The Forum has a SEARCH Function -- Please use it ...

The Rover

This Official Led Zeppelin Forum has a SEARCH function. It's right up there at the top the page, between the Help and the Members Options.

Please use the SEARCH function to see if a topic has been started already, on the very topic you would like to speak on. If someone else has already started the topic, then feel free to add to it. You don't have to start a duplicate topic... there's no glory in that.... only Perpetual Shame.... JK

To Search by the Thread TOPIC, select that option in the SEARCH WHERE Box, with the Advanced Search. Searching by Thread TOPIC is an easier way to see if someone has already started a thread than using the default "Search entire post".

Here's a link to the Advanced Search:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...ode=adv&f=0

Like anything, if the thread topic is misspelled by you or someone else, then that complicates a good thread topic search. ***** It's best to not use any punctuation next to any key words in your thread title, ie instead of typing "TSRTS"..... type TSRTS or, type " TSRTS ". And, instead of typing Lions, Tigers, and Bears you could type Lions , Tigers , and Bears

When You enter your KEYWORD to search, here are some helps:

Search Words Used ~~ The Function Will:

apple banana ~~ Find posts that contain at least one of these words

+apple +juice ~~ Find posts with both words

+apple -juice ~~ Find posts with 'apple' but not 'juice'

apple* ~~ Find posts with 'apple' and/or 'applesauce'

"Some Words" ~~ Find posts with the phrase 'some words of wisdom', 'some words' but not 'some noise words'

Please use the SEARCH function to see if a topic has been started already, on the very topic you would like to speak on. If someone else has already started the topic, then feel free to add to it. You don't have to start a duplicate topic... there's no glory in that.... only Perpetual Shame.... JK

Whatever you say, Mister Cranky Pants. :coffee:

Ah well, some will use it, more will not... at least if we go by history. How many thousand views did the stickied one have that was written by one of the mods.

If this one is like the old one we had with IPB, it'll be a lot more useful than the last one. So, YAY!!!!

Anyway, thanks Rover... it needed to be done. B)

I think we now know what Rover's pet peeve is.

:D

Yay for the search function!! cheer.gif

Actually, my pet peeve is when anyone misspells "Led Zeppelin" in any thread title on this Led Zeppelin board.... <_<

Funny thing is... I do not think a thread starter can change the spelling in the thread title once it has been posted.

BTY.... I've added this bit of information:

***** It's best to not use any punctuation right next to any key words in your thread title, ie instead of typing "TSRTS"..... type TSRTS or, type " TSRTS ". And, instead of typing Lions, Tigers, and Bears you could type Lions , Tigers , and Bears

AND, if you put the "Keyword(s)" of your thread title in the "TOPIC DESCRIPTION" field, that won't come up with a "Search Titles Only" Search. Better to put the Keyword(s) od your thread title in the "TOPIC TITLE" field.

There's only so much second guessing that even I am willing to perform..

Archived