Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

One of the reasons why I like the Hamburg video I posted is I think it provides an accurate representation of the overall experience. There's no question Keith struggles at times, but I don't think his playing has degraded to the extent that Berry's did in his late 80s. I don't think Mick is phoning it in at all. If anything, he's attempting to compensate for the band's diminished  energy and physicality onstage and for the most part succeeding. They've added some new tracks to the setlist and incorporated a fan vote, which is about as much can be expected at this point. They're not gonna play deep cuts from the back catalog. The prices are outrageous, but people seem to be paying them. All that said, I do think it's time they draw the curtain down on the band before the Reaper does. In so doing, they can be very meticulous about how they go out. I'd like to see them do one last tour, but it would be kept short (about six weeks) and limited (about six cities, with three dates in each city). Each of the six cities would get a theater show, an arena show and a stadium show. I'm talking NYC, Chicago, LA, Tokyo, Frankfurt & London. Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman would be part of the London shows. This is my suggestion.    

It's about time they came back to Liverpool, I'm sick of traveling for gigs,  even Manchester which is only an hour away (traffic dependant) is too far. Liverpool Echo Arena is only twenty mins/half an hour away (again traffic dependant).  No way am I ever going to London for a gig again, too far too expensive and too time consuming..

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I recorded and watched the concert at Hyde Park in 2013 and I was very impressed at how good they were.  At this age.  Jagger looked half his age.  Richard actually played very well.  I had to look very hard to find Mick Taylor,  as he was announced to make a special appearance.  But he did nothing to the magnitude of "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" , my favorite Stones album of all time.  Live album of course.  Sticky Fingers is right up there and Some Girls, the album that put Ron Wood on the map.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rock star by which all others are measured.

48360028_10213270474377512_7559050008968822784_o.thumb.jpg.305b196fa63a3b4a1bf8b88bb06f1103.jpg

Can you believe Keith Richards made it to 75? Who'd a thunk it? If someone in 1972 had told you that Keef Riffhard would live to see 75, you would have said he was nuts. He didn't appear destined to live out the 1970s.

1f41402979fa9cf221cfb02f3d8b115c.thumb.jpg.6cd9bedb2dab28578642258ffe9bba4f.jpg

So, a big happy 75th birthday wish to Keef! Here's to 75 years of hard riffin' and hard livin'. Scientists will study this man's DNA someday.

P6.jpg.10d1ab2f30d86dcc88c7cc5d91346ee3.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ridiculous. Ok, maybe I shouldn't judge from these 3 seconds that are shown in the video but I cannot see these ballet moves fit to the music in any way. Let's be happy that there is no Rolling Stones musical. The ballet seems to have the original music at least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...