ROBERT PLANT - LULLABY AND... THE CEASELESS ROAR

sam_webmaster

^^ I'm well pleased you both benefited from the info and were able to get a copy :). Yeah even with international shipping the Nonesuch offer is the better deal - while it's still available... Nice gesture on your part, too, luvlz2, cheers to all :beer:

Only thing that concerns me now is that the vinyl arrives undamaged. All the memories came back of how I used to make sure I did not squash my LP's on the bus coming home from the local store, how I used to have a special cloth to clean the disc before I placed it on the deck and with my limited pocket money I bought those cases you could get to properly store you Lp's.

To be fare although the price of vinyl is expensive is it true that there are only a couple of pressing plants left in the world.

Sad part to this is that it still does not address the lack of viable record shops and from what I read even digital platforms are in trouble.

Thrilled to bits that the EP arrived in todays post. Very well packaged and looks and sounds wonderful. Interesting that the vinyl seems heavier than the type I recall being used when I regularly purchased LP's back in the day.

Thanks for the tip off about the extra copies being made available. Seems ironic I still bought online. Hope that RSD helps to halt the decline of these shops even if it is far too late for my area.

• 2 weeks later...

Via RP/FB:

Yesterday, May 12th, another earthquake shook Nepal. Please supportMusic For Relief and Love Hope Strength in responding to help survivors devastated by these earthquakes. You can help provide direct medical care, food and water during this crucial time.

A benefactor has aggreed to match all funds raised so please donate today your money will go a long way. To give, please go towww.musicforrelief.org/nepal and donate today - thank you.

Be awesome and give what you can.

http://musicforrelief.org/nepal/

• 3 weeks later...

The full Robert Plant interview with Whispering Bob Harris is now available for your listening pleasure :D

600.jpg

WHISPERING BOB'S LEGENDS VAULT EPISODE 1: ROBERT PLANT

This brand new series of exclusive and unheard interviews starts with Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant talking with Whispering Bob Harris about his career, how Led Zeppelin started out, performing on the Old Grey Whistle Test and much more.

You can hear more never-before-heard interviews from music icons in the #LegendsVault every other Friday, exclusively here on audioBoom.

Check it out!: https://audioboom.com/boos/3231771-whispering-bob-s-legends-vault-episode-1-robert-plant

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Slightly OT, but it was mentioned on the previous page that Robert contributed to Ralph Stanley's album Man of Constant Sorrow which has now been nominated for a Grammy in the Best Bluegrass Album category:

Best Bluegrass Album, Grammy Nominees 2016

Donald Teplyske  |  December 7, 2015

"Man of Constant Sorrow" Ralph Stanley & Friends, Red River Entertainment 

"Man of Constant Sorrow"- With a range of guests, from Robert Plant to Welch & Rawlings and McCoury to Lauderdale, this is a tremendous little set that many have not encountered as it is a Cracker Barrel exclusive. My rating: 4/5 My odds of it winning: 30%

You can see the rest of the nominees here: http://www.countrystandardtime.com/blog/FervorCouleeBluegrass/entry.asp?xid=1068

• 3 months later...

Actually after playing the CD version for some time I finally got around to purchasing a vinyl copy of the LATCR LP. A true thing of beauty. Side four has some kind of etching and just looks astonishing.

CD's are convenient but this has had so much care attached from the making of the music to the packaging.

What with this and the Red limited edition disc that arrived earlier this week I can see why the love of vinyl has remained in the hearts of music lovers.

20 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Actually after playing the CD version for some time I finally got around to purchasing a vinyl copy of the LATCR LP. A true thing of beauty. Side four has some kind of etching and just looks astonishing.

CD's are convenient but this has had so much care attached from the making of the music to the packaging.

What with this and the Red limited edition disc that arrived earlier this week I can see why the love of vinyl has remained in the hearts of music lovers.

Visually a thing of beauty but repeated listenings  simply encourage a kind of ennui 

Like most of Plants solo career  you buy hopefully then place it carefully on the shelf after 2-3 plays.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived