Long Beach California: March 11 1975

nick2632

--- After listening to and enjoying the spectacular MSG 2/12/75 performance a month earlier for quite some time, I stumbled across this beautiful performance in sunny California. Completely different vibe from a snowy cold New York night to a nice warm California evening...

--- It seems like many fans dismiss the majority of '75 performances besides Earl's Court 5/24-5/25, which I also did for years until I realized the sound quality for many of these shows is ALMOST as excellent as TSRTS, these are some really great concerts to listen to in general, and Plant's voice may have been pretty bad towards the start of the tour but was pretty good by March and IMHO he sounded better on material from HOTH and PG then if he had his '69 voice. I really wonder why Page doesn't release this concert or MSG 2/12/75 officially, they are both pretty good shows in excellent quality, which require very few modifications if any!

--- Anyway the reason why I decided to post this is because I wanted to share this wonderful concert with other fans who may have dismissed this show in the past or have forgot about it.

--- I have a question myself: Everything I have seen has said this concert was only recorded as an audience recording which I don't believe because the recording I have definitely is soundboard quality, it sounds much clearer than LA '77 shows and has very little audience noise. So if the copy you have is audience I must say there is a new soundboard copy that exists that sounds perfect!

--- Highlights of the show: Excellent performance of Rain Song, Kashmir (Jonsey had the mellotron turned up on this track), No Quarter, Stairway To Heaven (best version in '75 IMHO), Whole Lotta Love > The Crunge (I THINK this may be the fullest live version of The Crunge which was pretty dang groovy)

--- Please feel free to share any thoughts, comments, pictures, or video, (if any exists which probably doesn't), also list any similar shows that you think were better around this era, and of course please tell us if you happened to attend this wonderful show. :)

--- P.S. I wish I could tell you which boot I have of this, but I downloaded of it for free and the only information it had was 'Led Zeppelin Long Beach CA. 11.3.1975-Song Title' I have tried comparing it with other boots of this concert, but have yet to find a complete match. Long Beach 03/11/1975!!!!! Keep on rocking friends!

Hmm I haven't listened to this show in ages, I'm definitely gonna put it on and get back with y'all!

Just started and HOLY CRAP I forgot how incredible the sound quality is, one of the best soundboards ever, I just need to find a good matrix and I'll be set, a matrix with a soundboard of this quality and Mike Millards audience tape is bound to be perfect

--- After listening to and enjoying the spectacular MSG 2/12/75 performance a month earlier for quite some time, I stumbled across this beautiful performance in sunny California. Completely different vibe from a snowy cold New York night to a nice warm California evening...

--- It seems like many fans dismiss the majority of '75 performances besides Earl's Court 5/24-5/25, which I also did for years until I realized the sound quality for many of these shows is ALMOST as excellent as TSRTS, these are some really great concerts to listen to in general, and Plant's voice may have been pretty bad towards the start of the tour but was pretty good by March and IMHO he sounded better on material from HOTH and PG then if he had his '69 voice. I really wonder why Page doesn't release this concert or MSG 2/12/75 officially, they are both pretty good shows in excellent quality, which require very few modifications if any!

--- Anyway the reason why I decided to post this is because I wanted to share this wonderful concert with other fans who may have dismissed this show in the past or have forgot about it.

--- I have a question myself: Everything I have seen has said this concert was only recorded as an audience recording which I don't believe because the recording I have definitely is soundboard quality, it sounds much clearer than LA '77 shows and has very little audience noise. So if the copy you have is audience I must say there is a new soundboard copy that exists that sounds perfect!

--- Highlights of the show: Excellent performance of Rain Song, Kashmir (Jonsey had the mellotron turned up on this track), No Quarter, Stairway To Heaven (best version in '75 IMHO), Whole Lotta Love > The Crunge (I THINK this may be the fullest live version of The Crunge which was pretty dang groovy)

--- Please feel free to share any thoughts, comments, pictures, or video, (if any exists which probably doesn't), also list any similar shows that you think were better around this era, and of course please tell us if you happened to attend this wonderful show. :)

--- P.S. I wish I could tell you which boot I have of this, but I downloaded of it for free and the only information it had was 'Led Zeppelin Long Beach CA. 11.3.1975-Song Title' I have tried comparing it with other boots of this concert, but have yet to find a complete match. Long Beach 03/11/1975!!!!! Keep on rocking friends!

Why listen to a flat soundboard when you could have an atmospheric, natural sounding Mike Millard recording, especially a Winston Remaster?

Well after comparing all the boots to my copy, the only match I found was actually a aud/sbd matrix! (please correct me if that's not what a matrix is, so I don't sound stupid on here lol) It's The American Return/Godfathers boot which I can only find disc 1 to it but I have the entire cd with that quality. Anyone know how to upload song files on here?! I would be more than glad to share a different copy with everyone.

?

Excellent show indeed. I can't help it but I like that '75 tour. Be sure to check out the shows at Vancouver, march 19 & 20 '75. Excellent sound quality too and great performances!

Same here! All of the shows are pretty dang good! I have yet to listen to the full Vancouver 3/19 show but I've listened to No Quarter a few times recently and that's one of my favorite versions of it same goes for Kashmir and Rain Song from that night.

• 11 months later...

I know most people like SBD's. But really, the show from the next night is better. Even tho its an AUD recording. Its a really good one, some of the best. and this show is amazing! Really awesome version of dazed too!

Yep, that's Mike 'The Mic' Millard, same dude that recorded 3/24, 3/25, and 3/27/1975 and 6/19, 6/21, 6/23, 6/25, and 6/27/1977. He also got the last 4 songs of 3/12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Millard

http://www.uuweb.led-zeppelin.us/tapers.html

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/6498/the-tragic-tale-of-a-legendary-concert-taper/

Yep, that's Mike 'The Mic' Millard, same dude that recorded 3/24, 3/25, and 3/27/1975 and 6/19, 6/21, 6/23, 6/25, and 6/27/1977. He also got the last 4 songs of 3/12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Millard

http://www.uuweb.led-zeppelin.us/tapers.html

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/6498/the-tragic-tale-of-a-legendary-concert-taper/

Yeah i know. He just passed away recently i heard. Yes thanks to Mike Millard, we got to hear some of the best zep concerts! Like the LA 77 shows! And yes i know about the last part of the 3-12 show, thats almost my most favorite show from 75! Dazed is really really awesome from that night! I am uploading that show next to my youtube page :)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. So, I purchased a 3-11-75 board on ebay and it definitely runs too fast. How can I slow it down to proper speed? What software do I use? It's really a shame, because the sq is really good, but after a couple songs I found it unlistenable b/c of the speed issue! 

Both Long Beach 75's are personal faves...the soundboard for 3/11 is excellent, but I actually prefer the Millard recording, it's terrific and there's more audience atmosphere.  That said, it's been a while since I listened to the board, so I'm going to happily give that one a spin soon.

3/12 is a mammoth show, hands down one of the best 75 gigs imo.  The audience recording not done by Millard is a little rough around the edges, but again there's a good atmosphere and the less vibrant sound gives the show some added heft imo.  Millard got the last part of the show and of course that's a great recording as well.

Nice thread, nick2632, can't believe I missed it for 2 1/2 years!  

22 hours ago, White Phone said:

Both Long Beach 75's are personal faves...the soundboard for 3/11 is excellent, but I actually prefer the Millard recording, it's terrific and there's more audience atmosphere.  That said, it's been a while since I listened to the board, so I'm going to happily give that one a spin soon.

3/12 is a mammoth show, hands down one of the best 75 gigs imo.  The audience recording not done by Millard is a little rough around the edges, but again there's a good atmosphere and the less vibrant sound gives the show some added heft imo.  Millard got the last part of the show and of course that's a great recording as well.

Nice thread, nick2632, can't believe I missed it for 2 1/2 years!  

3-12 is at least as good as 3-21 in Seattle, I often think it's THE best of '75.  3-11 has its moments (brilliant STH, hot TU, interesting [if slightly sluggish] NQ), but like too many '75 shows suffers from a lot of unevenness. 

On 12/15/2016 at 10:38 PM, SymphonyX said:

Some parts of the show sound fast but would not say unlistenable.   This program will do the trick

http://www.anotherwindowsblog.com/2010/04/how-to-easily-adjust-song-pitchspeed.html

What program did you use to do splicing you posted in other thread ?

Thanks!. It is really something quite crude called FreeMP3cutter. :lol: Does the trick though.

What's the correct speed for this 3-11-75? Anybody here done the adjustment?

Archived