'laugh' in TSRTS Dazed & Confused..?

RIP-IT-UP

In all the versions of D&C that I know of,(from TSRTS- i have VHS; Beta tapes; CD's; and all the DVD's Thru Blu-Ray), there's a weird laugh in the 2rd verse( time 3:39) after careful consideration over many years (and scrutiny of the tracks available); it's not Page's guitar-nor Plant's voice. It has to be an overdub, or someone had access to a mike at the time of the concert (Roy Harper?-he was there). Anyone? Note that there's a really old review of the movie that states that : Plant had the audience "laughing" at his vocal antics during the song...but clearly, this is an isolated, purposeful dub. Another angle is that Bonham was apparently displeased with the "lack of humour" in the movie-maybe it's him?

Edited by RIP-IT-UP

In all the versions of D&C that I know of,(from TSRTS- i have VHS; Beta tapes; CD's; and all the DVD's Thru Blu-Ray), there's a weird laugh in the 2rd verse( time 3:39) after careful consideration over many years (and scrutiny of the tracks available); it's not Page's guitar-nor Plant's voice. It has to be an overdub, or someone had access to a mike at the time of the concert (Roy Harper?-he was there). Anyone? Note that there's a really old review of the movie that states that : Plant had the audience "laughing" at his vocal antics during the song...but clearly, this is an isolated, purposeful dub. Another angle is that Bonham was apparently displeased with the "lack of humour" in the movie-maybe it's him?

It's Jimmy guitar, not a laugh. However, Roy Harper was there and if you watch very carefully during Whole Lotta Love you'll see Roy in the shadows of stage left shaking a small black rubber gorilla at Robert.

First of all:

1. I personally do not hear a laughing moment in which you are referring.

2. I like the segment between Jonesy and Bonzo when They are both facing each other and Jonesy plays a note and Bonzo shakes his head in disagreement (at the 6.04 mark) and then Jonesy slightly raises His hand to Bonzo and then Henry does a quick drum beat and Jonesy shakes His head in approval. This 10-15 seconds of actual filmed interaction between the two, somehow seems to Me to Epitomize the relationships between 2 of the Best Musicians of All-Time.

3. I hear Robert Plant sing: "You're going to meet a lot of Devil People there". Not "Gentle" people there.

Just what I see, hear and Believe.

Edited by kingzoso

Apparently not careful enough. :blink:

2. I like the segment between Jonesy and Bonzo when They are both facing each other and Jonesy plays a note and Bonzo shakes his head in disagreement (at the 6.04 mark) and then Jonesy slightly raises His hand to Bonzo and then Henry does a quick drum beat and Jonesy shakes His head in approval. This 10-15 seconds of actual filmed interaction between the two, somehow seems to Me to Epitomize the relationships between 2 of the Best Musicians of All-Time.

the best, honest and amazing scene in the whole film! the position of the cameraman adds so much rather than peeking past the toms and cymbals, almost like being at a rehearsal!

Edited by henrybonzo

Sounds like 'Dental people' to me. Maybe there's a lot of good dentists/orthodontists in San Francisco. :D

Yes! In July 2005 Robert was dining at Kokkari Restaurant in San Francisco when he popped one of his dental crowns. He was referred to co-owner Kenny Frangadakis who had a dentist office in Cupertino. However, Frangadakis referred Robert to Dr. Michael Fox's office in Laurel Village as it was much closer than his.

Yes! In July 2005 Robert was dining at Kokkari Restaurant in San Francisco when he popped one of his dental crowns. He was referred to co-owner Kenny Frangadakis who had a dentist office in Cupertino. However, Frangadakis referred Robert to Dr. Michael Fox's office in Laurel Village as it was much closer than his.

Wow! I had no idea I was just being cheeky! :lol: Thanks for the knowledge!

My absolute favorite part of the whole movie.

Edited by Glyn

An other one moment of this movie,which I can't stop watching,Is the moment between Robert and Jimmy at the end of the show... <3

jimmy-page-o.gif

So lovely..

First of all:

1. I personally do not hear a laughing moment in which you are referring.

3. I hear Robert Plant sing: "You're going to meet a lot of Devil People there". Not "Gentle" people there.

Just what I see, hear and Believe.

1. its guitar, its like a double time pick thing, with the wah.

2. i could watch that camera angle for the whole movie.

-m

Nah Nah! The best part is during Dazed when the camera does a close up to Jimmy's eye and then we go back stage to see some guy being run down by security guards. He gets past a weird suit who clenches his fist and makes a face as if to say "just let me get my hands on him" After they grab him they take him in a room and probably beat the snot out of him. They show him come looking quite dazed! ;)

That's the best part of the TSRTS :yesnod:

Edited by juxtiphi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...