ROBERT PLANT - LULLABY AND... THE CEASELESS ROAR

sam_webmaster

Picked up the album on compact disc earlier today and played it all the way through on headphones. My mind hasn't changed--it's a turd.

Hell, that's one hell of a polished turd then! :o

Heya Steve, it's your honest opinion so your totally entitled to it.

Each to there own. :)

NPR Music is doing a live broadcast of the concert Sunday evening in Brooklyn.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/351494090/robert-plant-and-the-sensational-space-shifters-live-in-concert

Set your calendars!

Thanks for this, ebk. I love you, NPR Music!

Hi ebk! ^^

Robert Plant Reflects on New Album "lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar" for Last.fm

RP's been doing a ton of these pressers to promote the new album. Sometimes it's fun and playful, others its reflective and insightful, but somehow there's always something to say. Still, you can see how these sorts of promos get tiresome. That's the bargain, I guess, for getting the word out about the album and tour. I wonder if there will be other innovative ways to inform fans about new material/tours in the future to offset the personal appearances? Of course, it's a catch-22 because it's Robert Plant people want to see...that's the game at least for now...

:faint1: Oh my God - that was FUCKING GREAT! Thank you, NPR! :you_rock: I feel so happy to have seen this BAM show (beautiful venue, by the way, intimate space, great sound). Interesting song choices, and amazing reworking of Zep tunes. lullaby... songs sound so good live it's ridiculous. These guys have something really special going on here.

Going to California was very, very good and so was A Stolen Kiss.

Wait what??! I didn't realize that they did "A Stolen Kiss." At one point I had to refresh my stream, and it picked up on another song, but it turns out I missed like three in the process. I really hope they have it in the set list tomorrow :D

NPR Music is doing a live broadcast of the concert Sunday evening in Brooklyn.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/351494090/robert-plant-and-the-sensational-space-shifters-live-in-concert

Set your calendars!

Awww, I missed this bit of news. Damn. How long does NPR archive their shows, ebk? Will it still be up by the time I get back to LA this week?

The webcast was very good, much appreciated too here, as I missed the Saturday show. I messed up changing trains and basically doubled the trip and couldn't find a ticket.

I had seen a show last year and I gotta say, even though the webcast was great, you have to hear this music, as with any music, live...to hear the activity goin on.

Plant and band have a lot goin on there, with transitioning from the band of joy and bluegrass period, reworking the zep material and showcasing their new songs. Very enjoyable show.

Strider, the Jack White show you attended is still up, so I'm guessing you have some time to catch it. As far as I can tell, NPR leave concerts up for a really long time. The only things that are on a time limit are First Listen albums, which usually are taken down the day the album is released.

I'm going to watch the Plant concert this afternoon to help while away the time at work.

Strider, the Jack White show you attended is still up, so I'm guessing you have some time to catch it. As far as I can tell, NPR leave concerts up for a really long time. The only things that are on a time limit are First Listen albums, which usually are taken down the day the album is released.

I'm going to watch the Plant concert this afternoon to help while away the time at work.

Merci ebk. :friends:

Wait what??! I didn't realize that they did "A Stolen Kiss." At one point I had to refresh my stream, and it picked up on another song, but it turns out I missed like three in the process. I really hope they have it in the set list tomorrow :D

This happened to my friend too, she was a couple songs back at one point. My brother signed on after 10, watched it from going to California on, was so impressed with gtc, rewound and watched beginning of show. My stream was steady for whole show, until encore of little Maggie, had gone outside to smoke and screen froze, but audio was still live.

I agree with folks saying stolen kiss was a highlight, it was sort of a stand alone moment in the set list.

I listened to the commentary after the show and then the screen froze, and said, done...wasn't able to rewind.

^ Cheers, middlezep. Hopefully I can record it and see the whole concert.

GTA people: There's been a huge TTC (subway) delay since this morning and it's ongoing on the 2 Line (east-west). Subway is still shut down from Dundas West to (from what I've been told) St. George. Yonge line is ok.

It may well be fixed by later today, but just a head's up to check the TTC website ( http://www.ttc.ca/ ) if you're coming from the west end in case you need to make plans for an alternate route. Worst thing ever to miss any of the concert because of yet another transit delay.

So... I am quite upset to report that as of this moment, the concert has not been posted on NPR. I hope this doesn't mean I've missed it as I cavalierly pushed it to the side thinking I'd just watch it at work like I did for the Jack White show.

Sigh...

yesterday the BAM-Sunday-Show replay was alive and well (from the time point of view 'Central European Time') ...

possible reason for "not currently available": Toronto, Denver and Los Angeles shows are NOT sold out

RP-tweet-pointer to the NPR replay site was set quite recently: 10 h ago

so there is hope to study the beautiful "more quite" performance at BAM in more detail sooner or later over and over again ...

WAAAAARAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!! AMAZING CONCERT!!! What a wonderful show filled with great musicianship, comeraderie with an adoring crowd in an intimate venue with the right kind of spirit about it, and the blending of musical styles for the old and new songs just so was breathtakingly good. I can't say enough or put into words exactly how impressed and filled with delight I am to have been able to be a part of it. Do come back again, gents! I feel so happy. Thank you :)

Archived