken as I am quite capable of doing this. My initial thoughts were a Jambalaya which has everything we love. A bit like a creole Paella? Anyway suggestions will be mixed in the pipe and inhaled.

How about non stop Pay tv coverage, at a beach house on the south east coast of Australia overlooking the ocean. Beautiful Paella dinner, compliments of a 'major' friend of ours, which is absolutely sensational.

Freshly caught local crab and prawns, mussels instead of clams, home made turkey stock instead of chicken stock, authentic short grain rice and my own home grown tomatoes, red capsicum, garlic, thyme, parsley, fresh rocotto chili ............. aaaaaaaand, of course, Aussie white wine, both in the paella and to lingeringly savour along with your dinner ............. mmmmmmm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paella_7100

You better hurry up and get your asses down to Heathrow :)

edit ..... ooops, forgot dessert. How about freshly picked cherry guava from my tree and I make a pie of some sorts, mixed with almond meal and toasted almonds and local fresh cream.

How about non stop Pay tv coverage, at a beach house on the south east coast of Australia overlooking the ocean. Beautiful Paella dinner, compliments of a 'major' friend of ours, which is absolutely sensational.

Freshly caught local crab and prawns, mussels instead of clams, home made turkey stock instead of chicken stock, authentic short grain rice and my own home grown tomatoes, red capsicum, garlic, thyme, parsley, fresh rocotto chili ............. aaaaaaaand, of course, Aussie white wine, both in the paella and to lingeringly savour along with your dinner ............. mmmmmmm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paella_7100

You better hurry up and get your asses down to Heathrow :)

edit ..... ooops, forgot dessert. How about freshly picked cherry guava from my tree and I make a pie of some sorts, mixed with almond meal and toasted almonds and local fresh cream.

:boohoo:

MRS CP GET THE BAGS PACKED !!

hahahahaha ............ Maybe not such a good idea.

I think we'd better scrap the plane ride and go back to a closer dinning experience for you both .......... at least if you ever want your wife to talk to you again :black_eye:

I reckon the trip down under is out of the question - for now.

I think I'll do pork spare ribs for starts and a Jambalaya. One pot dish is the best way to fly. That will be for Saturday. Sunday maybe a Chilli and some home made Spelt bread. Wines by the plenty. Beer - not really we just don't drink it.

Unless our US friends can suggest any thing else ?? Come on Seany boy what would you do?

Pecan pie would be a good Georia-type dessert. Also, collard greens, corn bread, black-eyed peas, and something containing peaches - since Geogia is the "Peach State". Just some ideas...I'm sure Sean would have many better items.

WC - that sounds wonderful, btw! :)

Thanks Walt. Love corn bread but it is pretty rare around these parts. Yes peaches. Almost my favourite fruitage. Maybe a cheesecake with peaches. I have made this before and it was yum. I could make a large one for both days?

Pity my Cali orange bud isn't ready for the weekend. Damn ! Predictions have started on the golf thread.

Well, Georgia isn't quite in the same league as New Orleans, in my opinion, and Jambalaya is definitely more a New Orleans cuisine than Georgian.

Fresh peach cobbler is a must, of course. And some barbeque...either some ribs or a pig on a spit. Walter is correct with the collard greens, corn bread, etc. Throw in some grits, too.

Maybe you could whip up the Champions Dinner that Adam Scott selected.

Beautiful Aussie food flown over from Queensland for the meal. Quite typical of what we eat actually, except for the wine. OMG .... that wine! :o

Moreton Bay bugs are a type of lobster.

All served with a magnificent 2005 Grange Hermatige wine.

image.jpg

Always look forward to the Masters.

I'll be pulling for Graeme McDowell to win the green jacket on account that he attended UAB, which is right over the hill from where I live.(saw Manic Nirvana tour there too)

So, in the spirit of your thread CP, I may crank up some fashion of corned beef, with lots of cheap beer included.

I might duck away to my basement and and get into my sweet stash of four leaf clovers as well.

CP, Georgia is known for its peanuts as well as its peaches, so maybe a peanut encrusted chicken along with a peanut slaw...and some peanut brittle.

Are you nuts !! :D Ribs have been ordered and I will marinate them this arvo after I thrash Mrs CP at Golf. She is doing a Jambalaya and I'll do a chilli for Sunday. US wines are eye wateringly expensive here so as my tip of Adam Scott is doing well, I'll get a few Aussie wines. Though not the Penfold's Heritage Grange Shiraz served at the dinner, unless I drop lucky in the next 24 hours.

Thought yesterday was pretty tough with the pin positions and all. I won't watch tonight as we have the last 4 episodes of Breaking Bad to watch and I can't wait to see what happens.

Live on the BBC on Saturday and Sunday so that's that sorted. Thanks for all your help over there for menu choices

And don't forget the famed Vidalia onion, CP.

Don't know if they make it to your area, but they're so sweet and mild, people make peanut butter and onion sandwiches over here.

Thanks Walt. Love corn bread but it is pretty rare around these parts. Yes peaches. Almost my favourite fruitage. Maybe a cheesecake with peaches. I have made this before and it was yum. I could make a large one for both days?

Pity my Cali orange bud isn't ready for the weekend. Damn ! Predictions have started on the golf thread.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Perfect-Homemade-Cornbread/

You boys are both right on. Vidalia onion dip is great with chips - or just using the onion in many different recipes. KB, that was good too. Mrs. Walter makes a fantastic corn bread with Jiffy corn muffin mix, a can of cream corn, a can of whole corn and some sharp cheddar cheese. It is fantastic with bbq, ham and many other dishes as a side.

Hope you food fiesta goes well, CP!

You boys are both right on. Vidalia onion dip is great with chips - or just using the onion in many different recipes. KB, that was good too. Mrs. Walter makes a fantastic corn bread with Jiffy corn muffin mix, a can of cream corn, a can of whole corn and some sharp cheddar cheese. It is fantastic with bbq, ham and many other dishes as a side.

Hope you food fiesta goes well, CP!

My mom used to put pork cracklin's in cornbread - Cracklin' Cornbread.

It was all kinds of good.

Archived