One last song......

curseddiamond

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the site and have what may seem a bit of a random question for you all but here goes. My wife and I have been together for 3 years and in that time I've been introducing her to my taste in music, including of course Led Zeppelin. When I met her she was a fan of Westlife, Pink and Evanesance but she now loves to go to gigs with me (Black Stone Cherry, Alterbridge etc) and is really broadening her tastes. Tonight we've been listening to some great music and before we went to bed she said 'Ok one last song, if you are going to play me the ultimate Zep song, what's it going to be?' I stared at my Zep cds for ages trying to pick just the right track and in the end picked 'In my time of dying'.

My question is - in my place what would YOU pick?

Whoa, very tough one, but as a long term fan whose preferences have shifted over the years, I would need to know more about her tastes, and preferences. As of today (for my tastes), I would have to narrow it down from the following three: How Many More Times, In The Light, and Carouselambra. Maybe next time just throw a leg over, and leave the tough decisions for the morning. :)

The "ultimate" Zeppelin song? Has to be either "Stairway," "When the Levee Breaks," or "Kashmir."

Three really obvious choices, but there's a reason they're so popular, and why (at least at times) the band has stated their appreciation of them,

no no ,make her MIND EXPLODE & go off to dreamland being AMAZED & leave no doubt:

WHY you & the world STILL regards Zep as BIG BOYS & after all these years STILL they rule "LIVE" !

play her most recient KASHMIR performed in 2007 !

NOTHING has blown more skeptical minds as that performance !

I agree with you, of course, but I also know that many women find Zep "too heavy." (Or too loud, raunchy, low-brow, etc.) When such women are exposed to the softer side of Zep, their opinions can change--a lot.

Thanks all for the suggestions, it's been great to get so much feedback :-) She's picked her favourite today and it's the 2007 live Kashmir version! A close second though was D'yer Mak'er which I thought was a bit left field until she said it was cos of Bonzo's great drum fills. I'm a very proud husband :-)

Thanks all for the suggestions, it's been great to get so much feedback :-) She's picked her favourite today and it's the 2007 live Kashmir version! A close second though was D'yer Mak'er which I thought was a bit left field until she said it was cos of Bonzo's great drum fills. I'm a very proud husband :-)

That's the beauty of Led Zeppelin...something for everyone!! And something for every mood! I have a different favorite on any given day. I love how everyone gave you such diverse choices as the one song to play, it's this diverse appeal to so many that makes LZ truly unique and timeless.

Btw...you can never go wrong with Kashmir, and back to your original post, In My Time of Dying is one of my top favorites!!

If she's my wife, "Kashmir", hands down.

If we're dating, and the relationship might elevate, The "Rain Song", followed by the "Wanton Song".

Chiaroscuro, baby!

• 2 weeks later...

Bron-Yr-Aur

That's The Way

The Rain Song

Kashmir

Out On The Tiles - "All I need from you, is all your love/All you gotta give to me, is all your love."

Over The Hills And Far Away

D'Yer Mak'er

Ten Years Gone

Darlene

Baby, Please Come Home

Hey, Hey What Can I Do

Archived