"One More Night Live at Southampton" Vinyl Bootleg - Any Good?

lcondo123

I've been rummaging around on eBay for some Led Zepp boots on viny and I came across this. It looks very clean and professional, it even has a Swan Song Germany label on the bottom back of it. I've never heard of this before and I was wondering if anyone has? Is it worth buying? What's the quality of the audio? I haven't found any digital version of this online at all. They also released a vinyl boot of Zepp live at the Fillmore West on 1-11-1969 and its titled "Before the West Was Won." I'll attach a few images below of both and if anyone has some information they'd like to share I would be very grateful! Thanks in advance!

post-27574-0-20835700-1403747462_thumb.j

Cover of "One More Night"

post-27574-0-59786900-1403747477_thumb.j

Back of "One More Night." Note the Swan Song Germany label on the bottom left

post-27574-0-47305800-1403747371_thumb.j

Everything about this record appears to be very high quality

post-27574-0-88656000-1403747500_thumb.j

Front cover of "Before the West Was Won"

post-27574-0-45807600-1403747491_thumb.j

Back of "Before the West Was Won"

Nice! If I were still collecting vinyls I would want those for sure.

I found a good priced copy on eBay and I think I'm going to get it anyways because it looks so nice. I'm still open to any info if anyone has any!

The track listing seems weird. By '73 Misty Mountain Hop segued immediately into SIBLY and to seperate them to different sides surely must be a bit jarring for the listener. Also it seems Dazed is missing. Nice design though.

The track listing seems weird. By '73 Misty Mountain Hop segued immediately into SIBLY and to seperate them to different sides surely must be a bit jarring for the listener. Also it seems Dazed is missing. Nice design though.

Yeah, I noticed that too that Dazed is missing from the setlist. My only guess as to why they did that was to keep everything under three records or else they would have to spread the whole concert out onto three records instead of two. They did do a nice job on everything else though.

Because of my Zeppelin disease, I have both of those albums. I also have the grey splatter vinyl BBC Sessions from the same German Swan Song label. Despite the official looking appearance, I have been informed by knowledgeable sources here that they are indeed bootlegs. I have only listened to the BBC Sessions and Southampton ones so far and the sound is pretty incredible. I do wish the Southampton was complete, though.

Someone on this Forum would have had the Southampton and BBC Sessions vinyl for her birthday if I hadn't spaced out and left my record bag on the subway on my way to the post office. Nobody turned them in to lost & found, unfortunately. Lesson learned.

Ah jeez, that sounds terrible. I'd be kicking myself pretty hard if I had done that. ;_;

Because of my Zeppelin disease, I have both of those albums. I also have the grey splatter vinyl BBC Sessions from the same German Swan Song label. Despite the official looking appearance, I have been informed by knowledgeable sources here that they are indeed bootlegs. I have only listened to the BBC Sessions and Southampton ones so far and the sound is pretty incredible. I do wish the Southampton was complete, though.

Someone on this Forum would have had the Southampton and BBC Sessions vinyl for her birthday if I hadn't spaced out and left my record bag on the subway on my way to the post office. Nobody turned them in to lost & found, unfortunately. Lesson learned.

Ah jeez, that sounds terrible. I'd be kicking myself pretty hard if I had done that. ;_;

Yeah, I was pretty livid. :mad: Someone didn't get the birthday present she ought to have, thanks to my absent-mindedness.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll definitely scratch this one off the list and I'll get it very soon. Yeah, I would still be kicking myself if I did that Strider. Does anyone have a name or picture of the BBC Sessions boot from Swan Song Germany? I've been looking for a few minutes and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't think there is one by Swan Song Germany, mine is from Blimp records, this one

led_zeppelin_bbc_sessions.jpg

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll definitely scratch this one off the list and I'll get it very soon. Yeah, I would still be kicking myself if I did that Strider. Does anyone have a name or picture of the BBC Sessions boot from Swan Song Germany? I've been looking for a few minutes and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't think there is one by Swan Song Germany, mine is from Blimp records, this one

led_zeppelin_bbc_sessions.jpg

I have the Blimp Records boot exactly like that one and it's one of my favorites that I have, the quality is great.

My copy...and yes, it sounds killer!!!!

You could say that again!! That purple vinyl looks sweet man. That's what I love about these vinyl boots, the tons of different colors they get pressed on! The copy I've got is this real bright grabber blue with some marble in there too.

post-27574-0-54780500-1403974298_thumb.j

post-27574-0-51060300-1403974319_thumb.j

It looks great spinning on the turntable!

That copy of Southampton is missing Whole Lotta Love too, seems like they would've just added a third record for that and Dazed.. It's still one of the best quality boots out there though! I think the concert was better than TSRTS shows.

Archived