Incorrect label on Led Zeppelin II deluxe remastered 2 LP vinyl?

Pete57

Hi all

I've just bought a new Led Zeppelin II vinyl double disc remaster on Amazon from a company in Australia (for just £19) and it was sent to me in the UK by airmail via Hong Kong. It turned up and was all well packaged and sealed and looks perfect but when I opened it, disc one is the correct Led Zeppelin II disc but has the Led Zeppelin I label. Anyone else experienced this? It sounds great to me so I'm sure it's not a bootleg edition or anything, but is this unique? Does this make it a real collector's item? Or doesn't it make any difference? Or have I been ripped off? I don't really care that much but just curious. Cheers

Hi all

I've just bought a new Led Zeppelin II vinyl double disc remaster on Amazon from a company in Australia (for just £19) and it was sent to me in the UK by airmail via Hong Kong. It turned up and was all well packaged and sealed and looks perfect but when I opened it, disc one is the correct Led Zeppelin II disc but has the Led Zeppelin I label. Anyone else experienced this? It sounds great to me so I'm sure it's not a bootleg edition or anything, but is this unique? Does this make it a real collector's item? Or doesn't it make any difference? Or have I been ripped off? I don't really care that much but just curious. Cheers

I don't know if your pressing is legit or not, but mislabeled pressings are far more common than people think. They do attract collector interest, but generally of marginal value. You could probably add 20-50% to the book value of the item, depending on the collectibiity of tbe pressing itself. Nice to have, but it won't make you rich.

Archived