New Led Zep Fan :)

BecZep

Hey guys...

I guess this is the place to say hello and stuff.

My name's Bec. I'm 27 years old from Manchester, England...now currently living somewhere in the countryside near Rochdale...I just got into Led Zeppelin about three months ago and I'm really quite hooked.

I'd listened to them a few times when I was about 15 or 16, and I owned a couple of their albums, but at the time I was massively into The Who so I never really appreciated LZ as much and to be honest, I don't think I really "got" their music. I don't know what it is or whether it's just time that's made a difference, maturity or whatever...or maybe I just wasn't ready for the mighty Zep yet...

But recently, I ended up listening to them by accident because one of my friends really likes them and we had an album on in the car whilst we were driving somewhere and it just really hit me between the eyeballs, especially since I remembered or knew quite a few of the songs anyway. There was something about it though, that was different this time and it just kind of...got me.

So then I dug out my old albums and bought the rest to make up the collection and it's basically all I've been listening to every day for the past two months. I also must really really thank Led Zeppelin because they've made me want to pick up a guitar again. I've been playing since I was 13 and have always been in bands, but then two years ago I went through a bad break up (relationship & band!), and I sort of lost the drive for it for a while and ended up selling all my gear. Now I've just got one old battered acoustic, but I've been finding it difficult to listen to Led Zep without getting the urge to play along, or at least try to. Getting the hang of Jimmy's riffs is a new challenge for me...especially considering I'm out of practice.

Anyway, this has been a much longer introduction than I was intending.

I don't know how often I'll post on here because I'm quite busy and am a member on some other forums too, but I'll certainly try and check in regularly. :)

Thanks guys!

And oh crap, that's a difficult question...

Well, right now, my favourite album overall is probably Led Zeppelin I, but my favourite song is Out On The Tiles. :)

Hiya BecZep! :wave:

I believe I 'met' you for the first time in these forums, on that amazing thread, where the wonderful Strider shared his experiences about listening Led Zeppelin I for the first time, as a little boy. :)

Nice to see someone here, who belongs to my age group. I will be turning 27, later this year.

Welcome aboard to one of the best forums on the internet! I joined in June, 2010 and 4 years later, I'm still around posting! Never thought I'll be able to last out this long on an internet forum, BUT this forum is different! There is something incredibly special about this place and of course, Led Zeppelin!

My favourite song by Led Zeppelin (at the moment) is "Tea For One".

Right, I better quit my 'rambling on', before I end up writing a book! :lol:

Archived