jim6225

16 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Given Malofiy's professional reputation, I'm surprised that Michael Skidmore and the Randy California Trust hired him.  Was he the only attorney they could find who was willing to take on this lawsuit?

Probably, as it was such a weak case. Any lawyer in his right mind who isn't hearing impaired and not suffering from brain damage would not have taken this case about 2 seconds after listening to the 2 songs and seeing how dissimilar they are.

1 hour ago, Tea41 said:

Probably, as it was such a weak case. Any lawyer in his right mind who isn't hearing impaired and not suffering from brain damage would not have taken this case about 2 seconds after listening to the 2 songs and seeing how dissimilar they are.

Money talks. Many lawyers will take a weak case as long as their fees are paid.

6 hours ago, Balthazor said:

Last night I saw Billy Idol in concert, great show by the way, and during Steve Steven's guitar solo he played the opening of Stairway, at which point my friend said "oh, someone's getting sued now!" :)

If you like Steve Stevens Guitar work check out The Blacklight Syndrome with Tony Levin and Terry Bozzio

Although completely instrumental, it will blow you away. Unless you can't handle pieces over 4 minutes. 

Edited by juxtiphi

8 hours ago, Balthazor said:

Last night I saw Billy Idol in concert, great show by the way, and during Steve Steven's guitar solo he played the opening of Stairway, at which point my friend said "oh, someone's getting sued now!" :)

And what your friend was not even thinking about about saying "oh look, it's Taurus". ;) 

Yeah, there's no way Spirit could have won that case, opening a giant Pandora's box. Even though someone on this

site said in this type of trial no precedents would be set. If that was law, I don't care, how could Spirit winning not 

have a huge ripple effect ?? Thank God the Zeppers won.

13 hours ago, juxtiphi said:

If you like Steve Stevens Guitar work check out The Blacklight Syndrome with Tony Levin and Terry Bozzio

Although completely instrumental, it will blow you away. Unless you can't handle pieces over 4 minutes. 

I will have to check that out, I love SS work and have seen him with Billy a few times. They are two great live performers, very warm & friendly, and very accomplished.

Thanks for the tip sir.

On 6/30/2016 at 6:26 PM, luvlz2 said:

Lawyer Who Sued Led Zeppelin Suspended From Practicing Law

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/lawyer-who-sued-led-zeppelin-907780

Karmic retribution. You don't mess with Jimmy Page.

Consider that Jimmy is walking around looking healthy as ever, while Kenneth Anger is a broken down gnome who smells like piss and falls asleep over his breakfast.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Kenneth Anger is a broken down gnome who smells like piss and falls asleep over his breakfast.

this comment is worthless without a picture! :D

Edited by juxtiphi

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Consider that Jimmy is walking around looking healthy as ever, while Kenneth Anger is a broken down gnome who smells like piss and falls asleep over his breakfast.

I was really surprised recently to find out that Kenneth Anger is still a live. 89 years old.

I don't feel like starting a new topic but I knew this would happen.    Page & Plant get drug across the globe to attend some stupid court while Plant has to cancel dates..etc.  

NEWS: Led Zeppelin is asking for up to $800,000 in fees from the losing party in the “Stairway To Heaven” trial

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-chappell-demands-800k-fees-909270

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes and TBH I never saw that coming. Jimmy has been off and on fit since he got clean in 84' or thereabouts but he never really looked great again until he went natural with his hair. Ever since then he has looked really fantastic, the picture of health and vitality and has not looked this good since 73-75'. Can't speak about that Manson groupie Anger but Page, wow, looks like he could live another 30 years while most of his contemporaries barring Jagger look like shit with few exceptions. Sure, Richards & Tyler survived but both look like the Crypt Keeper Brother & Sister squad.

7 hours ago, IpMan said:

Yes and TBH I never saw that coming. Jimmy has been off and on fit since he got clean in 84' or thereabouts but he never really looked great again until he went natural with his hair. Ever since then he has looked really fantastic, the picture of health and vitality and has not looked this good since 73-75'. Can't speak about that Manson groupie Anger but Page, wow, looks like he could live another 30 years while most of his contemporaries barring Jagger look like shit with few exceptions. Sure, Richards & Tyler survived but both look like the Crypt Keeper Brother & Sister squad.

Page looks great now by any standards, but it's particularly amazing considering the horrid mess he was in the late 70's/early 80's.

9 hours ago, IpMan said:

Can't speak about that Manson groupie Anger but Page, wow, looks like he could live another 30 years while most of his contemporaries barring Jagger look like shit with few exceptions. Sure, Richards & Tyler survived but both look like the Crypt Keeper Brother & Sister squad.

Hey, Bobby was Kenneth Anger's Lucifer well before Bobby became Manson's pal. Biggest mistake Bobby Beausoleil ever made was ditching Kenneth Anger, and no doubt that goes through his head every day he's looking at another lousy tray of San Quentin cuisine.  Just sayin'.

Great to hear that Jimmy's counter-suing over this frivolous lawsuit.  The damage to his reputation through all this was immense, and there's so much bullshit out in the world now because of it, right down to the "Stairway" written at Bron-yr-aur misinformation that all started in Malofiy's ridiculously flawed brief.  It was just a big ball of shit that kept spinning around in the web-o-sphere for months, most of it aimed at the guitar player who is the greatest composer of his generation.  

So things like this aren't supposed to happen - some judge at some point in the legal system usually puts a stop to frivolous lawsuits brought by ethically vacant lawyers, but not in this case.  Don't know how successful the counter-suit might be, but  Jimmy should make every effort in the aftermath to at least get some headlines spinning his way. 

Jimmy certainly should counter-sue, but as far as his reputation damaged, not that sure. MANY people know that the

jury had a quick verdict, and that the buffoonery from the plaintiffs will probably eventually end up in shows showing

the 10 largest ridiculous lawsuits in US history. Good that many see the youthful spark in Jimmy's eyes, he looks old

in some ways, but he walks and moves like someone much younger. Hopefully some music will come out of that.

New Robert Plant interview translated with Google from Spanish publication

Robert Plant: "Demand for plagiarism was an incredible waste of time"

Even in shorts it looks like a gentleman. Robert Plant arrives with The New York Times in hand and without a trace of hangover after the brutal actions of the previous night. 10.30 am and awake, as evidenced by his eyes that haunt every woman who moves through the pool of your hotel in Cascais. Robert Plant (1948, England) feels a survivor of an era in which the probable, in its profession, he was cracking. At nearly 68 years in August- meets-the singer and lyricist of the group Led Zeppelin (1968-1980) is on the road at your pace. Since the segregation of Led Zeppelin, he has worked with guitarist own group, Jimmy Page (1994-1998), with country singer Alison Krauss (2007-08) and with various bands. Since 2012 Sensational Space Shifters accompanies him with whom acts on Thursday 14 July in Madrid in programming d and Botanical Nights , "colliding" the hard sound of his legendary group with African music and Mississippi.

Question. A rock star wakes up at 10 am!
Answer. Actually times are changing. Modern heroes must always active. If you want to keep working on these days in the music suffers many changes, many innovations have to be awake, very careful, and you have to love this world. It's not like in the 70s in Los Angeles, at all.

Q. The time of his great success with Led Zeppelin?
A. Yes, but also with dramatic experiences. I had a very serious car accident; I lost a son five years ... I was not hung in Wonderland; I do not think you can hide from reality .. But suddenly you're more aware of your talent, what you can do and what not. I realized I could not be just a singer, it had to be something else to challenge me to myself. I do not expect anyone to do it for me.

Q. Your voice, repeatedly selected as one of the best in the history of rock, remains intact. Do not tell me that honey taken before bedtime?
A. Of course. Honey, lemon and ginger every night. But I have a group that leaves me room to express myself and I leave them space to grow, so I can visit old songs and change from top to bottom. They are still amazing, but appear from a different angle, from another energy, and that makes it sing with this dynamism. When you get to a certain point in your life, you have to make sense of what you say. And you have to know it again with the same energy always you have to be credible. You have to catch people.

P. Sixteen performances in eight countries in July alone. Too much for your body?
A. No, this is an easy tour. This is not the work of a hero, is the work of a pragmatist. If you take too long between a show and another, you lose motivation, rhythm, rush the proceedings. This is a quiet tour, but of course I am not a young man and I appreciate that.

Q. The current format of the festivals differs greatly from the unique performance for their fans. Is it more difficult to connect with the audience?
A. It is true that there are so many festivals where mixed groups, people often do not know that music. You have to understand who you ahead. You're like a magician who brings elements have on stage. Sensational Space Shifters with each playing his role.

Q. Among the hard rock of Led Zeppelin and the sensitivity of Alice Krauss Raising Sand with several worlds. How you get to that transformation?

A. One day my sons told me: "Hey, Dad, you come to Ibiza?" And I said to them: "No, I'm going to Louisiana." My obsession is to find traces of the history of American music, Cajun music, type Bon Ton Roula, the last shadows of the black blues extraordinary that was done in the 40s and 50s, Carl Perkins, music of the Appalachian Mountains, and unite it with more contemporary sounds. You have a kind of keyboards Massive Attack and a guy playing a violin of one rope. Get a collision, you're not mixing pretty music that shit, it's an incredible collision.

Q. What is your English side?
A. When I went to America, I drank that cup of Afro - American music, turned and left the English side, poor, old and exhausted England, with all its sins and follies. I left the afternoon tea, football and returned to launch this project with Sensational where mix everything.

Q. A big jump in any case ...
A. Listen, I can do very different things and I can work anywhere in the world. You can not bring Alice Krauss to a massive festival and violin playing music, it would be dangerous. This is pure energy; but we work very well together. I like to sing with women.

Every artist P. struggle between two opposing forces: keep doing what they ask their fans or venture into the unknown. How does it?
A. It is true. First of all is creativity; self-satisfaction is number one; the public is just a voyeur. You can look and stay with what you see or you can leave. An artist has to be honest, and powerful and you have to mix. I know, and it's very sad, many famous people telling me "Robert, you can do it, you're free. '" And it's true.

Q. It was always free?
A. I have been free for the last 36 years [in 1980 seceded from Led Zeppelin], when I started to set my own rules.

Q. Years ago he was a check for 200 million dollars to tour with Led Zeppelin and resigned; however he does not deny sing songs from his old group.
A. Of course, I did a good job in Led Zeppelin. I am Led Zeppelin, have sung, have written their letters ...

Q. A few weeks ago, he was acquitted of plagiarism by the iconic Stairway to Heaven ...
A: It was crazy, insane, incredible waste of time. There are twelve fundamental notes in Western music, and you do to move them. We should not have reached the courts, but it was our song. I talked to Jimmy [Page, co-author of the song] and said, "Let's for them." If you do not defend your rights what are you going to do? You never imagine that this is going to happen. You sit on one side of the hill, towards the mountains, write music and after 45 years away with this. OMG!

Q. How does Internet, piracy ...?
A. I do not care about piracy. It is part of what is making everything. I love the unknown and the Internet helps because you find things you will not hear on the radio or in the international media; dark, very nice, which you are going to not write because it is underground, and there began Led Zeppelin music. Piracy is not the end of the world.

Q. But they do not pay?
R. Hehehe, I have already been paid. my pay is now feel good about what I do. Certainly for me, it's easy to say.

http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2016/07/11/actualidad/1468256291_917851.html

Edited by zeplz71

On 7/9/2016 at 0:26 AM, Strider said:

Jimmy looks dynamite! :D