The Best LED ZEPPELIN Photo Ever? Please Post Here:

DAVIDALLEN

1426507433440397_zpszg5by69t.jpg

That is a KILLER shot early too one i've never seen before- any idea where/when?

I imagine this is what it looked like way back in early 68 in that tiny room, Talkin about extraordinaire, here's a track that came to us we got together a long time ago couldn't afford a big room we got in a little room and started playin and one of the first things that we did made up our mind that we should stick together sun rain or shine and this was it.

Robert Plant Feb-13-1975

Edited by juxtiphi

• 4 weeks later...

Ross Halfin did one a while back which I believe will become an iconic photograph, believe it is in either New York or Chicago - Robert, Jimmy, and Jones are standing on top of a skyscraper and it was a black & white shot. The first time I saw it, my thought was "fuck, Ross Halfin just nailed it and this photograph will be loved over the coming decades"

Just found it:

https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/led%20zeppelin%20roof%20top%20hero.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2015 at 8:39 PM, Charles J. White said:

Ross Halfin did one a while back which I believe will become an iconic photograph, believe it is in either New York or Chicago - Robert, Jimmy, and Jones are standing on top of a skyscraper and it was a black & white shot. The first time I saw it, my thought was "fuck, Ross Halfin just nailed it and this photograph will be loved over the coming decades"

Just found it:

https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/led%20zeppelin%20roof%20top%20hero.jpg

Fair enough that you like it, but as with most of Halfin's shots I find it too "staged" and "static".  

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Fair enough that you like it, but as with most of Halfin's shots I find it too "staged" and "static".  

Have to agree with your assessment of Halfin's work, it generally lacks any life or spontaneity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Best Backstage photo of the group. I submit:

zepellin_backstage_web.jpg

Led Zeppelin walks along the backstage hallway of the Spectrum moments before their performance in Philadelphia Feb. 8, 1975. Electric Factory Concerts' promoter Allen Spivak leads the way. Behind Robert and to the right of Jimmy is Peter Grant.

Edited by The Rover