"Jimmy Page needs to have a good rest"

royalrumpus

I am so furious with Robert that I am fasincated how Jimmy will react. I wish he would do exactly what told Royal Blood to do, though not just LA, himself.;) It would make me so happy and stun everybody.

So does he mean they actually worked on some stuff and then Jimmy walked away, or Jimmy just walked away from the offer altogether?

Means he apparently asked him and got denied. Prolly around the Kennedy honors or while working on the boxed sets. Imagine they didn't actually play, merely discussed.

Means he apparently asked him and got denied. Prolly around the Kennedy honors or while working on the boxed sets. Imagine they didn't actually play, merely discussed.

If that's what happened then perhaps Jimmy does not want to play with Robert on Robert's terms. And that's probably the only way Robert would do it.

If that's what happened then perhaps Jimmy does not want to play with Robert on Robert's terms. And that's probably the only way Robert would do it.

makes sense, I mean robert's made it pretty clear lately that he won't bend to other people's musical whims.......like if you think the sensational space shifters are equal in the writing process for that record you're surely mistaken, as it's very clearly robert's vision of what he wants done, they're just the conduit to get it done. Page wants to play loud rock music, and isn't interested in doing things the way they were done when plant and page did the no quarter project back in the day, as a reinterpretation applying world music influences and the like.

Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page are continuing their public disagreement over the possibility of a reunion.

In an interview with Express, Plant once again addressed Led Zeppelin rumors. Plant does not want to reunite Led Zeppelin. Plant explains that he feels bad for Page:

But, Plant added a new piece of information. He's not against working with Page. Robert adds, "A couple of years ago I said, 'If you've got anything acoustic, let me know. I'll give it a whirl.'" But, Plant explains, "He

just walked away. But we couldn't do anything proper. The weight of expectation is too great."

"I feel for the guy [Jimmy]. He knows he's got the headlines if he wants them. But I don't know what he's trying to do. So I feel slightly disappointed and baffled."

I don't see a whole lot bad with this paragraph.

Plant is right, Page has got the headlines if he wants them. All Page has to do is show up somewhere, and people are almost bowing at his feet.

Plant doesn't know what Page is trying to do. Neither do I or a lot of fans. Saying for almost 20 years now that you are ready to play live and release new music all that and doing nothing, no one knows what he is trying to do.

Plant is disappointed and baffled. Again, so are a lot. Disappointed that all of Page's talent just sits there, rotting on the vine.

Plant says the "weight of expectation is too great", and really, there it is summed up very concisely. Page does nothing because the weight of expectation must be frightening.

Again, it might read as super duper bad, but really, Plant is not shitting on Page. At least, I don't read it that way.

Jimmy Page wants to rock n roll and Plant forgot how to barrel house all night long... Plant talks about his younger self with such disconnect it almost is a disservice to his accomplishment... and yes there was diversity in LZ so there were acoustic elements and world music entertwined but the riff reigned supreme and Page doesn't want to limit the band or dilute it.... i think Page has been through periods of his life where substances interfered with his vision/music... but now he wants to get back to blasting our brains with those good ol' rockin' blues and once he's smeared our dirty inner thoughts all over the ceiling then turn on the magik and paint the inner walls of our minds with enchanted ethereal music... and even though John Bonham left us too soon he left behind not only a magnificent legacy but a thunderous firebreathing son... and if Page puts something together please please let Jason be the drummer... he may have his own twist to his drumming but its close enough to his fathers to bring a tear to my eye... mix that with a JPJ riff and Jimmy slicing and dicing... and ill weep tears of joy... in the end though you have to top it off with a freshly squeezed Percy... disservice???... NO... JUST THE GREATEST BAND TO SOAR OVER THE EARTH... fanboy?... maybe... but who else could let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dreams? ...so...

Jimmy Page wants to rock n roll and Plant forgot how to barrel house all night long... Plant talks about his younger self with such disconnect it almost is a disservice to his accomplishment... and yes there was diversity in LZ so there were acoustic elements and world music entertwined but the riff reigned supreme and Page doesn't want to limit the band or dilute it.... i think Page has been through periods of his life where substances interfered with his vision/music... but now he wants to get back to blasting our brains with those good ol' rockin' blues and once he's smeared our dirty inner thoughts all over the ceiling then turn on the magik and paint the inner walls of our minds with enchanted ethereal music... and even though John Bonham left us too soon he left behind not only a magnificent legacy but a thunderous firebreathing son... and if Page puts something together please please let Jason be the drummer... he may have his own twist to his drumming but its close enough to his fathers to bring a tear to my eye... mix that with a JPJ riff and Jimmy slicing and dicing... and ill weep tears of joy... in the end though you have to top it off with a freshly squeezed Percy... disservice???... NO... JUST THE GREATEST BAND TO SOAR OVER THE EARTH... fanboy?... maybe... but who else could let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dreams? ...so...

Absolutely! :) Now if only Jimmy will do it.

Imo....both these gentlemen are highly intelligent and know how press works. Quite ironic how this resurfaces again a day after the press release of the next batch of remasters? I highly doubt Jimmy and Robert are at odds. One thing that is for sure is that today everyone is once again discussing both them and Zeppelin.

Good work boys.....timing is everything.

Imo....both these gentlemen are highly intelligent and know how press works. Quite ironic how this resurfaces again a day after the press release of the next batch of remasters? I highly doubt Jimmy and Robert are at odds. One thing that is for sure is that today everyone is once again discussing both them and Zeppelin.

Good work boys.....timing is everything.

It always is and perhaps a bit of marketing on their part!

Imo....both these gentlemen are highly intelligent and know how press works. Quite ironic how this resurfaces again a day after the press release of the next batch of remasters? I highly doubt Jimmy and Robert are at odds.

Robert knows his timing. ;)

I have read the so called, "controversial" Uncut RP interview in full.

It's a great interview, Robert is thoroughly Robert throughout!

He seems a restless soul who has to keep moving, yet values a normal, simple life on his own terms.

But it is very clear he has one love and that is music and life on his own terms. Period!

There were some surprises:

He mentions running full steam into the creation of Priory of Brion as an escape from the Page/Plant arena rock circus.

He gleefully tells of getting a ticket for speeding, I think in Morocco, and loving having to haggle with the local cops.

He makes it clear he is no longer with Patty Griffin, and he sounds very bittersweet about it. He mentions the boredom of waiting around while she was recording. Again, his restless spirit nagging him back home to children, grandchildren and his true home.

He says he offered to work with Jimmy, even asking for something acoustic, and he says Jimmy walked away.

He sounds more aggravated than anything with Jimmy and the comments and quotes.

The feel I get is that he is really frustrated that Jimmy isn't out creating and playing.

He is very complimentary of JPJ and his creative and musical path.

And he gives a fine rememberance of John Bonham and how he always brought him down to reality even fighting, but keeping it real, and how Bonzo is such an inspiration to every drummer born.

But I think when asked the choice of the Zeppelin song that reminds him most of Jimmy Page, his answer is very telling, "Friends".

Edited for clarity.

I think we would all jump for joy if this were to happen. I am sure, if Jimmy wanted to, he could certainly ask Jason Bonham to work with him (Jason would absolutely be the best choice, keeping the memory of John Bonham alive). But if Robert does not feel the need to be a part of a new project, or a LZ reunion, I do feel that if he wants to Jimmy can gather plenty of other talented musicians around him. "Come on Jimmy, you do not need to rely on Robert to create new music, there will be plenty of other talents who I am sure would love to work with you."

They're both idiots in my opinion lol. As I said, I don't think their is any hatred or ill- will, only frustrations (just like us, the die hards). Anyways, I have made my frusturations with Percy very clear on here over the years. As for Page, why does Robert have anything to do with his work? He could have created bands and music years ago. It wouldn't match Zeppelin, but it would have made millions happy while allowing him to create and most importantly, tour. If he was retired that'd be one thing, but it is clear he wants to get outhere but won't without Plant.

Ah well! We've gotten the O2, Celebration Day, the reissues, and I have been fortunate enough to see two Plant solo shows, Jimmy Page at Berklee, and Jason on a LZE show. It isn't all doom and gloom!

I think we would all jump for joy if this were to happen. I am sure, if Jimmy wanted to, he could certainly ask Jason Bonham to work with him (Jason would absolutely be the best choice, keeping the memory of John Bonham alive). But if Robert does not feel the need to be a part of a new project, or a LZ reunion, I do feel that if he wants to Jimmy can gather plenty of other talented musicians around him. "Come on Jimmy, you do not need to rely on Robert to create new music, there will be plenty of other talents who I am sure would love to work with you."

I know that Jimmy's musican friends would love it if Jimmy would only asked them.

i think Page has been through periods of his life where substances interfered with his vision/music... but now he wants to get back to blasting our brains with those good ol' rockin' blues and once he's smeared our dirty inner thoughts all over the ceiling then turn on the magik and paint the inner walls of our minds with enchanted ethereal music... and even though John Bonham left us too soon he left behind not only a magnificent legacy but a thunderous firebreathing son...

I think perhaps substances interfered with your post. :sarcastic_hand:

There were some surprises:

He mentions running full steam into the creation of Priory of Brion as an escape from the Page/Plant arena rock circus.

That's been widely known for years.

I am sure, if Jimmy wanted to, he could certainly ask Jason Bonham to work with him (Jason would absolutely be the best choice, keeping the memory of John Bonham alive).

Jimmy's rehearsals with Jason AND John Paul Jones in the lineup throughout much of 2008 amounted to nothing and that was six very long years ago. It's done. It's over.

The only thing I read into Plant's comments is essentially what most of us have been saying and feeling for years now: the immense talent that is Jimmy Page has become dormant and it's very sad to see. Sure, Page has earned the right to do as he pleases but to someone like Robert, who I believe does indeed love Jimmy on a personal level as well as a creative level, he just feels heartache not seeing Page out there creating music anymore. And I think for Robert it adds to his dismay for a Zeppelin reunion of some kind. I think if Jimmy were able to write new material, Robert would be much more open to the idea. And that makes perfect sense to me. Jimmy is certainly not a talent wasted because of what he's accomplished in his life but these guys aren't getting any younger. In fact, they're getting older much faster than they were a decade ago. I hate to say it but I just don't see Jimmy Page playing new material in a live setting anymore. Whatever has held him up from doing it the last 14 years has become who he is. Only a reunion will spring his step again, but we know that's not in the cards. Enjoy the music, love their legacy and have a pint for Bonzo whenever possible. At least, that's the way I see it anyway.

I am so furious with Robert that I am fasincated how Jimmy will react. I wish he would do exactly what told Royal Blood to do, though not just LA, himself. ;) It would make me so happy and stun everybody.

Why the anger at Plant? He answered a direct question with a direct answer. He made it clear that he's not against working with Page in principal. He lobbied the ball back onto Page's court where it should have been all along. IMO, what's most important about this interview is that it reveals Plant is as baffled and disappointed as fans are about Page's lack of new musical endeavors. I also think Plant's comment "the weight of expectations is too great" is telling.

Is this just Robert keeping the press going, because it looks bad on him that he keeps talking about how he's not the bad guy here, yet everyone else is willing.

Acoustic would be fine, or reworks like unledded. So what's he playing at now? I tried and Jimmy walked away?

..He makes it clear he is no longer with Patty Griffin, and he sounds very bittersweet about it. He mentions the boredom of waiting around while she was recording. Again, his restless spirit nagging him back home to children, grandchildren and his true home...

Damn! I know it's none of my business but I liked the idea of them together. It just seemed so dignified for him to be with a mature woman who is a respected artist in her own right.

Archived