DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

I have a theory around music. People are "comfortable" with patterns. Music is basically made up of small mathematical equations, but the patterns are not there, or at best very hard to find and inconsistent. For that reason, I think music appeals to such large numbers of people because it plays a giant mind fuck with one’s brain. So when an artist creates a trance like or mantra like rhythm, Kashmir for example (but many other songs by other artists) it creates a sense of fulfillment. And the mind trying to understand a particular song structure causes you to experience different feelings.

I`m still with music being colour`s, but your mathematical equations is also a grateful dead patterns. Phil Lesh . . . I do like the idea of the giant mind fuck with the BRIAN. . .

mind you both the colour/mathematical would work together, its like the acid test of the grateful dead `60`s/`70`s so added the two `n` weed, wow sound like a plan to geek-freak, once I`ve gotten couple of days off I`ll be putting it to the test... I`ve be a fan of the bands of the `60`s hippie San Francisco `n` across the states, the dead, airplane, big brother, Jimi `n` coz. . .

Is there any inconsistent within the two being as ONE . . . there are many other musical question`s which would blow your MIND, for me to be mellow `n` listening to MUSIC . . . but there

is nothing better than listening to music, tune in `n` drop OUT!!!. how are the other life on other planet`s is there any other life out there ?????????????????. Is there life after death . . .

well we ever now world peace, why oh why can I be allowed to dress like I do without other`s making the piss, I like hippie style fashion it just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!.

right that's it for now see you later . . .

Quote:

life is for living so get busy dieing or get busy . . . LIVING

I`m still with music being colour`s, but your mathematical equations is also a grateful dead patterns. Phil Lesh . . . I do like the idea of the giant mind fuck with the BRIAN. . .

mind you both the colour/mathematical would work together, its like the acid test of the grateful dead `60`s/`70`s so added the two `n` weed, wow sound like a plan to geek-freak, once I`ve gotten couple of days off I`ll be putting it to the test... I`ve be a fan of the bands of the `60`s hippie San Francisco `n` across the states, the dead, airplane, big brother, Jimi `n` coz. . .

Is there any inconsistent within the two being as ONE . . . there are many other musical question`s which would blow your MIND, for me to be mellow `n` listening to MUSIC . . . but there

is nothing better than listening to music, tune in `n` drop OUT!!!. how are the other life on other planet`s is there any other life out there ?????????????????. Is there life after death . . .

well we ever now world peace, why oh why can I be allowed to dress like I do without other`s making the piss, I like hippie style fashion it just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!.

right that's it for now see you later . . .

Quote:

life is for living so get busy dieing or get busy . . . LIVING

Your posts make er interesting reading, but your spelling is AWFUL!!!!!

sorry about the AWFUL SPELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. but which bits are you pointing out to me is it `n` or words ending in ing without the G . . . I`LL BE more to the right spelling of my worms lol. . .

Ok I`ve over the last few day`s been listening on youtube.com, the band I found just by putting in wrong name. There was just something about the way the band where dressed, the `60`s/`7o`s vibe, trippy, psychedelic rock front by a woman. Wow what a voices sort of Plant/Joplin vibe cool she can hit the notes in the top range wow. She is the first woman for a long time

I can say is pure rock vocalist on top of there form. Oh sorry the bands called Blue Pills, the female vocalist I`ve personnel find are amazing an there music is within my vinyl/cd`s are:

Janis Joplin, Bessie Smith, Big Mama Thornton , Tina Turner, Ma Rainey, Etta James , Bonnie Bramlett Joss Stone and Billie Holiday. But this young woman is right up there with the best of them. So I`ll be getting hold of there EP/Live album a.s.a.p.... I`ve also found out they do have a new album out soon, if you wish to check them out go on youtube.com click on the song,

devil man first its got some great guitar riff`s an her wonderful voice. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!. Yes the art work to there EP/Albums is to me very `60`s psychedelic , which to me is far out cosmic cool... roll along the weekend end I need to chilli out with BBQ, Music, beers and ????????. Smokes tune in and drop out. PEACE MEN/WOMEN .

I need a cosmic ride to blast the cobweb`s from my Mind. . . see you all on the other side.

Quote:

make love not WAR...

I`ve been trying to chilli out, from the stress of real life worries and worthwhile past times. there is totally no exodus of exaltation evoke.

customize consistent consumption of connoisseur OF MINDBLOWING JAMBANDS MUSIC. . . tis the greatest exodus from REALISTIC REALITY. . .

by playing the music of ABB, Zeppelin Widepread Panic, Ben Harper. Trey Anastasio, Gov`t Mule, Medeski, Martin and Wood, Grateful Dead, Galactic,

Deep Banana Blackout, Soulive or Phish. Or one of the other mindblowing jambands, into lightening music. oh I`ve forgotten to add the band to the moving your head to a cosmos of in lighten time and space, Blues Pills. . . where on this rotting vegetable state mind can you find a better way

to blowout all your stress`s within real life times. . . so I`m of to exodus my STRESS`SSS?.

Quote:

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land and don`t criticize.

What you can`t understand your sons and your daughters are beyond your command your old road is rapidly again`.

Please get out of the new one if you lend your hand.

For the times they are.

A-CHANGING. (Bob Dylan)

is there anyone whom seeing the world through rose tinted glasses, as the feeling of nothing all a round this planet of death, wars, pollution, politics, police state`s, religious bigots. nothing

seem to change any of it the children of the flower power, couldn't find the answers to any of the above, the only gave us the music to seek out. which is some small comfort in your complicated lives. I wish I could wear the rose tinted glasses so I wouldn't see all of life`s realistic realities, but this hippie is still one of many protesters with my fist in the air crying out , but still no one is listening... maybe its time to rethink of an adventure to temporarily leave reality for a time by soaking myself within my own promises where there are NO bigots, police states,

politicians, racism, GPS, patronizing , child abuse WARS. . . as there is not anyway!. only temporarily leave I`ll just leave temporarily within the halo of MUSIC I`ll be SAFE.

Quote:

poets, prophets, minstrel, vagabond ... the realistic sentimental visionaries

Hi geekfreak! I think it is really awesome that you still have your fist up. There should be more people like you!! You said you have your fist up but no one is listening but were they really ever listening? I don't know as much as I would like to about the hippies but I do know that students peacefully gathered at Kent State University and the National Guard shot and killed some of them. And I also wonder why there have been so many wars and greedy politicians in the past 40 years when a lot of them lived through those times!!

Things are really bad for people my age. Here in America there aren't very many jobs for young people...or anybody else actually. I heard it is like that in the UK too. Maybe even worse. I heard on the news a couple months ago that a lot of people in England are struggling so much that they have to choose between eating or paying the heating bill. And that there have been protests and riots. Is that true? That's a very scary thought. A lot of my friends have already graduated from college and can't find a job in their field to pay back their student loans!! One of my friends got her degree in culinary arts and can't work as a pastry chef because it doesn't pay her enough so she went back to her old job at a department store. Another girl I work with told me she was talking to her mom and her mom was telling her that one day she will become a grandmother. The girl told her mom that she doesn't believe that she will make it to be that old..that she thinks none of us will because she doesn't see how we can progress any further. Like how much more can we progress in a technological way and all the wars and the economic problems and how tv and movies pretty much suck now. A lot of young people having nothing else to look forward to other than getting wasted. And I understand where she is coming from. Also, my friends show me a lot of videos on youtube about how the government lies to us and the news lies to us. I can tell you most young people don't trust the government or the cops. One of my friends was going home from work one night when he was pulled over by a cop for no reason. The cop pulled him out of his car and threw him into the muddy road and put his knee on his chest. He was accusing him of drunk driving or whatever else he thought he could have done wrong. All the time he had his flashlight in his face so that he couldn't see the cops face!! Then the cop told him "Get the f***out of here!" still shining his flashlight in his face so he couldn't see the cop. It really scared the crap out of him!!! And I just heard about a cop shooting in California where they shot this guy in the head who had a knife. It's so scary to be alive! I think some people are listening and are just scared to talk about this kind of stuff. But I think the times we are living in is like the calm before a storm. And I guess what I'm trying to say is that us young people have a lot of things in common with the hippies. But maybe we have it worse? I think the time will soon come when people have no choice but to speak up for their rights and for humanity.

As things are at the moment, life is pretty crap for everyone, including young people. Nothing to look forward to, not knowing whether you'll get into uni ( and if you do, will you get a job after, will you be able to pay off your debts?). Knowing you probably won't be able to afford your own place until you're well into your thirties, and even then you'll be lucky to find somewhere you feel safe walking alone after dark (which, in the UK, is mid-afternoon in the winter). You feel ugly if you're this or that, too thin, too fat. And aren't people happy to put you down by telling you?

It's all quite depressing.

lipslikecherries, I don't know how it is in the US so I can't tell you whether it's ''better'' or ''worse'', but it is true there are a lot of families/people really struggling to make ends meet week upon week. Not that anyone in Westminster seems to give a damn, they're okay as long as they get their money (and a lot of it) each month.

there only politicians in the United Kingdom or United States Of America, you only see them or hear from them whenever they need your VOTE!. as for the Police there just a bunch of BRAIN DIE PUPPETS, as one morning coming home from work(nightshift) I was pulled over as they said I was not constituent and drifting, they said was I under the influence of drugs/ alcohol, are

well once they found nothing wrong I was sent on my way. no they didn't say sorry or anything. police state. . . yeah debts, housing , fat /thin , the way you dress too, just because you wish to be yourself, I`ve even be question about my musical listing choices , your old why do you listen to this and that. those people are the bigots whom don't feel that good about being a Human Being. that's why this Hippie is keeping his values, peace, love, understanding and fist in the air. maybe one day some politician may LISTEN... but I will not hold my breath... thank God for my faith and rock and roll till an answer will be found.

there only politicians in the United Kingdom or United States Of America, you only see them or hear from them whenever they need your VOTE!. as for the Police there just a bunch of BRAIN DIE PUPPETS, as one morning coming home from work(nightshift) I was pulled over as they said I was not constituent and drifting, they said was I under the influence of drugs/ alcohol, are

well once they found nothing wrong I was sent on my way. no they didn't say sorry or anything. police state. . . yeah debts, housing , fat /thin , the way you dress too, just because you wish to be yourself, I`ve even be question about my musical listing choices , your old why do you listen to this and that. those people are the bigots whom don't feel that good about being a Human Being. that's why this Hippie is keeping his values, peace, love, understanding and fist in the air. maybe one day some politician may LISTEN... but I will not hold my breath... thank God for my faith and rock and roll till an answer will be found.

Ha other way around for me, ''you're young, why do you listen to...?'' (Zep, Floyd, etc.).

I'm treated like I'm ill sometimes, as if liking ''old music'' is something to pity.

Edited by jimjam

This thread has turned a bit on the depressing side. Life is not that bad. Chin up and focus on today, and after focus on tomorrow, and things will move in the right direction. There is work out there folks, sometimes you have to be willing to move to a new community or country, acquire new skill sets, and work your way to the top!

This thread has turned a bit on the depressing side. Life is not that bad. Chin up and focus on today, and after focus on tomorrow, and things will move in the right direction. There is work out there folks, sometimes you have to be willing to move to a new community or country, acquire new skill sets, and work your way to the top!

It's not as easy as you think Charles, I have had over 70 refusals for jobs (probably because of my age) and that is just the ones that bothered to answer. Anyway there may be light at the end of the tunnel, the firm I worked for 'til January phoned me and said that I was on their list of new starters, they reckon it will be June......Not meaning to put a downer on myself but I won't hold my breath.

Sorry, that's probably my fault. You're right, try and look for the positive in everything.

depressing hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no it just the views of those people about what `s going down in there lives. not everyone is on the up all the time. I`m just going to :stereo: and chilli with some rock and roll music. . . .

Quote:

Hittin` The Note . . . Because Music Matters

Tight But Loose

Its Only Rock `N` Roll But I like It

Mr. Suit, everybody. :lol::P :P

Life is beautiful and it is what you make of it. Happiness is anything anywhere! I wasn't trying to depress the thread. I was just thinking deeply. :lol: Maybe I shouldn't do that...

Not at all, I was trying to cheer you up a bit by saying tomorrow's new day with something to look forward to. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the slipstream of depression, we all do it from time to time but it's important we remember that lots of good things happen as well and we all control our own destiny in life.

Laugh off the crap is a cool way to go. when I start the topic it was with the view of find the deeper meaning of topics, life, live on other planets, the meaning of life etc, ect. . . so what do you thing of is there other life in the universe. . . what is the meaning of life. . . add your own topic to. . .

Laugh off the crap is a cool way to go. when I start the topic it was with the view of find the deeper meaning of topics, life, live on other planets, the meaning of life etc, ect. . . so what do you thing of is there other life in the universe. . . what is the meaning of life. . . add your own topic to. . .

No disrespect to you geekfreak, but I have mentioned this before. I do not believe in god, ghosts or flying saucers, When I meet god or a ghost or see a ship from another world I will change my opinion, until then I will just carry on not believing.

But that's just your point of view, your not being disrespectful its just your point of view as I said before. but there are other people whom may have a other view point, to add to the topic`s. or you may have a topic which needs more input from other`s. take war, ukip, the state of the planet, FREEDOM... just go for it.

I'm with Plantpothead when it comes to the hippy looking guy in the sky with a toga and sandals. When I was a kid I was enrolled in private catholic schooling and was asked to leave which was fine by me. As far as life on other planets, I believe it exits, but not necessarily beings walking around and so on. Perhaps small animal life or fish or bacteria and so on.

I am deeply thinking about what kind of person it takes to become a busybody. Are these type of people's own lives just not interesting enough to hold their attention? Are they trying to find answers to the meaning of life but cannot find them in their own lives? Or maybe they're just mean and nasty.....and are possibly from another planet or universe! I am not sure. What does everybody else think?