Binge Watching favorites (TV)

Virginia

What are your favorite tv series to binge watch on Netflix (or whatever)? I will soon be ready for another. and am considering Sherlock, based on friends' recommendations.

So far I've gone through Game of Thrones, The Tudors and am just starting season 6 of 7 for The West Wing (my all-time favorite series; it's just as good the second time around!)

My daughters and I will also often sit down and go through several episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, although not in order.

Others?

Here's a great West Wing moment:

Recently binge-watched Season 2 of "Orphan Black" via Amazon instant video. Awhile back binge-watched six and a half seasons of "Supernatural" in two and a half months; had to buy the dvds.

These shows are so much better binge-watched because you don't forget what happened in the previous episodes.

Didn't like "Game of Thrones," too many beheadings and dismemberments.

In the past few months, I binged on a lot of my classic sitcom favorites--Bewitched, Sanford and Son, Get Smart, plus my usual doses of the Three Stooges and watching both seasons of the old Abbott and Costello tv show.

It's left me to wonder what I should dive into next--I was thinking, it's been awhile since I binged on Frasier, maybe that will be my next thing to do in the coming months...

Edited by paul carruthers

In the past few months, I binged on a lot of my classic sitcom favorites--Bewitched, Sanford and Son, Get Smart, plus my usual doses of the Three Stooges and watching both seasons of the old Abbott and Costello tv show.

It's left me to wonder what I should dive into next--I was thinking, it's been awhile since I binged on Frasier, maybe that will be my next thing to do in the coming months...

get some Marx Brothers stuff :)

Last summer I watched all the seasons of the Waltons, and my hubby bought me season 1 and 2 of Little House on The Prairie, but it's not compatable here :( I would love to see those again.....

Well unfortunately, Netflix isn't available in my neck of the woods, so that's why I rely on websites such as DailyMotion.com (and even Youtube!) for my (practically) daily dose of vintage British comedy.

Shows that I really tend to binge on include:

Bless This House

The Young Ones

Sorry

Are You Being Served?

Keeping Up Appearances

George and Mildred

Fawlty Towers

Oh and as for Drama Series are concerned, the shows I tend to binge watch are:

Downton Abbey

The Tudors

JAG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

New shows we've binged on this summer have included for us:

The Last Ship

The Strain

Defiance (new to me, not Mrs. Walter)

The Leftovers

Flip or Flop

Love It or List It

The last two we binged on a couple of times - now they need to come out with new ones!

Edited by Walter

Good ones! A few years ago, I binged on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Dragnet on Nick at Nite; not sure if the network is still around, but those were also great series :)

get some Marx Brothers stuff :)

Last summer I watched all the seasons of the Waltons, and my hubby bought me season 1 and 2 of Little House on The Prairie, but it's not compatable here :( I would love to see those again.....

Great ones! I think we've chatted about The Waltons before :)

Well unfortunately, Netflix isn't available in my neck of the woods, so that's why I rely on websites such as DailyMotion.com (and even Youtube!) for my (practically) daily dose of vintage British comedy.

Shows that I really tend to binge on include:

Bless This House

The Young Ones

Sorry

Are You Being Served?

Keeping Up Appearances

George and Mildred

Fawlty Towers

Oh and as for Drama Series are concerned, the shows I tend to binge watch are:

Downton Abbey

The Tudors

JAG

I forgot Downton Abbey! How did you like The Tudors?

Walter, Reswati, ScarletMacaw, Redrum; thanks for the suggestions! :)

Edited by Virginia

Hi Virginia!

You know how much I love NCIS (The original) . That is the one show that I can watch back to back episodes for hours..and I have Dish with hundreds of channels. I watched the Tudors when it was on and bought the DVD's but I have not sat down to watch them in a while. I can tell you if The Blacklist and Elementary stay on for years and they do marathons of those you can add them to my list :yesnod:

^^reswati, the Walking Dead is filmed about ten minutes from the hotel I work for..what a following that show has! I have never watched it. :peace:

I forgot Downton Abbey! How did you like The Tudors?

Hi Virginia! :wave:

I am really addicted to period dramas! Apart from "Downton Abbey" and "The Tudors", I also forgot to mention that I binge watch the fantastic "Upstairs Downstairs" (both the original classic 1971 series and the short-lived 2010 remake).

My mom and myself love "The Tudors"! Yes, it is historically inaccurate, but so addictive! Never did I imagine that I would actually be watching something like a soap opera about the life of Henry the VIII! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I recently binge watched the first 2 series of The Vikings on a rainy weekend.

It's not historically perfect, but it's pretty close. Certainly not for the squeamish (I walked away after one particular episode and nearly gave up)

MV5BMTkyNTc3MDM4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ3

And if binge watching includes watching the first 3 episodes of Outlander about 10 times each, then i'll also include the delicious new Outlander series.

I've read all 8 books by Diana Gabaldon, which is the story the tv show is based on. Absolutely loved all the books and am thoroughly enjoying the series too.

MV5BNjkwODYzMzE1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE4

I've spent entire days watching Beavis and Butthead, the Simpsons, or King of the Hill. :P

NCIS marathons are hard to escape, especially with the way they start.

Speaking of the Simpsons, there's a 12 day marathon on FXX right now...every Simpsons ever. They are on day 6 or 7 I think.

Edited by Glyn

I've spent entire days watching Beavis and Butthead, the Simpsons, or King of the Hill. :P

Speaking of the Simpsons, there's a 12 day marathon on FXX right now...every Simpsons ever. They are on day 6 or 7 I think.

:gimmefive: Got in on right now in my living room! Just saw the one where Marge accidentally gets breast implants. :lol:

You guys make me feel like a man-child, all I watch is cartoons! :lol:

Family Guy

American Dad

Cleveland Show

South Park

King of the Hill

Regular Show

Teen Titans Go!

Beavis and Butthead

Well, you're not the only one who watches a lot of cartoons! I binge watch Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons regularly (both online and offline)! In fact, I've got 4 DVDs packed with Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts and the 5th one is on its away from an online store right now! In fact, lately, I am beginning to be known as 'the big kid' :lol:

BTW, I'm a big fan of shows like "Family Guy", "South Park" and "American Dad"! :D

Oh and while still on the subject of cartoons, I also love binge watching "Betty Boop" cartoons and of course, episodes of "The Road Runner Show", "The Whacky Races", "Dastardly and Muttley In Their Flying Machines", "The Yogi Bear Show" and plenty of Scooby Doo! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Hi Virginia!

You know how much I love NCIS (The original) . That is the one show that I can watch back to back episodes for hours..and I have Dish with hundreds of channels. I watched the Tudors when it was on and bought the DVD's but I have not sat down to watch them in a while. I can tell you if The Blacklist and Elementary stay on for years and they do marathons of those you can add them to my list :yesnod:

^^reswati, the Walking Dead is filmed about ten minutes from the hotel I work for..what a following that show has! I have never watched it. :peace:

I remember how much you enjoy NCIS! :) (me too!) Oh, yes, the Blacklist too! I unfortunately missed too many episodes last season and need to see if I can find them somewhere. It will be starting up again soon!

A few other shows I've caught by happenstance (passing through the room, channel surfing and due to sheer laziness, ended up watching 3-4 episodes in a row) that I'm not particularly proud of...Swamp People, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Bar Rescue.

Hi Virginia! :wave:

I am really addicted to period dramas! Apart from "Downton Abbey" and "The Tudors", I also forgot to mention that I binge watch the fantastic "Upstairs Downstairs" (both the original classic 1971 series and the short-lived 2010 remake).

My mom and myself love "The Tudors"! Yes, it is historically inaccurate, but so addictive! Never did I imagine that I would actually be watching something like a soap opera about the life of Henry the VIII! :D

My Mom loved The Tudors too! :) Actually it wasn't that bad historically; I learned some things, and it was interesting to see how the Anglican church came to be.

I forgot that I also binge watched "Dracula"; I thought JRM was pretty good as Henry VIII and I liked Dracula; I was sorry to see it had been cancelled. Although I think it would've worked better on cable than NBC.

Well, you're not the only one who watches a lot of cartoons! I binge watch Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons regularly (both online and offline)! In fact, I've got 4 DVDs packed with Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts and the 5th one is on its away from an online store right now! In fact, lately, I am beginning to be known as 'the big kid' :lol:

BTW, I'm a big fan of shows like "Family Guy", "South Park" and "American Dad"! :D

Oh and while still on the subject of cartoons, I also love binge watching "Betty Boop" cartoons and of course, episodes of "The Road Runner Show", "The Whacky Races", "Dastardly and Muttley In Their Flying Machines", "The Yogi Bear Show" and plenty of Scooby Doo! :D

BTW I should have remembered from your post in this thread!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/9182-who-is-your-fav-tele-or-film-character/?p=770280

Edited by Sathington Willoughby