The Best LED ZEPPELIN Photo Ever? Please Post Here:

DAVIDALLEN

Great shot^^ I love the photos from James Fortune, Robert M. Knight, Mark Bowman, Neal Preston, Bob Gruen...just to name a few. I agree with you as this is one of my favorite ones of them not on stage and all four together. I will post the link only:-). Great thread!

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/ledzep/r052.html

I agree, the famous Starship shot(s) would be like the quintessential magnitude of the band. BUT... Led Zeppelin's best picture has got to be playing music - what they best did.

Led Zeppelin's grandiloquence comes through my bet for Best LZ Pic:

EC_Page-Plant-02.jpg

(Photo Credit: Michael Putland)

Edited by SummerOfMySmiles

I agree, the famous Starship shot(s) would be like the quintessential magnitude of the band. BUT... Led Zeppelin's best picture has got to be playing music - what they best did.

EC_Page-Plant-02.jpg

(not sure about the photo credit)

Photo Credit: Michael Putland

EC_Page-Plant-02.jpg

(Photo Credit: Michael Putland)

I love the shots with the Starship, but you are so right: the best picture must be one where they are playing!!

Really like the one you picked :)

Hello Led Zep People,

I wanted to start a section that had everyones opinion of the best Led Zeppelin photos ever.

I think this one is, but the group shot at the plane is great. I wish I was there!

This one by Neal Preston is one of the best ever IMHO:

zepexplosionshires_2532561k.jpg

Edited by LZ77

Steve is right on this, any "greatest" photo must contain prominent and clear views of each individual member. The idea that a photo of just Page and Plant could be the best ever is ridiculous. While a good concept, this type of thread has been attempted before and always quickly dissolves into opinions and hyperbole.