DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

On 5/2/2017 at 7:15 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I assure you I did not vote for him

+1

14 hours ago, geekfreak said:

superb dude... its seem he`s just an idiot putting all is comments on the social network WW3 could start with him

:goodpost:

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not know of one respectful person that voted for the bastard.  He is fucking things up in this country big time. He is dangerous.  Our closest allies realize this is a nation divided.  I am sure many of those that did vote for him now regret it because they have shot themselves in the foot.  This health care thing is one huge problem.  His term cannot end soon enough.

:goodpost:

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not know of one respectful person that voted for the bastard.  He is fucking things up in this country big time. He is dangerous.  Our closest allies realize this is a nation divided.  I am sure many of those that did vote for him now regret it because they have shot themselves in the foot.  This health care thing is one huge problem.  His term cannot end soon enough.

i feel for you dude...but four years wow 

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

haha I'm surviving, thanks for asking! How about yourself?

same as yourself moving along slowly one step at a time. . . struggling to make any meaning out of the governments huge amount of bullshit red tape argh! I`ve never until now need a funding but now that I so need it complete nightmare fucking right 100% dickheads will not give one inch I come out completely stressed to the MAX! also empty handed bollocks

23 minutes ago, geekfreak said:

same as yourself moving along slowly one step at a time. . . struggling to make any meaning out of the governments huge amount of bullshit red tape argh! I`ve never until now need a funding but now that I so need it complete nightmare fucking right 100% dickheads will not give one inch I come out completely stressed to the MAX! also empty handed bollocks

Hang in there man, you're a good lad, things will work out in the end. :friends:

5 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Hang in there man, you're a good lad, things will work out in the end. :friends:

yeah its just a right royal pain in the arse! towards the jumped up little Hitler`s in the local government offices where time stands still...we`ve the utter loosen twists and turns of unlimited auto-exhaustive failure! from the idiots! there`s the other side of the coin to which are or aren't within the realms of happier times of life`s colourful peeps of freaks weirdos and geeks are my people ooh yes! forgotten the vinyl-junkies to yous been through the lowest lows and highs to the pleasure of VINYL`S buying and listening to them!!!! wow wee amazingly mega yeeeeeees! ok now where wee coming going but where your heart is yous are whole caring and loved happiness... weird weirded oops there my peeps... I`m lost with out my magazine fix of " Hittin` The Note. . . Because Music Matters " boo woo boo woo! sheer bloody hellish hell...more isn't less but less is more...   liked this musician awesome IMHO....5919aac0f1832_71whvwS6SrL._SX425_PJautoripBadgeBottomRight4-40_OU11__.jpg.6bb906b175be46086ba8d352e4d09d0c.jpg512wjI2rEQL._SX425_.jpg.2993013643d66dca1eeee226d7767059.jpg

on the :stereo: playlist for today is: 510wEeV3BgL._SX425_.jpg.b1e0b6cebb11bfe7768773c698be16ed.jpg591bdd175cdfb_71JVHpa2WUL._AC_UL320_SR318320_.jpg.c4faa219cd59aa5c0f075a4e01440af6.jpg51uJr-X-cBL._SX425_.jpg.041a8b2f072da23e603e1ac9aa173396.jpg591bdd3fbadec_71whvwS6SrL._SX425_PJautoripBadgeBottomRight4-40_OU11__.jpg.c5fcd8c3fea1ed6f5b972ca94d058755.jpg4159RT7H0AL.jpg.9ebced76c77a60a1df0dd865a5d63c4e.jpg41lJMcIMSKL._SX425_.jpg.3986635aaae651ca3b63ff1500096ed8.jpg591bdcc8d4a7e_71ch67EP0YL._SX425_PJautoripBadgeBottomRight4-40_OU11__.jpg.a0b3a865fa627594b328700a378c8dc8.jpgwow wee amazing playlist imho... hmmm so there isn't much government bollocks going on yet! due to the facts of the election coming up which in truthfulness will bring out the backstabbing we`ll do better than them bullshit! so has to get your vote... missing out on happiness I need to uncover the darker passages through out my life and replace with positive vibes through out...     

On 1/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

13 Freaky Facts About Friday the 13th

By Live Science Staff | July 13, 2012 08:42am ET

Does Friday the 13th freak you out? If so, hold on to your rabbit's foot extra tight, because there are three of these supposedly unlucky dates in 2012, though perhaps luckily, this Friday (July 13) is the last of them. Though, there's always some fear to be had next year, 2013.

Read on for 13 strange facts about this day of superstition.

1. The year 2012 was a special one for Friday the 13ths: There are three of them: Jan. 13, April 13 and July 13. The freaky thing? The dates fall exactly 13 weeks apart. That hasn't happened since 1984.

2. If that scares you, you may have paraskavedekatriaphobia (also known as friggatriskaidekaphobia). Those are the scientific terms for fear of Friday the 13th. Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number 13.

3. It's not clear when or why Friday the 13th became associated with bad luck. The association may be biblical, given that the 13th guest at the Last Supper betrayed Jesus. His crucifixion was the next day, apparently a Friday. Or maybe 13 suffers from coming after the more-pleasing number 12, which gets to number the months, the days of Christmas and even the eggs in a dozen. (There are also 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel and 12 apostles of Jesus.)

4. Whatever the reason, fear of 13 has spread far and wide: Hotels and hospitals often skip the 13th floor, and even airports quietly omit gate 13 sometimes.

5. The next year in which we'll have three Friday the 13ths is 2015. They'll fall in February, March and November.

6. If you think your Friday the 13th is likely to be bad, be glad you aren't a 14th-century Knight Templar. On Oct. 13, 1307, officers of King Philip IV of France raided the homes of thousands of these Crusades warriors, imprisoning them on charges of illegal activities. Though the charges weren't proven, more than a hundred died of terrible torture, according to "Tales of the Knights Templar" (Warner Books, 1995).

7. Fittingly, director of psychological thrillers Alfred Hitchcock was born on the 13th — Friday, Aug. 13, 1999, would have been his 100th birthday. Perhaps aptly titled "Number 13," a film that was supposed to be Hitchcock's directorial debut never made it past the first few scenes and was shut down due to financial problems. He allegedly said the film wasn't very interesting. (Meanwhile, Fidel Castro was born on Friday the 13th, in August 1926.)

8. Why does the Friday the 13th superstition stick so firmly in our minds? According to Thomas Gilovich, who chairs the department of psychology at Cornell University, our brains are almost too good at making associations.

"If anything bad happens to you on Friday the 13th, the two will be forever associated in your mind, and all those uneventful days in which the 13th fell on a Friday will be ignored," Gilovich said in a statement. [13 Superstitions & Traditions Explained]

9. For pagans, 13 is actually a lucky number. It corresponds with the number of full moons in a year.

10. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is said to have avoided travel on the 13th day of any month, and would never host 13 guests at a meal. Napoleon and President Herbert Hoover were also triskaidekaphobic, with an abnormal fear of the number 13.

11. Mark Twain once was the 13th guest at a dinner party. A friend warned him not to go. "It was bad luck," Twain later told the friend. "They only had food for 12." Superstitious diners in Paris can hire a quatorzieme, or professional 14th guest. [13 Odd Occurrences on Friday the 13th]

12. Stock broker and author Thomas W. Lawson, in his 1907 novel "Friday the Thirteenth," wrote of a stockbroker's attempts to take down Wall Street on the unluckiest day of the month. Reportedly, stock brokers after this were as unlikely to buy or sell stocks on this unlucky day as they were to walk under a ladder, according to accounts of a 1925 New York Times article.

13. This fear of Friday the 13th can be serious business, according to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, N.C., which, among other things, offers therapy to help people overcome their fear of the freaky friday. Their estimates suggest hundreds of millions of dollars, up to $900 million are lost due to people's fear of flying or doing the business as usual that day, though that number isn't backed up with other estimates.

First time I got down with the old rumpy bumpy was on a Friday the 13th...I still feel lucky :thumbsup:

Edited by IpMan

hmmm where oh where do the crackpots get off with shooting there mouths off well mister brain isn't engaged and I`m not talking about the government officials but your everyday conmen man! give me weirdos every time conmen sense will always break through thankfully...ahahahahahahahaha! now that`s out of the way still reeling over the passing of Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell shook ooh yes. . . R.I.P Chris

my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Chris at this sad time...BBBglqQ.thumb.jpg.10114cc990d4cf9da8c046a51ebcc05a.jpg  

this isn't the be all end all of life mental health issues being used to block or not offering employment to a mental health... sort of weird vibes flowing through the mix of daily normal vibes of a minds missed matched other or nothingness mindful mindfulness? questions within questions streamlined to the last dot! get busy living or get busy dieing sounds like a plan...we`ve been awaiting the coming of the utter didn't do it or know it. surely nearly never been able to give up... tomorrow, today, tonight and yesterday? see-saw mind twisted open/closed crossovers shit happens didn't deal well with it... symbols_2.gif.bbdded4099d43220111aa8ec6426b6d8.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hell or high of nothingness within. . . nearly never always waiting why ooh why! turning twisting rolling moaning utter crap just because of nothingness within nothingness...

start of the mix match of thoughts on thoughts twisting with mindless mindfulness meltdown...miss-up miss-down missed out all the TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!271509_original.gif.9d09e2d06325fb5965dce7dbbcb9465c.gif 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

surely someone at sometime somewhere somehow will willingly care for a fellow human being? phew! maybe not? that`s a given self discovery how long was that you may ask yourself a bleeding lifetime argh! since there aren't to many genuine caring human beings full stop...since the dawn of my 13th birthday I`ve been discovering my own musical appeal which spans a wide range of genres so it a little strange that I `m moving to the rear of my love of  ROCK!!!! SOUL!!!!   and Blues!!!! which is a sheer joyful...  

Millennials Have Discovered 'Going Out' Sucks

Young people are the new old people.

Everywhere you go, millennials are pushing the boundaries of convention and defying the rules: Almost getting people elected, riding "hoverboards" that are actually basically just Segways, writing self-congratulatory thinkpieces about ourselves. It's a busy world out there, and millennials are taking charge. For instance, this is the first generation ever to admit that going out actually sucks.

"They're the greatest generation—of couch potatoes," is how the New York Post, in one of the most amazing articles ever written, describes millennials. The case against us? We're streaming more television and spending more time on our phones than Gen X, declining to socialize in person, and maybe most damning of all, "More young people are choosing to spend a quiet evening at home." We're not even cool enough to get drunk: "A 2016 survey by Heineken found that when millennials do bother to venture outside, 75 percent drink in moderation."

The Post suggests a few reasons for millennials' lameness, including a quote from a neurologist who says that cases of exhaustion among young people are on the rise and a note that going out, especially in big cities like New York, is expensive. But even those of us who aren't perpetually broke and tired are still not embracing traditional methods of socializing, like sitting in a dark bar doing shots until something happens. This has something to do with social media, maybe? Oh, and dating! Whatever happened to dating, right?

"You know, the whole 'Netflix and chill,' whatever you think about it... it's kind of a trend," one millennial helpfully told the Post.

You could point to various generational reasons for millennials' habit of staying in—it's not surprising that a cohort that came of age between 9/11 and the worldwide financial crisis would be a little more frugal and culturally cautious than their predecessors. Remember, the previous generation was so decadent and insulated from reality that "flannel" was a fashion trend and the most popular TV show was about six people hanging out in a coffee shop and periodically fucking one another. Millennials, in contrast to the depraved hedonists of Friends, who kept exotic animals like monkeys as pets, are a frugal, risk-averse sort, traits that don't lend themselves to turning Saturday nights into Sunday mornings.

You could also note millennials' well-established money woes and conclude that there's no great mystery behind us not wanting to drop $100 on a night out that ends with you walking home shoeless and headache-y at dawn. Or maybe it's just that "millennials" is a category that now includes 30-somethings, and people old enough to know shit about 401(k)s aren't inclined to spend their weekends snorting whatever gets offered to them in unisex bathrooms, then either dancing or talking about the JFK assassination for seven hours straight.

But really, what this completely real trend the Post has identified shows is that millennials have cracked the code. For most of human history, young people have spent a good chunk of their lives going "out," which mainly meant getting fucked up on mead or some mildly poisonous herb, then having sex with a stranger, waking up in a field, or both. Youths are always derided for this by the older generations, who claim that in their day the herbs were less poisonous and the outdoor coitus less brazen. Most of these kids, of course, settle down with one another and devote themselves to not being completely crushed by whatever economic system looms over them. Occasionally, they'll walk by a field and laugh fondly, knowing that their reckless phase has passed, and that what they really want to do is just hang out in front a fire with some of their closest friends and describe episodes of premium cable shows to one another. The wildest these nights ever get is when one of them cheekily brings some poisonous herbs to spice things up.

But millennials—if you believe the Post, and why wouldn't you?—are skipping past all that bullshit, those late-20s nights where you don't even enjoy waking up in a field but feel obligated to by your fear that you will be washed up if you don't spend Saturday puking while texting your friends to remind you not to mix mead and herbs, then going to brunch. Fuck going out. Fuck "out." It's expensive, it's crowded, it smells bad, the bands are usually terrible, the clubs are usually worse.

You know what's great? Sitting around and watching TV. Have you tried it? You get to wear comfortable clothes, summon whatever food you want via phone and eat it with your hands, go to bed when you choose—for most of the humans who have ever lived, this generation's typical night in represents an impossible pinnacle of luxury. People used to worry about stuff like drought, famine, and a new band of men with swords riding into town. Don't underestimate the simple luxuries of a glass of wine, a roof overhead, and a screen that can show you anything you can imagine.

So stay in tonight. Get a decent bottle of red wine or one of those bourgeois-ass beers that's brewed with like, lemon peels. Watch an entire Prince concert or a shitload of Peep Show. Or, fuck it, go Full Old and read a book. Sleep when you're tired. Wake up feeling rested for once. Go to the park. You'd be surprised by all the places you can go when you're not going out, and how nice the people are once you're there.

Source: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/ppveam/millennials-have-discovered-going-out-sucks

• 3 weeks later...

Seems pretty legit!

From a personal perspective, I love listening to composers such as Beethoven, Chopin and Tchaikovsky but at the same time, I need my fix of bands such as Metallica, Tool, Nirvana and Motörhead! B) 

Classical Music Lovers and Metal Fans Have Surprisingly Similar Personalities

classical music lovers metal fans personality

If you love listening to classical music, it seems that you may have similar personality traits with metal fans.

Although classical music and heavy metal seem like they couldn’t be further apart musically, new research shows that fans of these genres are actually quite similar in their psychological profiles and that the two aren’t actually that dissimilar at all.

Adrian North conducted a study alongside fellow researchers at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland of 36,000 people from six different countries.

The results were pretty interesting – both metal and classical music fans were found to be creative, gentle people who seemed at ease with themselves. A number of other traits were found to be similar in both groups of fans, which can be explained by many reasons.

North explained the similarities when speaking to the BBC,

We think the answer is that both types of music, classical and heavy metal, have something spiritual about them – they’re very dramatic – a lot happens.

These personality traits allow users to not conform to traditional mainstream music since they have more open minds than their mainstream-loving counterparts.

Other findings were quite interesting and create new stereotypes for music lovers.

Low-income individuals were found to enjoy more relaxing, peaceful music whereas the higher-earning people preferred energetic, punchy music. Jazz fans were generally found to be creative and extroverted with high self-esteem, whereas fans of country music were found to be introverted and very hard working. Soul lovers were gentle, confident and at ease with themselves, whereas rap fans were outgoing and occasionally rough. Finally, the most negative of the genres was the indie group, who were found to lack both self-esteem and a work ethic.

Further studies, such as one carried out by Viren Swami, psychologist at the University of Westminster, found that people who listen to metal music have a general openness to new experiences which can be driven by a desire to be unique, not dissimilar to those listening to classical music.

Aside from the fact that the fans are similar, both music genres are similar in the ways in which they perform music. Both are highly theatrical and have enormous dynamics, attracting a certain kind of listener. Whilst this research opens up many more questions about genres of music, I think one of the main lessons we should take away from this research is not to stereotype anybody due to their musical tastes because we may not be that different after all.

Source: https://www.learning-mind.com/classical-music-lovers-metal-fans-personalities/