POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

From Ireland Online Jan. 30, 2008

"Plant hints at full Led Zeppelin tour

28/01/2008 - 2:14:48 PM

Robert Plant has further fuelled speculation Led Zeppelin will launch a full reunion tour this year - by replying "you never know" when asked if the road show is going ahead."

this isn't a definite no. from him it's on the positive side.

Since you quoted me in your post, I should clarify that when referring to "insiders' I wasn't talking about quotes made to the media. :beer:

More media to add to the rumors but at least they name their source.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...36-7642,00.html

I did a search for Ritchie Yorke and didn't see this posted so I hope it's not a repost. Sorry if it is.

Here's the article:

"LED Zeppelin is ready for a world tour and a Brisbane gig is almost certain to be on the itinerary - but it won't be until early next year at the earliest.

The British hard-rock legends put on a two-hour concert last month at London's 02 Arena for 20,000 fans, and speculation has swirled a fully fledged world tour.

Guitarist Jimmy Page confirmed plans for a tour were being made but refused to be pinned down to definite plans, saying any tour would depend on front man Robert Plant's busy schedule.

Radio reports suggest Brisbane would be on any schedule for an Australian leg of a tour but other confirmation has come from a source much closer to the band.

My comment/question: I read the press release and I don't recall Jimmy ever saying or hinting that tour plans were being made. When I took from the press release that after September, there may and I underscore may be discussions only....nothing concrete.

biographer and Brisbane-based rock writer Ritchie Yorke said the band wouldn't come all this way and not play Brisbane, where the band played a sellout Festival Hall in 1972.

``They see themselves as a band that brought a lot of change to rock’n’roll and took it to another level after the Beatles", Yorke said.

"They didn’t want to mess with that, so that’s what held them back from doing this before."

"There’s always been big money for them to get back together but they’ve felt it was just too special a thing to be tossed out again just for money. "

``They’re not going to wait till they’re 66."

``My understanding is Toronto-based promoter Michael Cohl has a $200millon dollar offer on the table and that’s just for North America. And I also heard that Madison Square Garden has been booked for 14 nights.’’

Comment: 14 nights??!! :lol: :lol: Sorry, that does not seem believable....certainly not 2 weeks (not that they couldn't do it but......)

``They’ll do Australia because they’re quite fond of Australia but it may not be till later. Every country in the world wants dates and they’ll only do so many, but I reckon they’ll do four or five in Australia and Brisbane will get one.’’

Page has explained that Plant "has a parallel project and he's really busy with that, certainly until September".

Page, who is visiting Japan to promote a greatest-hits album, acknowledged that the three surviving members of the iconic 1970s band had laid the groundwork for a world tour.

Comment: :huh:

The London gig came 27 years after the band split up following the death of drummer John Bonham."

Good example of how the media takes a story and runs with it...in this case, they sprinted!!!! :lol:

this is what this thread has become.:lol: laugh laugh a laugh

my personal opinion (I'm not media) is they will tour

people can post articles they see, hopes they may have, or true INSIDER info as some of you seem to have. :lol:

Jason Bonham didn't even know about this board when asked if he knew he had been a topic of dicussion. :lol:

freedom of thought and freedom of speech. now how many times do i have to say there will most likely be a tour in my personal opinion and I'm in titled to it without :lol::lol:

let's see...the pessimists can :lol::lol: at the "unrealistlist" hopefuls. I'm just demonstrating what all the :lol: looks like...i'm not going to continue the overuse at laughing at what people are hoping/thinking. it's a form of antagonizing others not just speaking your piece.

it's clear

pessimists are realistic, tough and :lol: (and in my opinion a bit cliquey and arrogant)

positive hopefuls are crying wha wha's in the pessimists viewpoint but in the positive hopeful viewpoint just HOPEFUL....that's not like we are crying our eyes out if it doesn't happen.

So far, insiders say Robert's still saying no.

How many threads have I posted this in tonight? :lol:

Been a long time since the Tall Cool One has said anything but no huh? Well he is no longer saying no, straight out anyway. Who knows? Insiders aside, with all respect, it's opinion right now, and everyone has one of those. Even insiders.

Just my 2...Don't be surprised if you see some surprises before Zeptember.

It's all happening. :D

Ha! So how the Daily Mail turned Jimmy's "I can't give you any news on anything at the moment" into "tour in the works" is beyond me :rolleyes: :

Led Zeppelin are ready to rock the world in new comeback tour after reunion success

Last updated at 22:45pm on 31st January 2008

Comments

Led Zeppelin are to announce a comeback world tour likely to be the biggest in the history of rock music.

Lead guitarist Jimmy Page says they are ready for a series of concerts across the globe as soon as they have tied up individual projects.

Dates in the autumn have been discussed and venues such as the 74,000-seater Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and the new 90,000-seat Wembley Stadium are being considered.

The tour, it is understood, will initially take in Europe and North America and then, depending on demand, further dates will be scheduled in Australasia and South America.

Industry analysts believe it could earn as much as the Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang world tour – which grossed more than £250million.

Estimates are based on the recent one-off reunion at the O2 in London which led 20million fans from across the world to apply for 20,000 tickets.

The tour cannot begin until September, by when Robert Plant's current commitments as a duo with U.S. singer Alison Krauss are finished.

I have a feeling that there will be a tour announcement next week (w/c/4 February)

Just putting this here as a record of my prophesy!

I have up until now said there will be no tour, but have changed my mind today. I don't know why, just have a feeling.

I don't think there should be a tour and that the O2 closed things, but I hope for the sake of countless LZ fan(atic)s that my prophesy is right.

I feel it will be Tuesday.

I think they will do a world tour but at the end of the year and 2009, Robert has the tour with alison krauss, it is his responsability and he has to do it. He never said "NO I WILL NEVER DO A WORLD TOUR WITH LED ZEPPELIN" so i have hope, meanwhile i save some money :D just in case....

I have a feeling that there will be a tour announcement next week (w/c/4 February)

I have up until now said there will be no tour, but have changed my mind today. I don't know why, just have a feeling.

I don't think there should be a tour and that the O2 closed things, but I hope for the sake of countless LZ fan(atic)s that my prophesy is right.

I hope you're right! :D

Personally I'd love Jimmy to tour, with ANY band, Id love to see him on stage playing out awe inspiring guitar solos. Lets hope that band will be Led Zeppelin.

I hope you're right! :D

Personally I'd love Jimmy to tour, with ANY band, Id love to see him on stage playing out awe inspiring guitar solos. Lets hope that band will be Led Zeppelin.

...and if that band is Led Zeppelin, (this year would be a 40th anniversary tour, wouldn't it?)

does anyone know which fan club would we need to join to get presale privileges?

...and if that band is Led Zeppelin, (this year would be a 40th anniversary tour, wouldn't it?)

does anyone know which fan club would we need to join to get presale privileges?

If you find a place for "presale privilege" let me know. ;)

In the mean time- I continue to save, save, save- have a distinct feeling that this will cost dearly. And I'm planning a trip to England in addition. Guess the mall is off limits for a time- LOL. Nothing worthwhile is cheap. B)

Why would they annouce a tour when Robert has not even embarked on the Raising Sand tour?

I haven't been hanging around much lately. The months leading up to the concert and even now left me with an information overload. I could sit here for days and sort through all this but would rather have someone fill me in.

Simply, are we still at the rumor stage? Is there going to be an announcement or is it just a rumor of an announcement? :huh:

I haven't been hanging around much lately. The months leading up to the concert and even now left me with an information overload. I could sit here for days and sort through all this but would rather have someone fill me in.

Simply, are we still at the rumor stage? Is there going to be an announcement or is it just a rumor of an announcement? :huh:

Still just rumors. The only thing definite is that we won't know anything till after September. Everyone is booked with other projects until September.

Still just rumors. The only thing definite is that we won't know anything till after September. Everyone is booked with other projects until September.

Thank you. Feel better. Apparently I haven't missed anything.

On another note how about the O2 DVD rumors? Did anything ever come of that?

I heard from someone very high up and in tune with the behind the scenes music industry (I work in the industry and you do find yourself talking to some of the highest higher ups from time to time-actually in this case it was one of my best friends who did the talking) tonight that Zeppelin definitely has plans (and has for a while) to do some shows or a tour in October.

Though I would consider the source very credible I suppose it is in the long run just another rumour....

If you find a place for "presale privilege" let me know. ;)

In the mean time- I continue to save, save, save- have a distinct feeling that this will cost dearly. And I'm planning a trip to England in addition. Guess the mall is off limits for a time- LOL. Nothing worthwhile is cheap. B)

ditto your and tedvance posts! presale privilege :)

I'm saving for this one hopefully to make a couple concerts stateside. that's exciting that you are planning a trip to England. very cool

not sure if this has already been posted:

Led Zeppelin Have 'No Idea' About Future Plans

Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has said that the band have “no idea” about what their future plans might be.

Speaking at Radio 2’s annual Folk Awards in London last night (February 4th), the bass player couldn’t confirm any further recent tour rumours.

Asked if they had spoken to each other, he told the BBC: “I am obliged to say we have and we have absolutely no idea of what we are going to be doing.”

Rumours about the band’s future have been persistent since they performed a one-off show at the O2 Arena in London last December.

The high demand for tickets – which saw over 1 million people register for just 9,000 pairs of tickets – is believed to have caused them to think about doing more shows.

Last month, guitarist Jimmy Page told reporters that they wouldn’t be able to consider additional shows until at least September.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/40548/led-zepp...ut-future-plans

meanwhile i save some money :D just in case....

I will give you company on that mission... When a Led Zeppelin tour is happening, i have got to see more then one show... i mean, one show just seem to be to little... Got to see as much as possible of em... Ofc, that i will get tix to more then one show is not given ofc...I will ofc be more then in heaven if i can see them just once... but, as you know, less is more ;)

Archived