jim6225

So I guess we should just throw out our trial by jury system? I mean it relies on ordinary people to make sense of complicated legal arguments. I guess the US Constitution is crap then.

I am continually amazed by these type of comments and why they are allowed here.

I agree -- these types of comments are uncalled for. I've known paralegals who were extraordinarily knowledgable about the law.

And surrounded as I am by a family of Harry Potter fans, I can't help abbreviating this guy's name to Malfoy.

My gawd - what a fantastic line. May I quote you?

Photoshop Homework for anyone out there who's good at it (I'm not) - would love to see an image of JP winning a wand duel against Draco Malfoy.... :duel:

You have come up with another brilliant idea! I'm going to play with that one. Will post here if/when I create it.

I saw somewhere in Net land that a cease and desist on 4 remaster is coming...does anyone know if thats a fact or even a possibility...all the stuff they nicked for real and this phony lawsuit happens- I just dont hear the plagiarism but I am not a trained musician...

Edited by ksgemini

I'd imagine that a jury would not be helpful: they would surely be more susceptible to this idiot's theatrics and less able to handle complex copyright arguments...

But there is every reason to think that Zep's lawyers have it all in hand and will wipe the floor with this whole case. Bring it on.

And surrounded as I am by a family of Harry Potter fans, I can't help abbreviating this guy's name to Malfoy. :witch:

Excellent point on the demand for a jury trial - further reinforces the lawyer's reliance on dramatic and unsubstantitated claims as opposed to persuasive and factual evidence. The legal document is striking in its subjective claims and incorrect information.

I had the exact same thought about Harry Potter's Malfoy - almost too good to be true considering the "wizard" at the heart of the matter.

Check this out - the Spirit attorney, "Draco Malfoy" really looks the part! Unbelievable - you couldn't make this sh*t up.

10363997_476990759098922_920843467206562

Edited by lif

I'd imagine that a jury would not be helpful: they would surely be more susceptible to this idiot's theatrics and less able to handle complex copyright arguments...

In the Marino v Usher lawsuit, the judge wrote: "Throughout this copyright litigation, Plaintiff’s Counsel, Francis Malofiy, has behaved in a flagrantly unprofessional and offensive manner. Seventeen of the twenty Defendants in this action have moved for the imposition of sanctions against Mr. Malofiy. I decline to impose sanctions for Malofiy’s abusive, disruptive discovery conduct, serious though that is. Rather, I will impose sanctions because Malofiy: (1) inveigled an inculpatory affidavit from unrepresented Defendant William Guice; and (2) after falsely assuring Guice that he was only a witness, entered a default against him."

In other words, Draco Malfoy irritated the judge and tried to sneak stuff by the court. There's no reason to think he'll do any better this time round. That's why I say I believe Draco Malfoy doesn't really care if he wins, just that he gets paid a lot and gets lots of attention doing so, and why I hope that LZ's attorneys don't settle out of court. I believe Malfoy has made a big mistake. You know that Slytherins can only win duels in the short run, not the big battle.

I thought about trying to write a parody of the lawsuit and submitting it to The New Yorker magazine. Then I realized it parodies itself:

1. Randy California had to be a genius because Jimi Hendrix discovered him.

2. Led Zeppelin should be punished for "falsifying" the "history of rock and roll."

3. "Exemplary" damages should be awarded to keep other nefarious rock and roll thieves from doing same.

4. Spirt was a ground-breaking band that invented psychedelia.

5. The Led Zeppelin font can be stolen because tit-for-tat is a good way to get your point across.

6. As others have pointed out, apparently the lawyer for the plaintiff is a character from a children's novel.

So I guess we should just throw out our trial by jury system? I mean it relies on ordinary people to make sense of complicated legal arguments. I guess the US Constitution is crap then.

I am continually amazed by these type of comments and why they are allowed here.

No not at all. I don't think you actually comprehended my criticism. The user was offering an uneducated and unsubstantiated legal opinion of the known facts that form basis of the complaint. Strange thing to mention the Constitution in one sentence and the very next call for the infringement of its very first amendment. Who says we Americans have no sense of irony?

Edited by hitchslap

Hi lif - thanks for your comments .. and his advertising poster is an awesome discovery... but what an appalling man. Hope they are bringing in all their big guns and channelling the spirit of Peter Grant.

Oh if Peter Grant were alive to see this travesty...

Hi lif - thanks for your comments .. and his advertising poster is an awesome discovery... but what an appalling man.

Hope they are bringing in all their big guns and channelling the spirit of Peter Grant.

I love your comments - they make me laugh quite often. "Channeling the spirit of Peter Grant"! Can you imagine the mayhem?

the Doors pay British royalties to Ray Davies due to Hello..I love you sounding all to similar to All day and all of the night, but that DOES sound similar, yes STH intro sounds like Taurus but fuck sake, there's another 8 minutes of music after that, none of which has a Spirit vibe

the Doors pay British royalties to Ray Davies due to Hello..I love you sounding all to similar to All day and all of the night, but that DOES sound similar, yes STH intro sounds like Taurus but fuck sake, there's another 8 minutes of music after that, none of which has a Spirit vibe

i did not know that about the doors and the kinks but that sounds ludicrous... interesting and informative though...