Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Charles J. White

Soundgarden

35 posts in this topic

I was (and guess still am) influenced by everything Seattle. . In high school here in the outskirts of PHX in 1990 the music scene was horrible and it seemed like we got a lot of what Seattle had to offer. I was a huge fan of Mother Love Bone before Andy's death and loved Louder Than Love when Soundgarden was still underground. . I was fortunate to see SG and Temple Of The Dog at Lollapalooza 92 and 11 years later at Lolla 2003 Audioslave co-headlined. . I wore out my Badmotorfiner CD. . Worked at a local record store ZIA's when Superunknown came out and had it 2 weeks before it came out. .Of all of the deaths since this all to seemed to start when Scott Weiland died (and we've had so many) this one hurts a little more. .Universally loved by most musicians and a one hell of a song writer RIP to one of my musical heroes. . You will surely be missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...I really think Chris' passing is a tragedy, but after listening to classic rock stations this weekend, if I hear "Black Hole Sun" one more time........!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very unfortunate about Chris. Early reports indicate it was due to clinical depression, something which many artists' suffer through. Depression / bi-polar is a very real medical condition which many outside people seem to ignore or not believe in until it is too late. It matters little if you live in a mansion or on the street. Everyone has troubles in life, and having money and being popular is not the long term answer. Feelings of self worth become amplified, as does self doubt. You try to please everyone else and end up ignoring your own needs.

I have lived with it my whole life and it is mental torture. Why would I tell the world something personal like this? Because society needs to wake up and accept that people are not designed to work 70-hour-weeks, to be stressed out daily, to have everything be perfect, to hide their emotions because it is considered weak, and on and on. I am male and have no concerns about admitting any of this.

How many people have to die to realize that life should be enjoyable and not a constantly hard uphill battle. When you need help, ask for it, and if someone asks for help, just listen to them even if you are unable to do any more than just be there for five minutes. Five minutes for a lifetime is not much to ask.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dane1968 said:

Very unfortunate about Chris. Early reports indicate it was due to clinical depression, something which many artists' suffer through. Depression / bi-polar is a very real medical condition which many outside people seem to ignore or not believe in until it is too late. It matters little if you live in a mansion or on the street. Everyone has troubles in life, and having money and being popular is not the long term answer. Feelings of self worth become amplified, as does self doubt. You try to please everyone else and end up ignoring your own needs.

I have lived with it my whole life and it is mental torture. Why would I tell the world something personal like this? Because society needs to wake up and accept that people are not designed to work 70-hour-weeks, to be stressed out daily, to have everything be perfect, to hide their emotions because it is considered weak, and on and on. I am male and have no concerns about admitting any of this.

How many people have to die to realize that life should be enjoyable and not a constantly hard uphill battle. When you need help, ask for it, and if someone asks for help, just listen to them even if you are unable to do any more than just be there for five minutes. Five minutes for a lifetime is not much to ask.

 

You are very, very true in your statement Dane. All this stress we place upon ourselves is mostly our own construct, or, what society deems to be important for our "role" in life. It's all bullshit when you think about it and break it down. We have become slaves to societies pre-conceived expectations and we are drowning in our own shit as a result.

You wanna know what success truly is? Simple: take you time, enjoy the sunrise, enjoy those you love, and never take anything for granted. The truth is not that hard, unfortunately when we all have 1,000,000+ voices screaming into our ears non-stop about what we SHOULD be, what we NEED to be, it makes seeing and hearing the truth so damn difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done LpMan. I work in the printing business. When I am on my death bed with one hour left, what do you think I will care about?

It will certainly not be if somebody had their business card printed and delivered a day late. I will care about if I was a good enough father, that I had people that appreciated me for being me, and myself in return, and that I did the best I could and no more than that. Anything else is insignificant. My life is about having 24 hours a day to fill, and doing what I consider worthwhile to fill those hours. I may request a suitable Zeppelin song to be played on my last farewell. What song... mmmm (thinking), maybe Achilles would be suitable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 8:31 AM, IpMan said:

All this stress we place upon ourselves is mostly our own construct, or, what society deems to be important for our "role" in life. It's all bullshit when you think about it and break it down. We have become slaves to societies pre-conceived expectations and we are drowning in our own shit as a result.

Of course IpMan blames society. Yes, no personal responsibility to see here folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Of course IpMan blames society. Yes, no personal responsibility to see here folks.

I guess you failed to read the first half of the first sentence in your rush to judgment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now