POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Again could be more speculation. What they should have is the bands promotor or a web promoter of some sort to keep us updated on their events on the official sites. More so being alot of their fans do not have an account to this site, so by having a linked promotor on here would not only drive traffic here but centralise all the speculations. But again this is all high hopes in a land of promised dreams... theres a chance they wont tour and some of us need to wake up and smell the flowers on that issue no matter how painful that may be.

Again could be more speculation. What they should have is the bands promotor or a web promoter of some sort to keep us updated on their events on the official sites. More so being alot of their fans do not have an account to this site, so by having a linked promotor on here would not only drive traffic here but centralise all the speculations. But again this is all high hopes in a land of promised dreams... theres a chance they wont tour and some of us need to wake up and smell the flowers on that issue no matter how painful that may be.

very true i was thinking of the band...but the let down to the fans WORSE...

maybe the moderator can delete this?

An article appeared 2 days ago in The (London) Times that says that venues are being held open in the U.S. in the hopes that Mr. Plant will change his mind:

Promoters offer whole lotta loot to lure Led Zeppelin back on stage

Led Zeppelin could earn well over £100 million if the hard-rock band went on tour next year in the wake of Monday’s triumphant reunion gig. The band are being pursued with offers from both Live Nation and AEG, the rival concert promoters, with each structuring bids in the form of a large upfront payment to lure the band to their venues.

One source said that “AEG put a bid in on the night” - although that could not be confirmed independently – but intense demand, as already seen for Monday’s gig, would probably make a Zeppelin reunion the most sought-after ticket in 2008.

The reluctance of Robert Plant, the lead singer, still makes a tour far from certain, although the three other band members are believed to be willing to go ahead. Venues in America have been held open in the hope that Plant will say yes.

It is likely that the four-piece band would be able at least to match the estimated $212 million grossed by The Police for their reunion this year, according to figures compiled by Billboard, the industry magazine.

Link to complete article here

This type of thread is a perfect thing. PLEASE, I implore if you find another story put it here. I hate having to sift through 40 threads of drivel a night with people putting up the same weeks' old stories filled with innuendo and guessing from stadium people or concert promoters. And if the mods could blend the existing ones into this one, that would certainly clean up the board a bit.

An article appeared 2 days ago in The (London) Times that says that venues are being held open in the U.S. in the hopes that Mr. Plant will change his mind:

Promoters offer whole lotta loot to lure Led Zeppelin back on stage

Led Zeppelin could earn well over £100 million if the hard-rock band went on tour next year in the wake of Monday’s triumphant reunion gig. The band are being pursued with offers from both Live Nation and AEG, the rival concert promoters, with each structuring bids in the form of a large upfront payment to lure the band to their venues.

One source said that “AEG put a bid in on the night” - although that could not be confirmed independently – but intense demand, as already seen for Monday’s gig, would probably make a Zeppelin reunion the most sought-after ticket in 2008.

The reluctance of Robert Plant, the lead singer, still makes a tour far from certain, although the three other band members are believed to be willing to go ahead. Venues in America have been held open in the hope that Plant will say yes.

It is likely that the four-piece band would be able at least to match the estimated $212 million grossed by The Police for their reunion this year, according to figures compiled by Billboard, the industry magazine.

Link to complete article here

It's incredible the amount of money they could rake in.... and the 02 show was a charity event... I think it would be great if they did a tour where each show gave to a different organization.

Or what if they did a (RED) Tour!

It could be Led Zeppelin TOU(RED)

It would match the Mothership artwork quite well.

edited to say: Maybe Bono needs to work on that one. He could make TOU(RED) something artists can add to their tours. Either make the whole tour Red or just sell a Red Shirt or whatever.

I just heard the same news moment ago, they said it in Planet Rock news, I wonder how reliable is it?

From what I gather, certain venues are trying to woo the band to play them, I dont take that as concrete evidence taht theyre touring. After the O2 gig everybody's been speculating about a tour and so big venues are trying to get first in line for a possible tour. It is interesting however that there has been no word at all from the band members personally regarding how the gig went and future plans (except for Plant/Krauss dates)...

So far possible venues weve got are:

• Giants' Stadium
  • MSG for 3 nights
  • A Venue in Belfast (Don't know what venue has been rumoured)
  • Millenium Stadium
  • Wembley Stadium for 2 nights
  • Knebworth (would be great if theyd decided to recreate the gigs from '79, Plant said he thought it would be a great idea to recreate their gig at the Albert Hall in '70 before the venue change to the O2 so why not?)

A couple of points here:

Even if they are lining up a tour, Robert's not going to want any details released until his tour is over as any talk of a confirmed Zeppelin tour would completely overshadow his dates with Alison.

If there is going to be a tour I reckon you'd be looking at late 2008 at the earliest. If they're playing stadiums (they'd have to really, otherwise there'd be loads of ticketless punters again) then it'll be summer 2009 for Europe.

There would be absolutely no need whatsoever for them to play festivals like Glastonbury and Bonarroo when they can sell out their own gigs and play solely to their own fans.

I hope they wouldn't choose Knebworth - it's a royal pain to get in and out of.

As much as I'd love to see them again, I honestly believe the best we can hope for is the odd one-off, not a full tour.

Even if they are lining up a tour, Robert's not going to want any details released until his tour is over as any talk of a confirmed Zeppelin tour would completely overshadow his dates with Alison.

They will stall this one until Robert has had his fill with Krauss, and use the O2 DVD and other gimmicks to keep the level of excitement going.

Rock Legends Led Zeppelin team up with The Smurfs for Christmas Album

The infamous rock band Led Zeppelin are to team up with the popular TV characters, The Smurfs, to record a one-off Christmas album. The album is to be recorded in a helium filled studio to maintain the classic Smurf high pitched voice effect.

Father Abraham, smurfmeister, has teamed up with Robert Plant on lead vocals, Jimmy Page will be performing a harmony guitar part with Farmer Smurf, Papa smurf will be replacing the deceased John Bonham on drums, John Paul Jones will be playing keyboard and Harmony Smurf on bass.

Some of the tracks from the album include:

• Dazed And Compressed
  • Blue Dog
  • Whole Lotta Helium

Special precautions have been put in place to prevent evil wizard Gargamel from boycotting the recording by using his black magic to unplug the amplifiers.

Jimmy Page comments on the Whole Affair: "I think this recording is going to be really good for our reputation and it will bring Led Zeppelin back into the charts with a high octave kick"

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Rock Legends Led Zeppelin team up with The Smurfs for Christmas Album

The infamous rock band Led Zeppelin are to team up with the popular TV characters, The Smurfs, to record a one-off Christmas album. The album is to be recorded in a helium filled studio to maintain the classic Smurf high pitched voice effect.

Father Abraham, smurfmeister, has teamed up with Robert Plant on lead vocals, Jimmy Page will be performing a harmony guitar part with Farmer Smurf, Papa smurf will be replacing the deceased John Bonham on drums, John Paul Jones will be playing keyboard and Harmony Smurf on bass.

Some of the tracks from the album include:

• Dazed And Compressed
  • Blue Dog
  • Whole Lotta Helium

Special precautions have been put in place to prevent evil wizard Gargamel from boycotting the recording by using his black magic to unplug the amplifiers.

Jimmy Page comments on the Whole Affair: "I think this recording is going to be really good for our reputation and it will bring Led Zeppelin back into the charts with a high octave kick"

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If Jimmy is reading he is either laughing his ass off or on the phone with his lawyer. I will say one thing, your talent as a writer is limitless!

From what I gather, certain venues are trying to woo the band to play them, I dont take that as concrete evidence taht theyre touring. After the O2 gig everybody's been speculating about a tour and so big venues are trying to get first in line for a possible tour. It is interesting however that there has been no word at all from the band members personally regarding how the gig went and future plans (except for Plant/Krauss dates)...

So far possible venues weve got are:

• Giants' Stadium
  • MSG for 3 nights
  • A Venue in Belfast (Don't know what venue has been rumoured)
  • Millenium Stadium
  • Wembley Stadium for 2 nights
  • Knebworth (would be great if theyd decided to recreate the gigs from '79, Plant said he thought it would be a great idea to recreate their gig at the Albert Hall in '70 before the venue change to the O2 so why not?)

Dates at MSG were mentioned last week after the show and someone in the band (they didn't say who) recalled the three shows they did back in '73 and how much they loved playing their and supposely would like to do it again. Giants Stadium dates have been talked about. A few news sources that a few dates have been put on hold. Belfast, Millenium Dome and Cardiff have all been mentioned in various online articles today for possible dates. Use Yahoo and Google news searches. Best of yet...Harvey Goldsmith is involved with it. Get ready for another effective lottery. Can hardly wait.

Archived