Led Zeppelin: Texas Hurricane (EVSD NEW SOUNDBOARD)

Sue Dounim

***Viva La Soundboard Revolution***

Led Zeppelin - Texas Hurricane (5/22/77 Ft Worth, TX - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, the legendary Texas show when Bad Company's Mick Ralphs jammed with Led Zeppelin - Complete including Battle of Evermore, and in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!!

The following editions of this set will be released soon;

Extremely Ltd Ed Box Set - 100 Copies Only!! This 6 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes the Ft Worth show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard and an added bonus of an excellent Audience source for this show!! Each CD set is housed in special digi packs inside an exquisite Ltd Ed box. $200 plus shipping

Standard Edition: This set features only the newly released soundboard in a Ltd Ed 3 CD Digi Pack. $130

We're NOW ready to begin accepting orders for this title as we expect initial supplies will be quite limited and demand extremely high.

Holy $!@!. This is the one. Bonzo goes ballistic in ALS (his greatest performance ever in my opinion) and the band is on fire throughout, keen to impress Mick Ralphs. NQ has The Nutrocker, there is a false start in IMTOD, this is the real deal.

All the people who never listened to this show because of a slighty substandard audience recording are gonna learn today. This show makes Houston the night before look like crap!

Holy $!@!. This is the one. Bonzo goes ballistic in ALS (his greatest performance ever in my opinion) and the band is on fire throughout, keen to impress Mick Ralphs. NQ has The Nutrocker, there is a false start in IMTOD, this is the real deal.

All the people who never listened to this show because of a slighty substandard audience recording are gonna learn today. This show makes Houston the night before look like crap!

My thoughts exactly!

Geez Sue where do you find this stuff? I check http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/ pretty regularly, its not on there yet, I even googled this:

Led Zeppelin - Texas Hurricane (5/22/77 Ft Worth, TX - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label.

still nothing! I wanna be in the know too!

(Thanks for the update, BTW!)

Geez Sue where do you find this stuff? I check http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/ pretty regularly, its not on there yet, I even googled this:

Led Zeppelin - Texas Hurricane (5/22/77 Ft Worth, TX - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label.

still nothing! I wanna be in the know too!

(Thanks for the update, BTW!)

Join the http://royal-orleans.com/ website. When ever anyone mentions "The Hotel" this is the site they are talking about. I was a member there years ago.

...Is this a good show? I've read some pretty subpar reviews of it. An interesting comment I've read is that Pagey "drown[ed] out" Mick Ralphs during the encore -- which might also be the case with the soundboard.

I guess I'll have a listen to the AUDs and form a more concrete and personal opinion about the show. I'll always take a SBD when given the opportunity, but I wish the RO rumours had been true and we were getting something from the LA run.

EDIT: Reading a much more in-depth (and favourable) review and listening myself.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. Let the people who paid for it have a listen first.

Anything to cut into the bootleggers' sales! The faster this hits the 'net, the better.

I was hoping they'd wait until after October.

Is it a tired argument that without bootleggers you would never hear this show in the first place?

That's an assumption -- who knows what might have been the case had these shows not been stolen to begin with. Accepting your premise as likely, however, it still doesn't matter: We don't have any "right" to these recordings, as much as we may want to have them. As the situation stands...yes, I realize that without the bootleggers -- and the people who not only buy the boots, but share them -- we wouldn't get them.

I believe that the world would be a much better place without hoarders and bootleggers. And some people do give us these recordings (as proxies) by the "goodness of their hearts": The people who upload these recordings to trackers and freely distribute them to friends.

Archived