REMASTERED LED ZEPPELIN I: Post Your Reactions/Reviews Here

Strider

Listening to the Paris concert at the moment. Haven't given the album a listen yet, but I will tonight with my Shure SRH440s.

Here are some unboxing photos of LZ1. Taken with my Nexus 5, so photo quality may not be that great.

post-18855-0-41511700-1401835140_thumb.j

This was a promo poster thrown in by the record store. Put it up next to my CD promo poster on my wall.

post-18855-0-16044600-1401835144_thumb.j

The box.

post-18855-0-02421500-1401835147_thumb.j

It's my book in a box.

No reading material apart from the newspaper clippings pictured inside, as far as I know. Haven't had the time to read through all of it.

post-18855-0-57128700-1401835150_thumb.j

The press release.

post-18855-0-82041100-1401835153_thumb.j

Fuckin' awesome. Everything looks so official and business-like.

post-18855-0-30470500-1401835157_thumb.j

That's the front and back of the folder.

post-18855-0-54744800-1401835160_thumb.j

Here are the LPs. Was expecting a gatefold cover for the companion audio, but it was just a single sleeve for both LPs.

post-18855-0-78974200-1401835163_thumb.j

There's the back of them.

post-18855-0-96533700-1401835166_thumb.j

Here's the album art prints. The smaller alternate art did not come with the set, that was a bonus record store promo.

post-18855-0-42403600-1401835170_thumb.j

No. 16,475. I can't tell you how happy I am that it isn't a weird prime number or some shit like that.

Post #2 incoming

post-18855-0-04632100-1401839625_thumb.j

post-18855-0-13807900-1401839628_thumb.j

post-18855-0-35905200-1401839631_thumb.j

post-18855-0-65099400-1401839634_thumb.j

Here are the CDs.

post-18855-0-70806400-1401839637_thumb.j

Here's what the inside looks like.

post-18855-0-41748200-1401839641_thumb.j

Got the companion disc playing in the background of all this unboxing.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the box set. I'm glad they didn't include gimmicky marbles and scarves like the Floyd Immersion sets did. If there's one thing I'm disappointed about, it's that they didn't have the LP labels like the original plum-coloured Atlantic ones.

Might be getting the next two within the week.

Now to listen to the album! :thumbsup:

Short and to the point

Deluxe edition. 24389/30000

Great presentation, awesome production of the original Zeppelin I

Was not as pleased with the flow of the Paris concert when compared to the bootleg, but still very enjoyable.

Well worth the wait!

Hello, new to the forum, big fan. bought deluxe led zep I from amazon USA and it seems the left and right channels of the disc are reversed compared to my 1994 US remastered album (not box set) and compared to the japanese SHM mini album replica box set.

sound good, just BACKWARDS???

Thanks for not flaming me and NO I'M NOT A TROLL...

Hello, new to the forum, big fan. bought deluxe led zep I from amazon USA and it seems the left and right channels of the disc are reversed compared to my 1994 US remastered album (not box set) and compared to the japanese SHM mini album replica box set.

sound good, just BACKWARDS???

Thanks for not flaming me and NO I'M NOT A TROLL...

I noticed that as well, I think it was intentional. I like it because it makes the tracks sound more fresh and I believe they also improved the stereo separation.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152745.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152810.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152819.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152830.jpg

Here are the CDs.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152854.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied with the box set. I'm glad they didn't include gimmicky marbles and scarves like the Floyd Immersion sets did. If there's one thing I'm disappointed about, it's that they didn't have the LP labels like the original plum-coloured Atlantic ones.

Very cool! I'm content with just CDs (and probably digital downloads in the near future), so I've ordered the CD deluxe editions.

But - I've gotta say, I'm really envious of the upgraded CD packaging in the Super Deluxe - each CD in its own sleeve, plus those cool protective inner white "mini-LP" sleeves.

Hi got to agree with the plum labels comment aesthetically

the green and orange are second rate.Also the uptight and outta sight

script is missing from the rear cover.If you are going to go

to all the trouble James has with these releases it should be 100%

correct.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152745.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152810.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152819.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152830.jpg

Here are the CDs.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_152854.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140603_153016.jpg

Got the companion disc playing in the background of all this unboxing.

Just finished listening to both the album and the Paris show. I'll wait until I do some more listening and some A-B comparisons before expounding at length. But for now, I will say that I'm impressed with the sound.

My Super Deluxe Box is number 3,950. One odd bit...the Paris show runs in the proper sequence on the cd, yet is out of order on the vinyl. Some odd edits in the show, too.

Got a jolt of surprise when looking thru the booklet...on page 9, there's a photo from the June '69 Proms show at Royal Albert Hall that shows TWO HORN PLAYERS playing on stage with Zeppelin! Huh?!? Maybe I am late to the party and I missed this bit of info but who are these guys and what song are they playing?

I bought the deluxe sets for $14.99 at Best Buy. I had the super deluxe sets in my hands, but just couldn't do it. It wasn't the money.....I'm not the type of guy that is good at keeping things pristine.

Got a jolt of surprise when looking thru the booklet...on page 9, there's a photo from the June '69 Proms show at Royal Albert Hall that shows TWO HORN PLAYERS playing on stage with Zeppelin! Huh?!? Maybe I am late to the party and I missed this bit of info but who are these guys and what song are they playing?

This is the second pic in the deluxe booklet also....and caught my eye immediately.

Totally enjoy the Paris Show except for Heartbreaker. The end rave-up is muddy as hell, but I imagine there's not much they could do about that.

The studio stuff is awesome ! The wider separation is quite noticable. BIGLY shines ! Really enjoy hearing Jimmy's strings at the end, and Robert holding that sustained high note throughout. Better bass, better loudness....great job JImmy, and well worth the money.

One of the horn players looks like Bobby Keys and since the Rolling Stones were playing Hyde Park around that time, it is feasible he would be there. It was such a rarity for Led Zeppelin to have other people join them on stageso that photo was quite a surprise.

The new remaster is an improvement over the last one, in HMMT I'm hearing some faint guitar towards the end in the right channel that I'd not noticed before.

One of the horn players looks like Bobby Keys and since the Rolling Stones were playing Hyde Park around that time, it is feasible he would be there. It was such a rarity for Led Zeppelin to have other people join them on stageso that photo was quite a surprise.

2 shows - 5:30pm and 8:30pm

Press Review: Led Zeppelin took flight to score a massive personal triumph when they closed Sunday’s first nightamid incredible scenes and gave thePop Proms the kind of start the organizers would have been brave to dream of.

At the end of Zeppelin’s excellent set, with an encore, it was after 11pm, the house lights had gone up and a quarter of the near capacity crowd audience had filed out.

Those that remained clustered to the foot of the flower bedecked stage and first came the clapping, then a prolonged bout of foot stomping flowed by thunderous cries for more until the whole cycle began over again and continued for several minutes, some of the crowd who had left poured back into the auditorium to see what all the fuss was about.

It was obvious they weren’t going home till they got more but when the group returned to the stage, they found the power had been switched off. “Hey, put the power on”, demanded singer Robert Plant as the group stood bewildered. Stalemate, Plant took up a harmonica and let fly on that and all the others could do was clap until a few minutes later the flow of juice was resumed.

With the first few bars of Long Tall Sally, the audience was on its feet dancing in the aisles and in the boxes and there was incredible mayhemhappening on and around the stage.

The saxists from Blodwyn Pig and Liverpool Scene added their support in to the Zeppelin’s rock and the air around the stage became thick with paper aeroplanes (symbolically) thrown from the boxes along with a tickertape reception of handbills and balloons and petals of the flowers from the foot of the stage.

The Zeppelin truly deserved the acclaim – it is boggling that in a matter of months they have achieved such a high degree of musicianship and become one of the biggest crowd pullers around.

Concentrated touring has given them an extra edge in every department and with drummer John Bonham and bassist John Paul Jones laying a solid rearguard the frontal dialogue between Page and Plant has developed to a startling and stimulating extent.

In one way, they appear to be fighting each other for dominance, in another they become as one but in the final analysis they serve to haul each other onto greater and greater heights. Plant, with shoulder length blond curls, employs his voice as a fourth instrument. Page, a contrast with shoulder length black hair, evens the score by using his instrument as an extra voice. The result at low key is fascinating; at its high devastating.

Sticking mainly to tracks from their best selling debut album, I Can’t Quit You Baby, Communication Breakdown, You Shook Me, How Many More Times and Dazed and Confused were highlights, the latter fast becoming a pop phenomenon with Page attacking his guitar, sometimes using a bow, with ferocious intent and Plant torturing his vocal chords like a man intent on self destruction. (NME, July ’69)

The saxists from Blodwyn Pig and Liverpool Scene added their support in to the Zeppelin’s rock and the air around the stage became thick with paper aeroplanes (symbolically) thrown from the boxes along with a tickertape reception of handbills and balloons and petals of the flowers from the foot of the stage.

Here's another photo:

LZ+Pop+Proms+69.jpg

With the live material, obviously the energy is unbelievable. Without being familiar with the bootleg, I think I'm hearing this tape be tweaked here and there, as if the music is being illustrated, it's interesting for sure. Cool venue sound apparent on white summer and moby dick. A ton of raw energy on this one, totally different vibe than the companion cds on 2 and 3.

The best part about NOT having your pre-order complete (not enough Zep I Deluxes) finding it at the Local Record Shop and getting a bag of Free Zeppelin Swag! As for a Zeppelin I Vinyl Review, I can hear it calling me the way it used to - it feels good to have you back again... I'm still Meditating on it and enjoying every sublime second.

Anyone gotten the HD downloads and given them a good go yet?

Listened to it today, sounds great! Everything sounds so much more "transparent". John's toms are so much clearer and there's a lot more bass. The acoustic guitars sound better too. I had never noticed that the guitar solo on You Shook Me is really TWO guitars. But it was Dazed that just blew me away!

At least you get to listen to yours all 3 super deluxe sets arrived

damaged from amazon (to be fair they are rectifying immediately)

Courier must have played football with the box. A Sabs fan presumably?

Vinyl damaged , corners of boxes bent, ltd art print damaged!

Takes some of the shine off!

Further to this post my replacement set arrived from Amazon

the paperwork falls out through the hole in the bottom of the box as he is

delivering!Boxes are as damaged as first set! Reject the delivery.

Have now given up and demanded a full refund from Amazon.

Ordered the deluxe vinyl instead from an independent.

All three arrived double boxed and bubble wrapped

Perfect! Will start investigating LZ1 Tonight.

Have fallen out of love with the Super deluxe

Will probably regret it later but at the moment irritated

beyond belief with Amazon.

The best part about NOT having your pre-order complete (not enough Zep I Deluxes) finding it at the Local Record Shop and getting a bag of Free Zeppelin Swag! As for a Zeppelin I Vinyl Review, I can hear it calling me the way it used to - it feels good to have you back again... I'm still Meditating on it and enjoying every sublime second.

Hey b.truex

Is that a VPI turntable, and what's powering it and the speakers, just interested, bout' to completely upgrade my gear just for these vinyls, salivating to get a decent turntable and amp and speakers!

post-11164-0-52194300-1401961391_thumb.j

post-11164-0-59209500-1401961412_thumb.j

post-11164-0-32180100-1401961449_thumb.j

post-11164-0-35280100-1401961467_thumb.j

Archived