Super Deluxe Remasters Hard Cover Books

SuperDave

Well as much as everyone here, I've been getting so into these remasters and better yet as I have all the SD sets. That's, Super Deluxe and not Super Dave! Well, anyway I want to know what all of you you that have ordered and/ or plan to receive shortly your SD boxes think of Jimmy's work that went into the hardcover books that accompany these sets. I think it would be best to keep this alive for the future releases over the next year during the completion of these releases as so we can compare the individual nine books and how they are relatively to one another.

Been looking through them briefly, while listening to the vinyl releases. I think I'm blown away with the audio improvement! Will comment more on Strider's threads!! There is so much detail in these books with great photos and a great overview of the band during these years as it pertains to each particular album release. Will go into more detail at another time as it's getting late.

Just want to know what everyone thinks about these and anticipate more great books on these future releases!

So far, I'm really enjoying the LED Zeppelin I hard cover book. It has so many interesting pictures and articles. I've read quite a few books on Led Zeppelin, but having actual articles what were written at the time is very interesting and I think it gives another perspective. They make me feel more like I was actually there when it all happened. My only complaint is that the print in the articles is soooooo small. I'm not sure if they actually expected people to read the articles or not.........

Haven't even opened the Led Zeppelin II book because I'm so wrapped up in the first :)

I love and am enjoying all 3 books and have been trying to enjoy them slowly. The press kit from LZ I is fasicinating too. It is like Jimmy is bringing us into his world. Many things belong to him. Has anyone besides me notice that the credit for the live picture and poster on page 23 in the LZ II's book belongs to C.Page? My guess it could only be Charlotte but I wonder why her name is not written out or it is not Martin or Ernest's name what ever that is.

Anyway, I can not wait for the next books already! :) Thank you for starting this thread, SuperDave.

I think the books are fantastic! I have enjoyed looking through them while listening to the music...along with the sonic sound, this adds another dimension of feeling like you are right there with them. I agree that some of the articles are tiny print and not sure they are meant to be read, but I love the pictures, formal memos, hand written notes, etc. It does feel like we are looking at Jimmy's personal scrapbook, and I think that is very cool! The books are very nicely made with thick pages and sturdy cover and binding. Here are a few pics of the pages.

post-26295-0-80507700-1402355218_thumb.j

post-26295-0-76003700-1402355378_thumb.j

post-26295-0-23043500-1402355474_thumb.j

post-26295-0-32614500-1402355540_thumb.j

post-26295-0-22650400-1402355585_thumb.j

Thanks for sharing the photos Ddadner. I love the books as well, but only have gone through the first one in depth. The print does seem quite small. I suppose getting some reading glasses or a magnifying glass may rectify this for some.

Too small to read? HA! :-)

I will go blind in my attempt

I've got all three. Have only had the time to go thru LZ I so far.

What a wonderful companion to some incredible remasters

That's the spirit! Hope u don't actually go blind, though!!!!! I'm really enjoying the articles, even if I'm squinting a bit to do so :)

The entire '69-'70 tour program is reproduced in the LZ II book.

I noticed a minor error in the book from LZ III - there's a two-page spread with photos from Oklahoma 1970. However, the photo on the top left is from a different show. Seems like a familiar shot, too.....Hamburg? Anyone recognize it?

Archived