Mr. Page book signing NYC Nov 5

Morgan Rudolph

I have a ticket for the event on Nov 3. I'd love to stay in town a few days longer for this but........the line will probably start immediately after the show on Monday! Not sure my Florida blood can wait for hours in freezing November NY temps.

How does one get a ticket to this? Hell, being from Minnesota originally, if I have to, I'll stand in line in my underwear in the (warm) NY winter to finally get to say hello to Jimmy!

There are no tickets but they may be doing a wristband type thing as it will sure to be big. I will only say you may have had to buy the book. I work at a B & N 8 miles from where I live and that's sort of how it works. I would love to go to this too. If it was at the big store in Boston it would be much easier. :)

How does one get a ticket to this? Hell, being from Minnesota originally, if I have to, I'll stand in line in my underwear in the (warm) NY winter to finally get to say hello to Jimmy!

I said have a ticket to the lecture he is giving on Monday, not the book signing he's doing on Wednesday.

aen27 - how does this wristband thing work? I've never been to a book signing before. I wonder if it will be just be an insane mob of chaos.

aen27 - how does this wristband thing work? I've never been to a book signing before. I wonder if it will be just be an insane mob of chaos.

If they are doing it that way, usually you have to have the book and come earlier in the day and they would put on you. When Jimmy Carter came to my store, they had the entire store roped off so people would stay in line. It looks like the Union Square store is much bigger. I wish I could remember how the Coop did it in Cambridge went I met Ginger Rogers. It looks like a lot of known people come on a regular basis as I was looking at their schudle, so I am sure they will have some kind of order, but I agree that people will get there very early.

OK, I'll try again, how does one get a ticket to THAT?

I believe they are sold out. My friend that will be attending with me just paid 400.00 for a ticket.

Look under this topic in the forum. there are links to the venue:

"Jimmy Page to give a talk on his photo autobiography on November 3 in NYC"

I am sure Aen is correct about the wristbands being used for the signing. I went to a signing for one of my favourite tattoo artist's and they used a wristband for her book signing. You did have to go down early in the day and there were a set number of wristbands to be distributed. I would not be surprised if people lined up early just to get the wristbands. I am sure it will be crazy as it is not like he is doing an entire book signing tour....this is a one time event where people will come from all over I suspect.

I am sure Aen is correct about the wristbands being used for the signing. I went to a signing for one of my favourite tattoo artist's and they used a wristband for her book signing. You did have to go down early in the day and there were a set number of wristbands to be distributed. I would not be surprised if people lined up early just to get the wristbands. I am sure it will be crazy as it is not like he is doing an entire book signing tour....this is a one time event where people will come from all over I suspect.

This signing will certainly be far bigger than the the event with the tattoo artist you went to see! But then again, I'm not at all into tattoos in any way! This is Jimmy Page and completely different and I'm sure there will be a bit of media coverage.

This signing will certainly be far bigger than the the event with the tattoo artist you went to see! But then again, I'm not at all into tattoos in any way! This is Jimmy Page and completely different and I'm sure there will be a bit of media coverage.

Oh lolol!! I certainly wasn't comparing the two! That is apples and oranges.. I was just making mention of having been at a book signing where wristbands were involved. Yes the Page event will be huge! I hope it will be highly organized and fair to all - meaning they know exactly how many people will get in for the signing and stop the line there.The signing I went to was supposed to be a 2 hour event and it turned into a 4 hour one as they messed up the line and she was kind enough to stay till the last person's book was signed, which I thought was very kind of her to do. I can't imagine Mr Page being there for 4 + hours considering the turnout for his event I think will be insane!

I will have to arrange to miss at least 4 days of work as well. I was planning on flying to New York Monday AM for the lecture & take the redeye home. Back to work by noon Tues. This changes everything.

When do you think they will be issuing the wristbands? The morning of? The day before? Either way I'm sure there will be a huge line up.

BTW the weekend before is Halloween. It would be a dream trip to spend the weekend in Salem MA and take the train up to NY.

Keep checking the B&N website for that store and they'll post the details. And yes, it's probably by wristband.

On another note, StubHub has tickets left for the Nov 3 lecture at the 92nd St Y. They are in the hundreds at this point, but I happened across mine on the Y's website just last week even after they posted it was sold out. So they are still releasing tickets.

But the most amusing text on Stub Hub was for some high-priced orchestra center seats within the first few rows that say "Age restriction: Under 35 only."

Having spent (way too many) years in the music publicity business, that smacks of house seats that someone - agent's staff, publicist,etc - is selling and wants to pepper the crowd with young faces for JP.

Seriously. I can't say what I want to say.

Keep checking the B&N website for that store and they'll post the details. And yes, it's probably by wristband.

On another note, StubHub has tickets left for the Nov 3 lecture at the 92nd St Y. They are in the hundreds at this point, but I happened across mine on the Y's website just last week even after they posted it was sold out. So they are still releasing tickets.

But the most amusing text on Stub Hub was for some high-priced orchestra center seats within the first few rows that say "Age restriction: Under 35 only."

Having spent (way too many) years in the music publicity business, that smacks of house seats that someone - agent's staff, publicist,etc - is selling and wants to pepper the crowd with young faces for JP.

Seriously. I can't say what I want to say

Indeed, most amusing.

• 2 months later...

Archived