Bron Yr Aur

Cofa

^^^ Unbelievable that some people have no respect. Turning up in the dead of night expecting a tour, what a nerve. Having a look from a distance is fine but knocking at the door, now that is completely out of order.

Thank you for posting this.

It amuses me that the reporter refers to the house as a "tiny cottage". I've stayed in a tiny British cottage before and that is much bigger than tiny.

I love it that they are still off the grid but using solar power. Good for them!

Playing devil's advocate here...while the intrusion of privacy on the part of some over zealous fans is annoying, the owners don't see to mind capitalizing on the fact that it is a LZ "monument".

Playing devil's advocate here...while the intrusion of privacy on the part of some over zealous fans is annoying, the owners don't see to mind capitalizing on the fact that it is a LZ "monument".

for free too! i went there last year, pretended i was lost but happened to find the cottage! the owner was obliging and asked us to sign her brand new visitors book!

post-8029-0-29933200-1399987247_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Snowdonia cottage made famous by Led Zeppelin opens its grounds to campers

13 Nov 2015 | By Daniel Bissett

JS61655847.jpg

Bron Yr Aur near Machynlleth is where Robert Plant and Jimmy Page wrote much of the rock band's seminal album Led Zepplin III

A small cottage in Snowdonia where a legendary rock band famously retreated to in 1970 is to offer exclusive retreats.

This is first time since Led Zeppelin famously reinvented themselves at Bron Yr Aur near Machynlleth that this offer has been possible.

Writers, poets, artists and anyone with a desire to escape their busy lives will be able to book two nights of luxury ‘glamping’ complete with sheepskin rugs, a comfortable double bed and lots of extras.

Champagne afternoon teas will be served and guests can choose from extras including a ‘pop up recording studio’, a unique experience as not even Led Zeppelin themselves got to record while at Bron Yr Aur.

The retreats availability will be very limited with only 28 days per year allowed due to strict Snowdonia National Park rules.

Residents and Bronyraur.com founder Scott Roe said: “During our successful Bron Yr Aur art project last year we had lots of people asking about being able to stay here and we thought long and hard about ways to make this happen.

“We only announced this on Tuesday in a discreet way and already we have bookings and interest from one surprising VIP.”

Link between Machynlleth cottage and Led Zeppelin to be celebrated in new exhibition

All guests have to abide by a “peaceful and quiet enjoyment” clause when booking and only acoustic music is allowed.

Last years art project inspired more then 50 new artistic works with people travelling from more then 15 countries to see what was on offer.

The cottage was used during the 1950s by the family of future-Led Zeppelin vocalist Robert Plant as a holiday home.

In 1970, Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page spent time there after a long and gruelling concert tour of North America.

Though the cottage had no running water or electricity, they used it as a retreat to write and record some of their third album, Led Zeppelin III.

“Even Zacron’s wife got in touch, it was amazing,” added Mr Roe.

Zacron is the legendary British artist who designed the Led Zeppelin III album cover.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-cottage-made-famous-led-10439012

• 2 months later...

On 11/13/2015 at 11:19 AM, sam_webmaster said:

Snowdonia cottage made famous by Led Zeppelin opens its grounds to campers

13 Nov 2015 | By Daniel Bissett

JS61655847.jpg

Bron Yr Aur near Machynlleth is where Robert Plant and Jimmy Page wrote much of the rock band's seminal album Led Zepplin III

A small cottage in Snowdonia where a legendary rock band famously retreated to in 1970 is to offer exclusive retreats.

This is first time since Led Zeppelin famously reinvented themselves at Bron Yr Aur near Machynlleth that this offer has been possible.

Writers, poets, artists and anyone with a desire to escape their busy lives will be able to book two nights of luxury ‘glamping’ complete with sheepskin rugs, a comfortable double bed and lots of extras.

Champagne afternoon teas will be served and guests can choose from extras including a ‘pop up recording studio’, a unique experience as not even Led Zeppelin themselves got to record while at Bron Yr Aur.

The retreats availability will be very limited with only 28 days per year allowed due to strict Snowdonia National Park rules.

Residents and Bronyraur.com founder Scott Roe said: “During our successful Bron Yr Aur art project last year we had lots of people asking about being able to stay here and we thought long and hard about ways to make this happen.

“We only announced this on Tuesday in a discreet way and already we have bookings and interest from one surprising VIP.”

Link between Machynlleth cottage and Led Zeppelin to be celebrated in new exhibition

All guests have to abide by a “peaceful and quiet enjoyment” clause when booking and only acoustic music is allowed.

Last years art project inspired more then 50 new artistic works with people travelling from more then 15 countries to see what was on offer.

The cottage was used during the 1950s by the family of future-Led Zeppelin vocalist Robert Plant as a holiday home.

In 1970, Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page spent time there after a long and gruelling concert tour of North America.

Though the cottage had no running water or electricity, they used it as a retreat to write and record some of their third album, Led Zeppelin III.

“Even Zacron’s wife got in touch, it was amazing,” added Mr Roe.

Zacron is the legendary British artist who designed the Led Zeppelin III album cover.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-cottage-made-famous-led-10439012

That is so cool! Thanks

• 5 months later...

I was fiddling around on google maps looking at old locations in the uk when a thought came across my mind. I asked myself "is a bron-yr-aur on here?" And sure enough it was. I clicked on it and it said Bron-Yr-Aur retreat. I flooded the link it had and came across a website where you can apparently stay at the cottage. Has anyone else ever come across this? Here are the links: 1. main site https://bronyraur.com 2. The page I originally found https://bronyraur.com/product/bron-yr-aur-retreat/

Archived