New to the forum....

jimjam

Well, hello everyone...

I tried to find a general topic for intoductions but there doesn't seem to be one.

So I've been a Led Zep fan for some time now, maybe a year or two, though more so these past few months. I'm coming up to 16, and I'm from England.

My other favourite band is Pink Floyd, and I read so many books that I lose count around April.

Nice to be here :)

Hey Jimjam!

I am more of a lurker here although I started up my first account in 07. Anyways, I got into Zeppelin when I was a tad younger than you! It was around 2005 where I really got into the band. i was around 13 or 14 and I was starting to get into all things rock n' roll, music, and guitar. A lot of bands were (and still are) important to me in that era but the most important was defiantly Zeppelin. Jimmy Page was why I really started getting into guitar and I just fell in love with the band. Everyone who gets into rock at that age goes through a "Zeppelin phase", and I was told it would ware off. Well, it didn't, and Zeppelin will always remain my all time favorite band! I love Floyd too, and anyways, welcome to the forum.

Cheers!

Welcome aboard the Zeppelin Physical Rocket Express jimjam!

Congratulations on discovering Led Zeppelin while still in your teens. Granted, Led Zeppelin's music is eternal and enjoyable at all ages but there is a certain pleasure, a frisson that one experiences when hearing Led Zeppelin during your teen years. The hormonal surge in the music combusts with the hormones running rampant through adolescence to create sonic explosions that mark one for life.

I'm curious to know which Led Zeppelin song first set you off?

Hey Jimjam!

I am more of a lurker here although I started up my first account in 07. Anyways, I got into Zeppelin when I was a tad younger than you! It was around 2005 where I really got into the band. i was around 13 or 14 and I was starting to get into all things rock n' roll, music, and guitar. A lot of bands were (and still are) important to me in that era but the most important was defiantly Zeppelin. Jimmy Page was why I really started getting into guitar and I just fell in love with the band. Everyone who gets into rock at that age goes through a "Zeppelin phase", and I was told it would ware off. Well, it didn't, and Zeppelin will always remain my all time favorite band! I love Floyd too, and anyways, welcome to the forum.

Cheers!

Hello, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I was told that my being into Zep, Floyd and also the Beatles would wear off... but alas, here I am still. It took me a while to really ''get'' Zep, though, for a long while I thought their music was a bit samey-samey. Glad I know better now!

Welcome aboard the Zeppelin Physical Rocket Express jimjam!

Congratulations on discovering Led Zeppelin while still in your teens. Granted, Led Zeppelin's music is eternal and enjoyable at all ages but there is a certain pleasure, a frisson that one experiences when hearing Led Zeppelin during your teen years. The hormonal surge in the music combusts with the hormones running rampant through adolescence to create sonic explosions that mark one for life.

I'm curious to know which Led Zeppelin song first set you off?

Hi there, thanks :)

I can't remember exactly. I think I must've known ''Stairway'' for a long time, without knowing who it was by. I have a feeling 'Going to California' was the first song I heard and thought ''I've gotta find out more about this band''. I remember I was listening to a lot of Joplin and Joan Baez around that time, so I think that may be it. Glad it happened, anyway.

I agree that music seems to really mean something to you when you're young, and that there's something particularly special about it at this time. I'm glad I've discovered ''good'' music now, while I can still experience the kind of thing you mention. I hate to think I may lose that connection one day.

yes its a very cool place, what other music do you listen too!

I'm quite open to most kinds, but Rock from the 60s/70s is definitely what I listen to mostly. Zep, of course, plus Floyd, Beatles and Eric Clapton's various groups. I'm at a nice stage where there's a lot I have listened to, and love, but there's still plenty of good stuff out there for me to dicover.

I think it's quite common for Zep fans to be into Heavy Metal groups, do you think? I'm not, really, except Black Sabbath from time to time.

I'm quite open to most kinds, but Rock from the 60s/70s is definitely what I listen to mostly. Zep, of course, plus Floyd, Beatles and Eric Clapton's various groups. I'm at a nice stage where there's a lot I have listened to, and love, but there's still plenty of good stuff out there for me to dicover.

I think it's quite common for Zep fans to be into Heavy Metal groups, do you think? I'm not, really, except Black Sabbath from time to time.

I think many Zep fans have a wide variety of musical tastes and interests, and hail from a wide variety of musical genres/backgrounds. Many Zep fans are big into classic rock -- others are into arena rock, prog-rock, or acoustic/folk -- and some are into heavy metal. Many heavy metal fans view Zep's music as being too non-aggressive, mellow and soft. As you know, Zep was never a heavy metal band. (The term "heavy art" would be a more apt description for Zep's "heavy" music.)

Jimjam, have you listened to Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, or Jimi Hendrix?

Yes for Joplin and Jimi, of course. Absolutely brilliant artists.

Joni Mitchell I can listen to for a while, but then her voice gets on my nerves a bit. I know she has a massive reputation, and rightly so, but I only listen to a few songs and then I'm done for another week or two.

good call Janis, Joni and Jimi. . . how about Peter Green`s Fleetwood Mac, Cream, Free too!.

Quote:

arrangement within ARMAGEDDON...

Not big on F Mac, to be honest. I've never quite got why people think they're so special. You a fan? Can you enlighten me?

Cream were fantastic, Disraeli Gears is a favourite of mine. I wish they'd gone on for longer.

Archived