ROBERT PLANT - LULLABY AND... THE CEASELESS ROAR

sam_webmaster

• Administrators
September 9th, 2014
PRE-ORDER HERE:

http://robertplant.warnerreprise.com/

Hear "Little Maggie" on BBC radio here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047l80v

(starts at 49 min)

robert-plant-lullaby-ceaseless-roar-450.

Robert Plant’s new album, lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar, will be released September 9 on Nonesuch/Warner Bros. Records. Produced by Plant, the album is his label debut and features 11 new recordings, nine of which are original songs written by Plant with his band, The Sensational Space Shifters—Justin Adams: bendirs, djembe, guitars, tehardant, background vocals; John Baggott: keyboards, loops, moog bass, piano, tabal, background vocals; Juldeh Camara: kologo, ritti, Fulani vocals; Billy Fuller: bass, drum programming, omnichord, upright bass; Dave Smith: drum set; and Liam “Skin” Tyson: banjo, guitar, background vocals.

Pre-orders are available now at robertplant.com and include a limited-edition print and an instant download of an album track. Watch an album preview below. Plant and the band perform at Glastonbury this Saturday and will tour the UK in November (tickets on sale this Friday) and the US this fall, including two nights at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, September 27 and 28, as part of Nonesuch Records at BAM: Celebrating 50 Years of the Label without Labels; further US dates will be announced soon.

lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar is Plant’s first record since 2010’s Band of Joy, which followed 2007’s six-time Grammy Award–winning collaboration with Alison Krauss, Raising Sand. Justin Adams and John Baggott of The Sensational Space Shifters appeared on Plant’s 2002 release Dreamland, while all but Camara and Smith appeared on 2005’s Mighty Rearranger. The new-album line-up recently toured the world before recording lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar at Helium Studios in Wiltshire and Real World Studios in Bath, UK. The track “Rainbow” was recorded in Contino Rooms in London. Tchad Blake mixed all but three tracks on the album.

“It’s really a celebratory record, powerful, gritty, African, Trance meets Zep,” Plant says. “The whole impetus of my life as a singer has to be driven by a good brotherhood. I am very lucky to work with The Sensational Space Shifters. They come from exciting areas of contemporary music…I have been around awhile and I ask myself, do I have anything to say? Is there a song still inside me? In my heart? I see life and what’s happening to me. Along the trail there are expectations, disappointments, happiness, questions and strong relationships,” Plant explains, “... and now I’m able to express my feelings through melody, power and trance; together in a kaleidescope of sound, colour, and friendship.”

post-5-0-73764500-1403538358_thumb.jpg

Robert has really good management, and he has really embraced the New Media, a very smart man indeed.

Agree completely. His solo career is going so great and he's making great moves. Saw him on The Band of Joy tour in Arkansas and it was great. The creative juices are really flowing with this outfit... although I'm in the reunion tour boat cause I've never seen the mighty Zep and I just love em... I really do respect Plants solo career and can see where he wants to go with it...

on a side note can you pm me a list of matrix you have done and if there are possibly any more in the works? Peace thanks and much respect

I have to say, I was pretty nervous over whether Ceaseless Roar could live up to Mighty ReArranger (which I loved). The two new songs heard today (Rainbow and Little Maggie) sound amazing, better than they did live. The new, dark theme for the album cover and promotional materials is also really exciting.

Sharing some new press photos of Robert Plant that have appeared on his website, as well as assorted other promotional material that was published today:

post-20091-0-69104000-1403561487_thumb.j

post-20091-0-72805900-1403561489_thumb.j

post-20091-0-02176100-1403561492_thumb.j

post-20091-0-07562700-1403561494_thumb.j

post-20091-0-25209600-1403561495_thumb.j

post-20091-0-19031600-1403561498_thumb.p

post-20091-0-44368800-1403561500_thumb.j

post-20091-0-55567400-1403561501_thumb.j

post-20091-0-92730200-1403561985_thumb.j

post-20091-0-13137800-1403561988_thumb.j

post-20091-0-52031300-1403561990_thumb.j

Let others bitch if they want, I am happy to hear this news! Mighty Rearranger and Dreamland are two of the best Robert Plant solo records and his concerts with the SSS among the best of his career.

I've been waiting for the new album ever since he announced having two albums in the works. Now, whatever became of the album he and Buddy Miller were working on?

The actual music sounds good enough to me, but that "trailer" is bizarre. It sounds like it was recorded by a high school group, and the shots of Plant were cheesy as hell.

I have to admit that he's an enigmatic figure, to me...but in a mostly annoying way.

I'll always think he was/is wrong for not doing a final Zeppelin tour and album. It is something he should do, there are even alternatives to the stadium touring he fears so much. I understand he wants to do his own thing but 6 months to a year of his time (could have even been less) would not have made a difference. It'd just have made millions of people happy. Oh well!

That being said, I am still able to enjoy his solo career. I recognize he isn't a rock n' roll musician anymore, and I am excited for this record. Rainbow was pretty good

Robert Plant's New Album, "Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar," Arriving in September

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant has announced details about his forthcoming album, which he recorded with his current band, The Sensational Space Shifters. Titled Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar, the record will be released on September 9.

The album features 11 newly recorded tracks, including nine original songs that Plant wrote with members of The Sensational Space Shifters. The non-originals are a rearranged rendition of the traditional tune "Little Maggie" and "Poor Howard," an adaptation of the Lead Belly song "Po' Howard."

"It's really a celebratory record, powerful, gritty, African, Trance meets Zep," says Plant. "The whole impetus of my life as a singer has to be driven by a good brotherhood. I am very lucky to work with The Sensational Space Shifters. They come from exciting areas of contemporary music."

As for what inspired the new album's songs, the 65-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer explains, "I see life and what's happening to me. Along the trail there are expectations, disappointments, happiness, questions and strong relationships…and now I'm able to express my feelings through melody, power and trance; together in a kaleidoscope of sound, color and friendship."

Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar will be available in a variety of configurations, including a multiple-disc package featuring a two-LP, 180-gram vinyl set; a CD; and a digital download. Various editions are available with an exclusive print of the cover art. The album can be pre-ordered now at RobertPlant.com, and those who do pre-order it also will be able to access downloads of some of the tracks prior to the September 9 release date.

A preview trailer for Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar, as well as a video premiering the new song "Rainbow," have debuted at Plant's official YouTube channel.

In other news, Plant has confirmed that he and The Sensational Space Shifters will be performing on September 27 and 28 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City, in conjunction with a special concert dubbed Nonesuch Records at BAM: Celebrating 50 Years of the Label Without Labels. The group will announce additional North American tour dates soon, but currently is in the midst of a European tour that will include an appearance this Saturday at the U.K.'s famed Glastonbury Festival. Check out all of Plant's tour dates at RobertPlant.com.

Here is the full track list of Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar:

"Little Maggie"
"Rainbow"
"Pocketful of Golden"
"Embrace Another Fall"
"Turn It Up"
"A Stolen Kiss"
"Somebody There"
"Poor Howard"
"House of Love"
"Up on the Hollow Hill (Understanding Arthur)"
"Arbaden (Maggie's Babby)"

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2014/6/23/robert-plants-new-album-lullaby-and-the-ceaseless-roar-arriv.html#ixzz35VrVupWd

Anyone know if the Brooklyn Academy shows have gone on sale. Perhaps, it may be different for sales, considering the venue.

I noticed one of the songs in the listing for the new album...House of Love...also the name of a tune from Page/Plant's, WITC. Very strange indeed!

The link would not work on this, even though from Robert's Official YT site. Says not available by the uploader in your country, being the USA. Hope that changes shortly. Caught the song from the BBC link Sam provided, so all is good.

rainbow sounds a million times better studio version than the live vids i've seen, definitely a very chill, hooky song w/ the percussion and bass having a stronger impact than you necessarily hear on the recordings that have been out there. Definitely a cool mixture of different stuff, interested to see how it all shakes out this new record.

He's such a spiritual man! His presentation is just great! Returning to the outdoors near his home and feeling what he might have missed by being there too often! This is just classic Plant!

I also like the way he is wrinkled! Mostly just around his mouth, ofcourse, that's where he sings, this must happen to the greteast singer in the world, that sings SOOOOOO much and SOOOOOO great!

The link would not work on this, even though from Robert's Official YT site. Says not available by the uploader in your country, being the USA. Hope that changes shortly. Caught the song from the BBC link Sam provided, so all is good.

Doesn't work on Canadian computers either, but at least the people in UK can hear it.

But yes, the BBC link is no problem.

Little Maggie is a great track.

Really dig the first song...Rainbow. Unfortunately, I'll never get to see LZ live, but I've made my peace with that. Robert has moved on and continues to produce solid, fresh tunes. Unlike some bands (cough...Rolling Stones...cough) that chase mega paydays and play the same tired warhorses. Anyway, nice to hear that Robert will be taking it on the road in the fall. Got to see him in Berkeley, CA last year. Great show. Hope he comes this way again.

Agree - the new music sounds great. I like how he speaks in the video -very much in his "wisened storyteller" manner.

I wish things were different but they are not, so I'm going to enjoy what is instead of what may never be.

Anyone know if the Brooklyn Academy shows have gone on sale. Perhaps, it may be different for sales, considering the venue.

Now open to public.

http://commerce.bam.org/tickets/production.aspx?pid=8891

No sleep til Brooklyn.

rainbow sounds a million times better studio version than the live vids i've seen, definitely a very chill, hooky song w/ the percussion and bass having a stronger impact than you necessarily hear on the recordings that have been out there. Definitely a cool mixture of different stuff, interested to see how it all shakes out this new record.

The studio version will sound better as most of the live vids are done with iPhones and the lot and not exactly done with supreme video and sound!

"Rainbow" I think, is probably his best song since "The Enchanter" with the SS.

Archived