See "Lucifer Rising" with Jimmy Page's score April 17

Strider

Page is a miser, aka a major "Led Wallet." Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone following the band as I have since 1973. He's as cheap as they come. I love Jimmy, but not like a blind child.

Examples? no sarcasm intended

Page is a miser, aka a major "Led Wallet." Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone following the band as I have since 1973. He's as cheap as they come. I love Jimmy, but not like a blind child.

Oh? And how do you explain all of his charity work? The fact that he worked hard for his money, and didn't throw it around like a drunken sailor doesn't justify be maligned in public. Perhaps when someone has stepped up for charitable causes like Page has, they would have some credibility to their observations, but in this case, Anger is clearly still a petulant child all these years after the fact.

Oh? And how do you explain all of his charity work? The fact that he worked hard for his money, and didn't throw it around like a drunken sailor doesn't justify be maligned in public. Perhaps when someone has stepped up for charitable causes like Page has, they would have some credibility to their observations, but in this case, Anger is clearly still a petulant child all these years after the fact.

Good post Dark Lord. As mentioned in the Re-releases topic, the prices are pretty fair compared to, well just about every other artist (many with not even half the talent of Zep) that has made similar releases. As has always been the case. And this should be needless to even say, but the quality has always been so high with any Zeppelin release. Where's the penny pinching? So i'm kindly waiting some examples from SIlver...though i suspect he could be Kenneth Anger himself, just trolling us.

I love Jimmy's music with this film as it's quite unique. The film itself is bizarre, quite amateur and almost unwatchable. Not filmed, edited and produced by a real pro as Kenneth Anger is not! Can't blame Jimmy having his attorneys putting a stop for this showing. I would too, if I had a look at it.

Where's the penny pinching? So i'm kindly waiting some examples from SIlver...though i suspect he could be Kenneth Anger himself, just trolling us.

Type in Google "Jimmy Page" "Led Wallet." Many who know him personally comment on how tight he is. LOL. Nothing wrong with it, it's just I thought it was common knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...

Some years ago, I found on the internet a worn-out version on video of a prime cut, with Page soundtrack. As I say, it wasn't the final edition of the filme, but some rough cut with different takes and images, maybe a copy of the version that Anger used in september 1976, in Los Angeles, supposedly the audio source that was used on the bootleg version of Page soundtrack (those blue-vynils that appeared in the eighties). The quality isn't good anyway, but I was fascinated as it was something extremely rare to find. I don't know if the video is still available somewhere, I think it was a torrent on The Pirate Bay. I can't remember properly because I've downloaded so many bootlegs and Zeppelin-related artifacts over the years that my mind is a mess. But I remember to feel that Page soundtrack sounded very good with those old and archaic images of ancient temples, the land of Egypt and mythological characters.

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2014 at 11:03 PM, Wolfman said:

Damn, I would love to see this. I hope it comes to NYC.

Just watched it. What am I missing folks? I found it to be the most uneventful 30 minutes of film I have ever watched. The version I watched did not have any of Page's music in it either. Not sure what the hype was about?

Archived