What #'s of the limited edition numbered super deluxe box sets did you get?

luvlz2

Here are all of mine including the first three from back in June:

I: 29,768

II: 29,182

III: 19,860

IV: 20,744

HOTH: 22,971

Mine have been quite high, all around. Hope for low ones for the next round!

Edited by SuperDave

I posted in the News section about my Amazon UK order also missing the Numbered copy (First copy was actually missing the print altogether) http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18626-new-box-sets-including-unreleased-material/?p=787850

I have sourced a copy I am assured is Numbered from an ebay seller called threewillow books, although I do not physically have it in my hands yet, They have also just listed more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Zeppelin-IV-Super-Deluxe-Edition-Box-Set-2-CD-2-180g-LP-081227964313-NEW-/151461480746?

I have also had confirmation via email that Recordstore.co.uk have the numbered versions available as of 31st October.

Roughtrade.com have the title, although they didn't answer if they still had the numbered versions.

Hope that helps some people.

Tony.

...and to stay on topic:

I: 20244

II: 28481

III: 28470

IV: ?????

HOTH: 5105

I got an unnumberd copy of the 4th album as wel and a numbered one of HOTH 4871. I also pre-ordered them at amazon uk on the day they were online..

Got my boxes a week ago and regarding the 'IV' none of them was numbered. I pre ordered the minute after they went online through Amazon UK and bought one copy in a local store. It seems like all numbered copies ended up in the US.

Just to add to Ron's comment, I pre-ordered I, II, III, IV and HOTH from Amazon UK. All contain the first 30,000 numbered print EXCEPT IV which is just the standard non-numbered copy.

I have contacted several retailers in the UK and none of them have a numbered copy. I am baffled as to why after pre-ordering I do not have one of the first 30,000 copies. Amazon are sending a replacement (expect tomorrow) but can only assume it will be the same as the one I have.

Anyone in the UK able to get me a numbered copy as I will be returning the Amazon both Amazon copies if the replacement is not numbered.

Anyone else having issues getting a numbered copy in the UK or can let me know which retailed has them?

I 8449

II 23386

III 21921

IV -

HOTH 29708

Beware: The sticker on IV sets containing an un-numbered print reads "High-Quality Album Cover Art Print" instead of "Individually Numbered Album Cover Art Print". I took a copy off the shelf to the counter for purchase and was told, "That copy's for display, we'll get you a 'proper' copy from out the back". The assistant returned with a copy encased in a nondescript cardboard box. Obviously staff were aware of this issue and engaged in a pre-meditated deception, which was only discovered upon arriving home and opening the box.

Will attempt to exchange my set for one with a numbered copy tomorrow; failure will lead to naming and shaming of this well-known Australian music & home entertainment chain...

Having preordered and received numbered copies of I, II and III, I was devasted to have received non-numbered copies of IV and HOTH from Amazon, having preordered on the 1st day. I've seen numerous similar comments on this forum. Has anyone been successful in having them replaced with numbered copies? Even more annoyed to have paid nearly £100 each for them to find them on Amazon today for £75...

Jason

I got my second copy of IV from Amazon UK and its also a non-numbered copy. Both were returned today.

To add to simpsonj74' comment. I am going to call Amazon tomorrow about the price reduction and see if they can refund the difference. If not, I'll simply order it again and open a return to return the original one.

I have called them before and they have refunded so I'll let you know how it goes.

I have emailed Record Store to ask if they still have numbered copies. I'll let you know how that goes.

David

Edited by circushead

just finished an online chat with Amazon and they are going to refund the price difference for Houses of the Holy as its now £78.69. That's a £21.30 refund. Still waiting on an email from Record Store regarding IV. Will let you all know when I get a reply.

David

I found an eBay store in the US with numbered copies of IV - full cost including delivery/tax was £122 which is only £12 more than recordstore's price anyway, and I've seen photographic evidence that it is actually numbered. The eBay store is called Three Willows Books in North Carolina if anyone is interested...be quick, only one left...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151461480746

I just bought one from Three Willow Books. they only have 1 left now. I have asked them to confirm the item is numbered before despatch just in case. Im happy to pay £12 more than Record Store to secure a numbered copy. Now I'll have all 4 numbered and they are all still sealed!! Just cant bring myself to open them.

I just hope we don't have this problem with the rest of the releases.

Does anyone know if all the albums are going to be released in this fashion or is it just the studio ones. Also be interesting to find out how much Physical Graffiti is going to retail at with it being a double!!!!

Thanks

David

Glad to see you both got a copy.

I feel Amazon UK really dropped the ball on this, it leaves me concerned over forthcoming releases. I like Amazon, easy to order, easy to return, I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to pre-order the next ones from them when they get announced.

Tony.

I don't agree with any of this throwing your dummy in the corner just because you did not get a numbered copy. Returning an item that is not faulty is dishonest in my book.

Not getting a numbered copy is just hard luck, It's the music that's important not a bloody number.

Sorry JTM, but I disagree with you about the numbering, although I agree that the music that is important and please don't take this as a personal attack.

If I was to buy from a B&M I would be able in inspect the goods before making the purchase, therefore allowing me to purchase the copy that I wanted, which would be a numbered copy. The way the shopping experience has developed over the years has lead to a whole host of chains shutting down or changing their marketing/selling strategies and therefore making online shopping the majority of the time, the only alternative, especially for items like this.

The Consumer Rights Directive, which replaced the Distance Selling Regulations are in place for this type of scenario as I am unable to physically inspect the goods before making payment. I have not returned anything that not faulty as a faulty item, I have returned it as unwanted and does not fulfill my requirements, which is perfectly legal, with no dishonesty involved.

If I had B&M shops near me that stocked this title, I would happily pay more to them than Amazon and I would happily spend a day ringing around them all seeing if they had a numbered copy they could reserve for me, drive to the store, look at the physical item to make and then purchase it if it's the copy I want, like we used to be able to years ago, but unfortunately I don't.

I contacted several UK based independents and chains, but before I had confirmation from any of them, I saw a stockest in America that assured me they have numbered copies, so I ordered at greater expense to myself, one from them.

Yes, the music is undeniably the most important thing, but to some of us, we also want something collectible.

Tony.

Sorry JTM, but I disagree with you about the numbering, although I agree that the music that is important and please don't take this as a personal attack.

If I was to buy from a B&M I would be able in inspect the goods before making the purchase, therefore allowing me to purchase the copy that I wanted, which would be a numbered copy. The way the shopping experience has developed over the years has lead to a whole host of chains shutting down or changing their marketing/selling strategies and therefore making online shopping the majority of the time, the only alternative, especially for items like this.

The Consumer Rights Directive, which replaced the Distance Selling Regulations are in place for this type of scenario as I am unable to physically inspect the goods before making payment. I have not returned anything that not faulty as a faulty item, I have returned it as unwanted and does not fulfill my requirements, which is perfectly legal, with no dishonesty involved.

If I had B&M shops near me that stocked this title, I would happily pay more to them than Amazon and I would happily spend a day ringing around them all seeing if they had a numbered copy they could reserve for me, drive to the store, look at the physical item to make and then purchase it if it's the copy I want, like we used to be able to years ago, but unfortunately I don't.

I contacted several UK based independents and chains, but before I had confirmation from any of them, I saw a stockest in America that assured me they have numbered copies, so I ordered at greater expense to myself, one from them.

Yes, the music is undeniably the most important thing, but to some of us, we also want something collectible.

Tony.

Hmmm, I See Amazon are still promoting the box sets as having a numbered print in which case you do have a point. Amazon need to correct this, I also see they have quite a number of used copies on offer that are most likely returns of unnumbered copies.

I would love to see the statistics on how many numbered copies they actually had and how many people received a numbered copy from Amazon UK.

I don't know if there has been a logistical foul up with worldwide distribution or if someone stacked the pile the wrong way, but no one seemed to have any major issues it I, II, III or HOTH getting numbered copies, unlike IV.

As previously mentioned, for all it's tax dodging evilness, in my opinion Amazon is pretty good. I would have no issues pre-ordering for the next round, if this was an acknowledged problem, but if this is an indication of limited supply in the UK for the numbered versions for future releases, I will happily take my business elsewhere, I don't like chasing around for something I want to play with as soon as it hits the doorstep.

Roll on Physical Graffiti and Presence!

Tony.

I agree with Tony. I specifically wanted a numbered copy in keeping with my numbered I, II and III. Amazon advertised this as having the first 30,000 numbered, and pre-ordering on the day of release I expected it to be numbered. I contacted them about this when the item was received and they stopped the item from being purchased which you will see is still the case (Item Under Review).

I have returned mine as it doesn't meet the item description and I too couldn't find a numbered copy when phoning round independent stores in the UK so had to result to buying from America.

Im not dishonest, just want to have the first pressing. They have obviously made these 30,000 copies to be collected by fans otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.

I just hope we don't have this issue with the following releases.

David

Edited by circushead

That sucks for those of you in the UK for certain! Even in the USA. I'm going to be more wary when I order the next round of SDBS, which should be available for pre-order shortly! I think I'll read the specifics of these much more next time as to know what I'll be getting.

Just wondering, if those of you in the UK who ordered these recent SBDS (IV and HOTH) from Amazon in the UK if the contents stated that numbered prints were contained within these? I remember mine from the USA site stated these. Make sure to look for this when ordering PG shortly! This whole thing doesn't make sense, but perhaps that IV being such a huge album (one of the biggest selling ever) that perhaps far more than 30K SBDS were produced for this release, but they only produced 30K numbered prints. Perhaps....and JMHO.....but who knows? It may make sense!

@Tonys78 & Circushead. The plot thickens...my copy of IV from Amazon wasn't numbered (successfully replaced now thanks to Willow Book) BUT when I opened my copy of HOTH also from Amazon, it WAS numbered...so perhaps SuperDave is correct - IV being such a big seller simply made it less probably of receiving a numbered copy.

I guess it will be a bit of a gamble when ordering the next releases from Amazon - maybe steps will be taken to ensure the items are advertised correctly so we know what we're (definitely) getting. Tempted to go elsewhere to save the hassle...

Simpsonj74, I was the same as you, IV not numbered but HOTH was numbered. Amazon sent me another IV but it wasn't numbered either even though the description on Amazon said the first 30,000 were numbered. However, just because the description states the first 30,000 are numbered it doesn't necessarily mean you would get a numbered copy.

My willowbooks copy has been despatched and I cant wait to get a numbered copy.

To superdave's comment, there will be many thousands of these produced but only the first 30,000 (which is the first pressing) are numbered. I think you might be right that this is the most popular album so it would be more difficult to secure a numbered edition.

Someone else on here reckoned that all the numbered copies were distributed to the USA and none went to Europe.

We will need to wait and see what happens when PG is released in the hope that we can all get a numbered set. I've yet to open my numbered I, II and III !!! Just cant bring myself to open them......