Make Robert Plants video ..... ( competition )

slave to zep

You would think that the established music video directors would be lining up to work with an artist of Plant's stature. He's offering $3.000 to the winner. What is the usual going rate for a music video from an established studio?

I have no idea, but it would surely be much more than that.... ?

i thought some Plant or Zeppelin fan would jump at the chance!

Hi:

I see this competition is also posted on Robert's Facebook page...there are a couple of media arts schools in the London Ontario area but I think the students are still off for summer break..

Juliet

that is a shame - hope they hear about it and have a go!

I was so excited for this when I first saw it posted on Facebook. I spent the majority of last weekend creating a video. It's simple, but I like it. But then I read the Terms and it just all seems so complicated to me. It just kinda made me NOT want to enter the competition. So right now I'm undecided on what to do.

The nice thing is I listened to "Rainbow" so much while making the video, that I pretty much fell in LOVE with the song. Absolutely beautiful...

I was so excited for this when I first saw it posted on Facebook. I spent the majority of last weekend creating a video. It's simple, but I like it. But then I read the Terms and it just all seems so complicated to me. It just kinda made me NOT want to enter the competition. So right now I'm undecided on what to do.

The nice thing is I listened to "Rainbow" so much while making the video, that I pretty much fell in LOVE with the song. Absolutely beautiful...

hello dear - long time no see!

Oh, do give it a go, you never know and after all, you have made the video already, so send it in!

Good luck :)

Saw the competition on FaceBook too. Please don't give up and give the competition a go. You'll never know.....................

Good luck!

Maaike

• 1 month later...

Hi Roxie! Always nice to see you here. I agree with everyone..and you never know :)

Thanks Deborah! :wave:

Well, I decided not to enter the competition. Mainly because I used Google images, which would have disqualified me anyways. But judging from the entries I saw, I wouldn't have stood a chance!!

So I thought I'd post it here, so at least it will be worth it for me. What a beautiful song...

Hi Roxie!!! :wave:

Well from one forum member to another at least you made a great video and thanks for sharing with us. :thumbsup:

It is a beautiful song indeed:-) After I take care of some yard work I am listening to the album again..with headphones. Listening to it on vinyl on a good sound system with headphones (real ones), is quite a wonderful experience. I love all of the songs but as I have stated a day or so ago A Stolen Kiss is magnificent...and it has been stuck in my head since I listened to it. I think it is literally one of the best songs that Robert has ever done...IMHO :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Deborah! :wave:

Well, I decided not to enter the competition. Mainly because I used Google images, which would have disqualified me anyways. But judging from the entries I saw, I wouldn't have stood a chance!!

So I thought I'd post it here, so at least it will be worth it for me. What a beautiful song...

Great job, Roxie! Thanks for sharing your video, I enjoyed your interpretation of a fantastic song! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived