Binge Watching favorites (TV)

Virginia

Doing another run through The West Wing, following along with Joshua Malina and Hrishikesh Hirway's podcast, "The West Wing Weekly". This is very cool if you haven't heard of it yet; they are working through the entire series, covering an episode each Wednesday; talking with cast and crew. They've just finished the last episode of Season 1.

Here's a link to the podcast:

http://thewestwingweekly.com/about/

The cast and crew apparently still do appearances together from time to time; they have included some other related stuff on the website.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"Vietnam"

I enjoy watching history shows, but some of this footage still jars my earliest memories of watching television and life itself.  Dad jumping up during dinner to slam off the tv because of dead bodies....neighbors going off to fight....watching the draft.  Very interesting to see the war told from the side of the North Vietnamese.  Also quite a trip watching people like Morley Safer and Dan Rather as young men covering the events of this war in the field.  Knowing so many who fought, I bet they still struggle to watch this stuff 50 years later.  Ken Burns rocks ! 

On 9/25/2017 at 5:27 AM, Bong-Man said:

"Vietnam"

I enjoy watching history shows, but some of this footage still jars my earliest memories of watching television and life itself.  Dad jumping up during dinner to slam off the tv because of dead bodies....neighbors going off to fight....watching the draft.  Very interesting to see the war told from the side of the North Vietnamese.  Also quite a trip watching people like Morley Safer and Dan Rather as young men covering the events of this war in the field.  Knowing so many who fought, I bet they still struggle to watch this stuff 50 years later.  Ken Burns rocks ! 

I love this series and every damn thing Ken Burns has done, the man is a genius! However, he really needs to do something about that ridiculous toupee he wears. Looks like a marsupial is sleeping on his head.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the whole series of "House of Cards" and there was one mention of Led Zeppelin.  President Frank Underwwod (Kevin Spacey) was telling someone that Gerald Ford's son used to take his friends up to the White House roof and play Led Zeppelin.

Good show, by the way.  

• 1 month later...

Prison Break, Smithsonian, are two I love.  I just watched the Revenant with Di Caprio.  The scene with the Bear, can you believe it was done by a stunt man? In the Edge the late great Bart the bear who was also in "The Bear" in the 80s was the trained bear.  I think parts are done with a real bear, has to be.  But its quite a job they do using a stunt man to play a bear.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Binged all 10 episodes over the weekend.... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ! 

Robert Wise's 1963's The Haunting is one of my favorite horror movies of all time and this new mini series is just as fantastic.  The character development is deep and ongoing throughout the entire series,  and Timothy Hutton's performance is great. He delivers so much subtle nuance in this role, it's refreshing to watch.

download.jpg