Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

Great. But let's not jump the gun...I doubt he'll be playing. More likely talking about the Berklee honour and the upcoming Zeppelin releases.

Isn't "I hope he brings his guitar" an automatic statement when you hear that Jimmy will make an appearance!? :)

And...knowing that Jimmy Fallon loves music and often gets his guests to perform with him, I'm thinking he may just be able to talk Jimmy into a song or two. You never know, it could happen!! Either way, it will be great to see Jimmy and hear what he has to say.

Is it me or have these re-releases turned into a jimmy page only exercise?

The three ex members turned out for celebration day, but barring the usual tongue in cheek comments from Planty

there has been nothing at all from the other two. Seems like we are really at the end of the road.

Any thoughts anyone

LOVE The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, so excited Pagey is gonna be on it! I'm sure The Roots will be playing Zeppelin all night, that will be a bonus treat! They played Misty Mountain Hop with Ann Wilson a month or so ago. It'll be interesting to see how "loosened up" Fallon can make Jimmy. Thanks for the info, I tape it nightly - but it's nice to know that I MUST watch Monday's show! :)

:peace:

Isn't "I hope he brings his guitar" an automatic statement when you hear that Jimmy will make an appearance!? :)

And...knowing that Jimmy Fallon loves music and often gets his guests to perform with him, I'm thinking he may just be able to talk Jimmy into a song or two. You never know, it could happen!! Either way, it will be great to see Jimmy and hear what he has to say.

It was automatic in the old days perhaps. These days he's more likely to have Ross Halfin in tow than a guitar.

But given how adept Fallon is at musical mimicry...have you seen his Neil Young or Jim Morrison impersonations?...one has to hope that maybe there'll be a Dueling Jimmys segment! Or maybe Fallon can do Robert Plant and have Jimmy accompany him, just as Fallon has the real Bruce Springsteen join him when he impersonates Neil Young?

Walter is right about one thing: ?uestlove will be busting out the Zeppelin all night long!

I hope someone from this forum gets in to see the show!! Strider, I love Fallon's parodies, the one with Mick Jagger in the mirror is great!

My vote is for Jimmy and Jimmy to do Black Dog!!! It is a fun song, and Fallon is very talented and can definitely pull off the vocals!! The audience would go WILD (as well as all of us watching from home)!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Am looking forward to this and who knows what Jimmy will get Jimmy to pull off! Glad JP chose this instead of Dave. Fallon's such a great music fan, which will certainly make it better and a great view!

Well, if it just Louis CK and Jimmy, it may very well be (and more than likely) that Jimmy Fallon will provide a significant portion of his show for Jimmy. The other shows during the week have 3+ guests.

This will be my first time tuning into the Tonight Show in a long time and the first time since Jimmy Fallon took over.

I am wondering what questions Fallon will ask. I'm hoping he leaves out questions about Zep touring parties excess and a reunion out.

I'm hoping he will ask questions where Page can tell some kind of story about the making of the music , maybe something about playing live in a favorite city, a particular touring year, or country, the music scene in the 60/70s , maybe something about Bonzo . Here's to Hoping.

Archived