24/96 remasters?

The hi-res tracks will be available through HDTracks and the Super Deluxe box sets. The remastered albums will be released on June 2.

By the way, there's this cool place called the "Internet". You could probably find more over there.

I am a vinyl collector.....which reminds me, I have to get my vinyl out of storage as I recently relocated -- I would be very sad if they melt! My newest find is The Yardbirds "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago," however, it is not in storage....

• 2 weeks later...

It seems HD Tracks is a fairly reputable dealer, and this may sound strange to some... but how reputable are they? (obviously I've never dealt with them myself, so I'm being overly cautious here... money not growing on trees as it is ;) ) I mean any negative feedback from around here in dealing with them?

I'mma go trudge the interwebs for more info in the mean time as I've got a few days to kill before I can purchase these beauts.

There's been a few issues regarding what source material they have used in the past (up-converting sources and such - either by them or the record companies), but my experience with them has been absolutely fine. I've bought everything from Aerosmith to Van Halen from them. Always got what I purchased, no technical issues.

Since we know for sure that the Led Zeppelin releases come from the source 24/192 files transferred from the reels, there's no issues.

HDtracks isn't the issue -- the labels are the duplicitous ones. A lot of the time, the labels give the files to HDtracks without any information re: mastering, source tapes, etc. Some labels (the Atlantic and Blue Note stuff, for example) seem better than others.

I was a little disappointed that the albums downloaded as three unzipped folders with the main and companion disks bundled together. I went ahead and split up the albums according to their respective discs and re-tagged all the files. It wasn't a monumental problem or anything but it would have been unnecessary if the discs had been separate downloads. I don't download much music so I'm not sure what method is customary.

The HD versions do sound great and I guess that's what matters in the end.

Thanks, will be getting them Friday. I'm curious though, again, when you get the official super deluxe set, where's the downloads coming from HDtracks.com? Appologies for being so forward with this, I'm just trying to make sure I get them from the same place every body else is :) .

I was a little disappointed that the albums downloaded as three unzipped folders with the main and companion disks bundled together. I went ahead and split up the albums according to their respective discs and re-tagged all the files. It wasn't a monumental problem or anything but it would have been unnecessary if the discs had been separate downloads. I don't download much music so I'm not sure what method is customary.

The HD versions do sound great and I guess that's what matters in the end.

That seems fairly common to me -- the digital nature of the files eliminates any real need to split them up by disc.

I have the hi-res files stored on the hard drive of a wireless music server. Since the files can be categorized according to album with appropriate art work and search options, it's more convenient if they're grouped by disc. As I said, it's not a big deal, just a little more time consuming to do it manually. The files were not appropriately tagged either. Again, I don't know if this problem is commonplace with downloads.

I downloaded the HD audio (LZII) and saw they are FLAC files!! Never seen or heard of this file extension & now i am stuck with , which i think killer audio , and cant play it.

Any help, suggestions will be highly appreciative, thank you

I downloaded the HD audio (LZII) and saw they are FLAC files!! Never seen or heard of this file extension & now i am stuck with , which i think killer audio , and cant play it.

Any help, suggestions will be highly appreciative, thank you

Are you using a Mac or Windows machine? On the Mac, you can get the free app XLD which will convert the FLACs to whatever you want - I would say AIFF or Apple Lossless would be your best choice. On Windows there are similar programs - in fact, I'm sure Fubar2000 will do it.

VLC is also a good one for those. or you can burn them to DVDs for playback on a DVD-A player?

with the VLC player, will I be able to burn to DVD so I can get to listen to these files on my stereo?

On the subject of player apps for Android, my experience is that neither the stock music player nor the popular N7 player are able to process the 24/96 high res music on a powerful Nexus quad core tablet. There is significant lag and clipping.

For a great listening experience, I have found that Neutron is the best player. Works flawlessly and according to the app description, it is targeted more toward the audiophile. App is worth the $5 and you can try it for free.

http://neutronmp.com/

FWIW,

You will need to download a music player that is FLAC compatible. I use foobar2000

This is the one I've used quite often for my live Zeppelin recordings until I transfer them to iTunes to see how they came out in the download.

Any reason why all the posting is taking so long tonight? Is there a problem with the server? Not experiencing this on other sites.

VLC doesn't burn, for that you want nero or something. VLC is a media player only as far as I know. But it is also the best media player out there, with the most customization available. Not to mention it plays flac files natively, so no plugins to download or anything like that. I don't know of a media type that VLC can't play heh.

hello again

discovered a couple things yesterday while i was figuring out this FLAC business and this is what happened

FLAC can be played in Media Player Classic on the pc but you cant burn it to a DVD

My friend has this device called Western Digital Live TV , connects HDMI to receiver etc. Anyhoo , i sent him a copy of LZII HD audio thru google drive, he downloaded the files and boom , in glorious 94khz/24bit !!!

What i understand about this WD device, it has a massive hard drive.

as for my issue, its pointless to listen on a computer when I want to hear this HD audio on my stereo system (5.1 etc) via DVD

Thanks for your time :)

hello again

discovered a couple things yesterday while i was figuring out this FLAC business and this is what happened

FLAC can be played in Media Player Classic on the pc but you cant burn it to a DVD

My friend has this device called Western Digital Live TV , connects HDMI to receiver etc. Anyhoo , i sent him a copy of LZII HD audio thru google drive, he downloaded the files and boom , in glorious 94khz/24bit !!!

What i understand about this WD device, it has a massive hard drive.

as for my issue, its pointless to listen on a computer when I want to hear this HD audio on my stereo system (5.1 etc) via DVD

Thanks for your time :)

heres a link to that WD device mentioned above ..........

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Hub-Media-Center-Model/dp/B004GK0GKO

Archived