Vinyl Frontier - Led Zep 4 - Maidenhead July 25th

thelodgeman

There is a vinyl playback event in Maidenhead, Berkshire at Norden Farm in Maidenhead each month, called The Vinyl Frontier, which I attend quite regularly, and on July 25th it features Led Zep 4.

I thought it might be of interest to anyone in the locality on here? I think the tickets are £7 but just check the arts centre website.

Hi - a quick desription of the ones I've been to (Rumours, Revolver, Ziggy, London Calling): the seating is theatre style for about 90 (there's been about 70 punters all times I've been). The chap who hosts does a little intro on how the band came to be where they were at the time of the recording with pics and slides of them often as youngsters/eaqrly band photos etc. He then plays the first side of the album on vinyl (usually a decent copy acquired through eBay I think), on what can only be described as a lottery-winning hi-fi! A local hi-fi distributor supplies the kit I understand as a sponsorship thing. Whilst the album plays there is a slide show of pics and video footage (the lights are down). At first it's slightly disconcerting ('I'm in a room with 70 other people listening to a bloke play a vinyl album?') but it soon feels quite natural!

There's a break for a bar stop (you're allowed drinks in the event though) and then when you reconvene there's a desription of the album artwork and any meaning asscoiated and he plays side 2.

Afterwards there's a few questions and comments. The host doesn't pretend to know everything about an artist but his research usually provides answers to any questions. There's often a band superfan in the audience ready with a answer when I've been!

It's very informal and very relaxed. I highly recommend it. And it's only £7 - hearing an LP on that sound system is probably worth a fiver!

Hey thanks - that's really kind of cool. I kind of do the same thing but its in my house. We just pass the bong around while listening to our fav LP's on a mid-level vintage system.

I'd like to get tuned up & go to an even tike this. Anyone in Saint Charles, Illinois want to host one of these at the Arcada? Just thinking out loud - thanks!

Archived