Key to the highway / Trouble in mind: confirmed tuning, chords/tabs & lyrics?

Hello, I am trying to learn Key to the highway / Trouble in mind from the LZIII Companion Disc on guitar and vocals. I am still a newbie, so I can't pull it off by ear.

Does anyone know the:

- guitar tuning? I've read open G but I'm not sure.

- chords (or tabs looks more like it)

- lyrics? (I know the lyrics to the standard, but Robert throws in a few working ad libs for justice ("I eat my breakfast...")

I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys and girls could offer!

Thanks in advance.

PS: Used the search function to no avail. If this has been already asked and answered, please feel free to delete.

"Key to the Highway" is an old blues tune, so I am sure you can find the chords on the internet. Just do an internet search on "Key to the Highway." I'm a novice guitarist myself, but I find once you know the chords you can see what key it is in and go from there. Why play something exactly the same way someone else played it anyway?

I haven't learned it verbatm but based on my memory from listening to the tune it is in the key of C so the guitar is tuned in a way that has the low E tuned to a low C. I will have to listen to it later to see what tuning is used but the chords themselved are essentially just a twelve bar blues form

I am guessing the tuning is the same as Roy Harper which is C - G - C - G - C - E

"Key to the Highway" is an old blues tune, so I am sure you can find the chords on the internet. Just do an internet search on "Key to the Highway." I'm a novice guitarist myself, but I find once you know the chords you can see what key it is in and go from there. Why play something exactly the same way someone else played it anyway?

You must play better than me! I need to learn it how it is in the first place, then go after perfecting it and adding whatever flavour. Step by step is my approach. I know Key and Trouble are standards, and I have indeed found results for Clapton's versions and whatnot. I just wanted to ask around if someone's trying to learn and has some tips. Thanks anyway!

I haven't learned it verbatm but based on my memory from listening to the tune it is in the key of C so the guitar is tuned in a way that has the low E tuned to a low C. I will have to listen to it later to see what tuning is used but the chords themselved are essentially just a twelve bar blues form

I am guessing the tuning is the same as Roy Harper which is C - G - C - G - C - E

Cool, that's a first! It's really not a lot of notes, but those bluesy turnarounds... I'll try around - thank you very much! Lyrics are also (obviously) different and since I'm not a native english speaker, I can't understand certain lines.

Archived