DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Back to the topic at hand around deep thoughts.

I think the hardest part I have as an individual which I think is odd is actually being able to talk to people face to face when not in a work setting. For example right now I'm sitting in my home office alone and wondering what I will say when I actually visit the "real office" to drop some paperwork off in the next hour or so. Relationships with other people are kind of tough. Also, I feel guilty sometimes that I more or less have not talked to anyone from school since the early 1990's because I moved and built a home in a different part of the province and basically found a handful of new friends who are a music buddy, ski buddy, and kayak buddy.

I also don't think that people have really given much thought as to how important the energy business is for everyone on this planet.

some times you need to seek out escapism as to escape unpleasant realities. my faith is no always been of help to me in all situations in my life.

sympathetic, caring, honest and heartened , yes the depression is only the out come of ??????????????, other more personnel situations which I don`t wish to say . . . yes I`ll like to have peace around the world with all mankind. like Charles j. White with the inter action with relationships with others, I`ve found more missed trust than not. one of my consistent companions are GOD, MUSIC... zepdawg, slave to zep have great points of view which is as most of you have stated. if you wish me to be more honest than the world is a world of total fuck ups, when you see all the crap around it makes you scream... being form the U.K world cup football big worry will we go HOME EARLY L O L

Hi Plantpothead! It was Zepdawg that brought Christ into the conversation, not me. You have misunderstood the purpose of my mentioning Christ's words. For the sake of not offending someone's religious beliefs and teachings (because I probably would!) I will not say anymore here. I'm not the kind of person to force my thoughts on religion or God down anybody's throat. It's a personal thing. If you feel you really need to discuss Christians, the Bible and Jesus Christ with someone who hasn't spent time in church then you are more than welcome to private message me. :) :)

Ummm, excuse me but only referring to geekfreaks posts is why I brought Christ into it, for his sake because he mentions faith an Christ himself!

CJW, I don't think it's 'odd' that you feel that way. People's personalities are different: some would have no problem with speaking in front of lots of people and are generally outgoing, others struggle with day-to-day stuff like that (me, too, by the way).

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to offend anyone, I have my own views, I was brought up as a Catholic and I had religion beaten into me at school from the ages of 5-10.I had to go to mass twice a day on Sunday AND every Friday. It just doesn't work for me when people recommend to put ones faith in the Lord,I don't believe any of it, if there was a superior being overseeing us, they certainly wouldn't let things carry on as they are.So no offence lipslikecherries (GREAT NAME BY THE WAY!!)

I understand where you're coming from. I could offer my thoughts on the Catholic faith but again I don't wish to here because someone might take offense when my intent is not to offend.

Let me just say this: There was a time when I thought just like you. I thought if there is God then why is the world such an awful place? Why doesn't he act upon our cries and acknowledge our suffering? But then I came to the realization that we all have free will. We can be who we want to be. We can even destroy ourselves or each other and we often times that is exactly what people choose to do. And I also realized when people are at their weakest and most vulnerable points they always turn to God whether they believe God is there or not. It's like a subconscious thing, it has to be because why would a person go against their own logic? And why do tribal people pray to a God? I don't know too much about history but I'm under the impression that as long as there have been people there has been the belief of God. Logic leads me to believe that it is instinctual. And I think it is perfectly healthy, if not the right thing to do to question God, what he represents and whether he's really there and what role religion plays in all this. I'll stop here and all of this is my opinion of course! :)

Here's a song that I think applies to this discussion here:

And thanks I like your name too Plantpothead! That's a funny play on words!

Edited by lipslikecherries

Back to the topic at hand around deep thoughts.

I think the hardest part I have as an individual which I think is odd is actually being able to talk to people face to face when not in a work setting. For example right now I'm sitting in my home office alone and wondering what I will say when I actually visit the "real office" to drop some paperwork off in the next hour or so. Relationships with other people are kind of tough. Also, I feel guilty sometimes that I more or less have not talked to anyone from school since the early 1990's because I moved and built a home in a different part of the province and basically found a handful of new friends who are a music buddy, ski buddy, and kayak buddy.

I also don't think that people have really given much thought as to how important the energy business is for everyone on this planet.

I used to be like that too Charles J. White! I would have mild panic attacks socializing with people. But then I found work in a field where I recieve a lot of verbal abuse (and some sexual..) from all walks of life. I came to the conclusion that when I'm genuinely pleasant, secure, confident and stand my ground I can handle any social situation. When you have people treating you like s*** you really learn it's senseless to give a damn about what misjudgments strangers may have about you.

And you don't seem to have any problem talking on the forum. Sure we are just words on a screen but there is a face behind them. Just like the people at your work, they are faces only you're missing the script! You know, one of the funniest things I have read on this forum was your favorite smells! :lol: I think you shouldn't worry about it. Just be yourself everyone will see the good things you have to offer! :)

As for your friends, why don't you try contacting them? More times than not, people can't 'go home' again but sometimes you can! :) :)

some times you need to seek out escapism as to escape unpleasant realities. my faith is no always been of help to me in all situations in my life.

sympathetic, caring, honest and heartened , yes the depression is only the out come of ??????????????, other more personnel situations which I don`t wish to say . . . yes I`ll like to have peace around the world with all mankind. like Charles j. White with the inter action with relationships with others, I`ve found more missed trust than not. one of my consistent companions are GOD, MUSIC... zepdawg, slave to zep have great points of view which is as most of you have stated. if you wish me to be more honest than the world is a world of total fuck ups, when you see all the crap around it makes you scream... being form the U.K world cup football big worry will we go HOME EARLY L O L

I agree!

I agree!

I just filled out three free contest brackets on ESPN and I took England to win it all on a couple. Also took Argentina and Netherlands and Germany. I do not want Spain again.

I will add my two cents on God and why he does not interfere with life on Earth. For those that are believers, and to other Catholics like myself, why would God constantly interfere and use us like pawns in a chess game? If he took human form as Jesus and died for our sins, then we all must bear our own cross and burdens in this short life. If you think of your life in comparison with eternity, its so short its beyond comprehension. So you do what you can here, and hope things will be better for eternity. There are certainly instances where many believe God does take a hand. There are many many miracles that have occurred. Who and why he choses we can only guess. I look at my own misfortunes and the impending surgery I have next week. But I know there are others far worse off than me. I have a cousin in Florida with Cancer. So I will do what I must and know that so many others have had it far worse. Those that died in wars for our freedom, and those that are stricken with Cancer and terrible diseases like Spina Bifida. Well, spell check is red, I do not have the energy to look up the correct spelling but you know what I mean. Religion and faith can be a very powerful source of getting you through many problems. Sometimes I joke to myself and say the Bills and Sabres have not won it all yet because God is punishing me for the sins of my youth, and present. But i am sure there are plenty of sinners in LA, and they are about to win the Cup. I think. I would say if you are depressed, talk to someone. Whether its another person or God. I get alot of help in life from my pets. Yes, my cats. They are just great little companions. They can be a good distraction from all of the bad things that go on daily

well, I will add my opinion - and remember it is my opinion .....

I do not, can not, believe in the " God " that somehow created the world/universe ....

if that guy exists, why would he allow all the pain and suffering? To teach us to be better? so, a newborn baby is given horrible, incurable, painful afflictions/disease/disfigurements/mental or physical problems ..... yeah, that will teach her!

We are allowed to drop nuclear bombs on each other, rape and murder. abuse each other, torture little children .....

look, this stuff has gone on for thousands of years, we haven't learned ANYTHING yet.

well, I will add my opinion - and remember it is my opinion .....

I do not, can not, believe in the " God " that somehow created the world/universe ....

if that guy exists, why would he allow all the pain and suffering? To teach us to be better? so, a newborn baby is given horrible, incurable, painful afflictions/disease/disfigurements/mental or physical problems ..... yeah, that will teach her!

We are allowed to drop nuclear bombs on each other, rape and murder. abuse each other, torture little children .....

look, this stuff has gone on for thousands of years, we haven't learned ANYTHING yet.

What do you mean we have not learned anything yet? That is a loaded statement. I find too much evidence to support God than to deny him

I understand where you're coming from. I could offer my thoughts on the Catholic faith but again I don't wish to here because someone might take offense when my intent is not to offend.

Let me just say this: There was a time when I thought just like you. I thought if there is God then why is the world such an awful place? Why doesn't he act upon our cries and acknowledge our suffering? But then I came to the realization that we all have free will. We can be who we want to be. We can even destroy ourselves or each other and we often times that is exactly what people choose to do. And I also realized when people are at their weakest and most vulnerable points they always turn to God whether they believe God is there or not. It's like a subconscious thing, it has to be because why would a person go against their own logic? And why do tribal people pray to a God? I don't know too much about history but I'm under the impression that as long as there have been people there has been the belief of God. Logic leads me to believe that it is instinctual. And I think it is perfectly healthy, if not the right thing to do to question God, what he represents and whether he's really there and what role religion plays in all this. I'll stop here and all of this is my opinion of course! :)

Here's a song that I think applies to this discussion here:

And thanks I like your name too Plantpothead! That's a funny play on words!

This is one of the reasons I believe that people in the past, our ancient ancestors, were visited, but not by "God ", by beings who they mistook as angels and gods.

Think about any bible story that you know - the virgin birth, Mary and Joseph following a "star " .......

And sadly there is probably no end in sight. The evil doings of the Taliban are as bad as the Nazi's were over half a century ago. We just have to hope that good will win over evil.

it's not just them.

What about your neighbour that abuses his kids. pimps and drug dealers. murderers . mass murderers. paedophiles .....

it's not just them.

What about your neighbour that abuses his kids. pimps and drug dealers. murderers . mass murderers. paedophiles .....

Try not to allow the sorry state of the human condition get you down, Slave. Try not to worry about what you can't control.

And sadly there is probably no end in sight. The evil doings of the Taliban are as bad as the Nazi's were over half a century ago. We just have to hope that good will win over evil.

How do you suggest that good wins over evil, I know, let's use those immortal words of wisdom. AN EYE FOR AN EYE, now there's a loving caring saying if ever there was one. What shall we do?? wipe out the Taliban??.Using of course in the words of your god, the same methods they use. Didn't this god also change water into wine???? What a marvellous thing that would be in this day and age!! No money for alchohol, no worries we can change water into wine.....What's that you say, hundreds of thousands of people die every year through alcohol???? No problem, there is a god available that can raise them from the dead!!!!!

ok I`m not asking anyone to follow my way of believing in GOD. each human being as the right to choice if the wish to believe in GOD or NOT... but belittling someone`s faith be twisting the bible to score points is low. what the Taliban are doing is wrong. just asking the widow of the solider whom was murdered on the streets of the U.K, what about the immortal words of wisdom " HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD WELL DIE BY THE SWORD" ... or you could also say one mans freedom fighter is an other mans terrorist, maybe you need to be tolerate to other point of views, be teetotal, as for poking fun at the raising the dead that is in very poor JUDGEMENT... as my wife`s father a WW2 vet is die of cancer... in some ways I now wish I`d not stated anything about me faith or out look on anything as it seem some are using it to take the piss out of it, you ever have or haven't gotten FAITH, nothing more nothing less... maybe if you could then tell whatever do you believe IN...

I do not belittle anyone for believing in any religion, yet I cop a constant barrage from believers telling me that what I believe in is rediculous! WTF?

Each to their own. However, I like to exchange views and talk about this subject. It is DEEP THINKING. :)

slave to zep, the belittle quote was not made to you I`m sorry others say what you believe is rediculous!. are wrong to do so which is what I said at the end of my post, I`m unsure what WTF? is... like you I to enjoy exchange points of views, but there are sadly ??????, some on the site whom seem to just like poke fun at the questions I`ve posted every chance they can.. please feel free to add your views every time you wish to. some of the topics I enjoy looking into all thinks like faith, circle of life, science , the afterlife , peace , history plus many other topics... I`ve also travelled around planet EARTH, U.S. A and Australia meet other people is a great pleasing adding to the trip`s... yes literature is a best friend to all human beings, :peace:

ok I`m not asking anyone to follow my way of believing in GOD. each human being as the right to choice if the wish to believe in GOD or NOT... but belittling someone`s faith be twisting the bible to score points is low. what the Taliban are doing is wrong. just asking the widow of the solider whom was murdered on the streets of the U.K, what about the immortal words of wisdom " HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD WELL DIE BY THE SWORD" ... or you could also say one mans freedom fighter is an other mans terrorist, maybe you need to be tolerate to other point of views, be teetotal, as for poking fun at the raising the dead that is in very poor JUDGEMENT... as my wife`s father a WW2 vet is die of cancer... in some ways I now wish I`d not stated anything about me faith or out look on anything as it seem some are using it to take the piss out of it, you ever have or haven't gotten FAITH, nothing more nothing less... maybe if you could then tell whatever do you believe IN...

Sorry geekfreak, but you are starting to take this as a personal affront, that is not what it is meant to be, as for taking the piss out of your faith that is NOT TRUE, I am taking the piss out of that rag called the holy bible. As STZ said. You bible bashers expect everyone to believe in GOD. Can you just answer me one question geekfreak....Please tell me if you have at ANY time in your life had some people knocking at your door telling you not to believe in god (whether it be Allah, Jehovah or Jesus), or anybody trying to sell you books about the wrongs of Christianity. I'll tell you a strange but true story I have been asked to purchase magazines about religion in BARS!!!!As you know in the UK we get all sorts knocking on our door Jehovas Witnesses, Mormons, Christians and people who just like knocking on doors, all have one thing in common. I'll give you an example of how I upset a Jehovas Witness, they knocked I answered, asked them to wait for a minute and produced my Blood Donors card, I have donated 38 pints of blood in my life,I asked them would I still be acceptable as a J.W. They muttered something about preserving the body intact, I tried to press them more, unfortunately I seem to have got them completely out of their depth, and they scurried down my path back under the stone they crawled out from. Never had the same problems with Athiests though, strange that don't you think. I am 59 years old and I have NEVER brought up the subject of religion on a night out, a lot of my family are devout Micks, and seem to revel in trying to convert me back to Catholicism.......Anyway I digress, don't take it to heart I am anti people that try to ram religion down my throat....and I still don't believe in god, ghosts or flying saucers...as I have said many times.... If I meet or see one I will be converted. Until then I'll just wend my way through life, putting up with the shit it throws at me on a daily basis (just like everybody else),unfortunately I have to do it on my own, I don't join my hands and whisper up to the sky, expecting some miracle to happen, that just isn't about to take place any time soon. You enjoy your life, pray to your god, but please don't expect everybody else to do the same. I consider myself to be a good Christian, I am a good person in general. As I believe are most people.

How do you suggest that good wins over evil, I know, let's use those immortal words of wisdom. AN EYE FOR AN EYE, now there's a loving caring saying if ever there was one. What shall we do?? wipe out the Taliban??.Using of course in the words of your god, the same methods they use. Didn't this god also change water into wine???? What a marvellous thing that would be in this day and age!! No money for alchohol, no worries we can change water into wine.....What's that you say, hundreds of thousands of people die every year through alcohol???? No problem, there is a god available that can raise them from the dead!!!!!

Your words here are that of a raving lunatic.

it's not just them.

There will always be evil in the world STZ. The devil's work is never done. Good usually has defeated evil in the end. Hitler and Bin Laden are both dead. Yes lives were lost doing it. There is no avoiding that. The world is a far more civil place than it once was.

There will always be evil in the world STZ. The devil's work is never done. Good usually has defeated evil in the end. Hitler and Bin Laden are both dead. Yes lives were lost doing it. There is no avoiding that. The world is a far more civil place than it once was.

Do you live in the same world that we do? A far more civil place??????? Where exactly is this place?