Remasters sound the same to me is anyone really selling box set

ksgemini

I saw a posting earlier from someone asking if anyone wanted complete box set I' m game at 51 maybe it's my ears I her minimal difference between these and older ones and could use a mint spare

Let me edit this and ask if people are really noticing big difference if u don't take the fact they r louder into account...

Just via the HDtracks.com samples, I can hear a distinct difference between the crop circles box set release, and the HD remaster samples. The music is of course louder, but beyond that you can hear the notes being physically struck even more so than ever before, the subtleties in the performance that is. There's information one can hear that just isn't there in the CDs.

Just via the HDtracks.com samples, I can hear a distinct difference between the crop circles box set release, and the HD remaster samples. The music is of course louder, but beyond that you can hear the notes being physically struck even more so than ever before, the subtleties in the performance that is. There's information one can hear that just isn't there in the CDs.

It depends what CD player & equipment you have. I have compared my CDs to the vinyl. Yes the vinyl is better but very little in it

I have nothing to keep downloaded music on except desktop so does not help me...maybe the 35 db's I lost in left ear affects how I hear things I know its OT- I just cant re4member what thread someone said "does anyone want to buy my old box set of all the cd's?" and was wondering if they were serious...I can only listen in car ...when wife not with me ...so am not getting much from remasters... as for vinyl Ill refrain from being an opinionated jerk but personally I could never swing over 100 dollars per album with rent/car/etc to worry about...but people should do what makes them happy. I have not seen turntables for sale in 20 years....

I have nothing to keep downloaded music on except desktop so does not help me...maybe the 35 db's I lost in left ear affects how I hear things I know its OT- I just cant re4member what thread someone said "does anyone want to buy my old box set of all the cd's?" and was wondering if they were serious...I can only listen in car ...when wife not with me ...so am not getting much from remasters... as for vinyl Ill refrain from being an opinionated jerk but personally I could never swing over 100 dollars per album with rent/car/etc to worry about...but people should do what makes them happy. I have not seen turntables for sale in 20 years....

You can find new turntables for sale on the internet...Just type in turntables and it will give you a vast array of them, usually starting from as little as £100.

If you're not hearing a difference in these new remasters, your hearing must really be shot. Just on a couple listens to the cds and vinyl records alone, I can tell a marked upgrade in quality from all previous cd releases of the first album.

It's not that it's louder, either. It is the tonal balance and clarity...and the warmth and resonance of the bass response. I'm in sonic heaven so far. The closest yet to how I heard and felt the original album release.

as for vinyl Ill refrain from being an opinionated jerk but personally I could never swing over 100 dollars per album with rent/car/etc to worry about...but people should do what makes them happy.

$100 per album?

Current Amazon prices:

$49.56 for Led Zeppelin Deluxe vinyl (three lps)

$40.56 for Led Zeppelin II Deluxe Vinyl (two lps)

$39.81 for Led Zeppelin III Deluxe Vinyl (two lps)

No my hearing is not shot 35 db's gone in one ear is still audiologically in normal range of hearing. I probably just dont have the right equipment. I could never afford a whole system just to hear these on Vinyl -sad I had all the originals but sold all 500 of my albums and inexpensive stereo when I went to grad school in late 80's. So I am just listening in car and on computer....I notice a huge difference in TSRTS cd's when re done...I hope people enjoy them I am not here to be negative or flame. A friend of mine with expensive system hears minimal difference on cd's. Honestly I never downloaded a song in my life and doubt I will- wife has i think but can't experiment cuz she just wont have LZ on her phone or anywhere else... I don't own a cell phone / ipod/mp3 player or anything like that. i also am not soliciting ...just remember someone said they had box they didnt need anymore and wondered if they were serious...this is one of the only boards without buy/sell area so sorry if I broke a rule. a remastered ITTOD does interest me because I do think even I could tell the difference on that one.

edit-I just saw the above post I'd imagine speakers and other components would set me back and considering original vinyl were 9.99-14.99 I'll stick with cd's Also the collective highpots on 2 and 3's Companion disc would fit on less than one 2 sided album I just dont get backing trax or the bizarre Moby Dick on 2's companion. Since I've Been Loving You is one of the best things I have heard tho from 3

I'll give both my copies of II side one a spin and I'll post the difference or lack thereof. All my old copies are in reasonably good shape so I'll likely be able to at least form my own opinion.

No my hearing is not shot 35 db's gone in one ear is still audiologically in normal range of hearing.

Not to be rude, but...I don't know. If you can't hear the obvious sonic differences between the Davis remasters and the Marino remasters...

Why would someone even consider being or not being rude over a trivial subject like music. I never said people should not listen to them I just dont have a discriminating ear..its no different with the Beatles remasters...although in that situation I think the stereo ones are actually worse than originals....but I just don't hear more sounds...The Doors 07 remasters I definitely could ,and they speed corrected the first album Finally.... I could always tell Light My Fire was at the wrong speed ....if anything I am saying page did it perfectly in 93 I would buy another set of 94 cd's or box but I have gotten burned getting Argentinian grey market stuff before...even from Amazon

I think that in my own opinion and it seems obvious at the first comparison between the two copies of the vinyl in my collection two things that jump right out are. The pressing is heavier and the sound is so good that I can only say that whole lotta love is a whole lot of clearer. Every track after that has the same improvement in clarity. In fact the clarity is striking as the first track track closes and fades. I'm really impressed...

Why would someone even consider being or not being rude over a trivial subject like music. I never said people should not listen to them I just dont have a discriminating ear..its no different with the Beatles remasters...although in that situation I think the stereo ones are actually worse than originals....but I just don't hear more sounds...The Doors 07 remasters I definitely could ,and they speed corrected the first album Finally.... I could always tell Light My Fire was at the wrong speed ....if anything I am saying page did it perfectly in 93 I would buy another set of 94 cd's or box but I have gotten burned getting Argentinian grey market stuff before...even from Amazon

Fine. Since you're adamant about preferring the 1993 remasters, here's the guy who was offering to sell his Complete Box Set...pm him and you two should be able to work out a deal.

Listened to companion cd's of 2 and 3, waiting on superdeluxe 1:

Extremely impressed! with quality and the out-take difference, almost like listening to new material:-)

This stuff is clearly not money making gimmickry, way to go JP!!

BTW, anyone want to but my complete studio recordings, circa 1993?

If you're not hearing a difference in these new remasters, your hearing must really be shot. Just on a couple listens to the cds and vinyl records alone, I can tell a marked upgrade in quality from all previous cd releases of the first album.

It's not that it's louder, either. It is the tonal balance and clarity...and the warmth and resonance of the bass response. I'm in sonic heaven so far. The closest yet to how I heard and felt the original album release.

If that's the case then JP should be fucking ashamed of himself for ripping us all off the first time around!

Look this obviously is heated and I was not trolling. I respect 99 percent here are hearing an improvement. I obviously do not have the right equipment or a discriminating ear andi have always held most of the time remaster means profit. That's capitalism and in a way it's good bands have control over re releases. I love LZ and always will I just think this venture does not enhance their legacy and maybe my disappointment in a lot of the companion discs for 2 and 3 is coloring my opinion and perception. There r some gems on 3's but I was expecting too much I guess. I concede to the majority and wish everyone a great listening experience I am just hearing little difference,unnecessAry out takes and really poorly packaged and shipped product to be to enthused after 39 years as a fan. I don't wish anyone Ill or not to have these ... It's likely my car and computer just doesn't pick up the differences. My last post on this topic(crowd cheers) The great thing is it puts Zep back on the charts and gets them some respect from critics after years of criticism in the 70's I sure would like dvd's with later sets... Some live shows is something I'd definitely love as I never bought bootlegs so good soundboard pros shot shows would rule.

Look this obviously is heated and I was not trolling. I respect 99 percent here are hearing an improvement. I obviously do not have the right equipment or a discriminating ear andi have always held most of the time remaster means profit. That's capitalism and in a way it's good bands have control over re releases. I love LZ and always will I just think this venture does not enhance their legacy and maybe my disappointment in a lot of the companion discs for 2 and 3 is coloring my opinion and perception. There r some gems on 3's but I was expecting too much I guess. I concede to the majority and wish everyone a great listening experience I am just hearing little difference,unnecessAry out takes and really poorly packaged and shipped product to be to enthused after 39 years as a fan. I don't wish anyone Ill or not to have these ... It's likely my car and computer just doesn't pick up the differences. My last post on this topic(crowd cheers) The great thing is it puts Zep back on the charts and gets them some respect from critics after years of criticism in the 70's I sure would like dvd's with later sets... Some live shows is something I'd definitely love as I never bought bootlegs so good soundboard pros shot shows would rule.

You shot yourself in the foot really starting this thread then admitting that your playback equipment is not really up to the job. Btw these new remasters are a big improvement over the 90s efforts.

You shot yourself in the foot really starting this thread then admitting that your playback equipment is not really up to the job. Btw these new remasters are a big improvement over the 90s efforts.

Honestly I do not know anyone with anything other than an iPod - which I don't have- or a car system...u r probably right but I don't have the luxury of buying better equipment. I have one friend with home stereo and comparing them I still heard little or no difference but maybe I am just so damn used to to the older cd's I am missing something Almost died in car wreck 5 weeks ago so shooting myself in foot is nothing ... I have never heard things other people do as in Beatles but I DO notice improvement in Doors cd's that were also remixed....before it begins I am NOT comparing the music LZ remains #1 with me btw there are some nice moments on these ... The rawness of the Olympia show and the amazing Since I've Been Loving You both totally new to me

I've listened to the downloads only and just from that alone, I hear a big difference. It's fuller, richer more sonic... It's like your now hearing the full frequency of the notes!

I have listened to the same songs on two different quality system setups, one being my PC and Home theater system. I'm debating on buying a good set of headphones to hear even more subtle sounds.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but it seems JP has re-mastered them in 5.1 when compared to playing the older re-masters.

• 2 weeks later...

If that's the case then JP should be fucking ashamed of himself for ripping us all off the first time around!

Give me a break. Or more accurately, give Jimmy Page a break; you're not being fair to him. The CD mastering technology was in its infancy back in 1990-1993 when they first mastered the catalogue to CD. It was difficult to get the depth of bass response on CD that you could on vinyl. That's why most audiophiles held on to their vinyl collections even when record companies started phasing out vinyl in favour of CDs.

Considering that Jimmy Page wasn't involved with the first issue of the CDs in the 1980s, this is only the second time the Led Zeppelin catalogue has been remastered and released. You're the one that should be ashamed of himself with this rant. Good grief.

Ok I have to edit myself -my ears probably do suck- but in comparing them on a friend's system that is high end...i guess The remasters sound slightly better to especially 2 to me...but in comparing remasters from other groups from Abba to black sabbath to Beatles I do think Page did a masterful job of making them feel and sound as great as they could. These and the Doors remastered remixes are the only things I could really detect a positive difference and I maintain... OT that the beatles stereo from 09 sound worse than 88. To me nothing is a huge difference because all I listen to is in the car and on computer...there is no way I can get high end stereo equipment myself so u are all probably hearing things the car cant pick up but like I said I do think Jimmy did an awesome job. I stick to what I said about the companion discs tho II feels like nothing special and Ithink there is better live material than 1 but at least it was more than 35-40 minutes.

Archived