Fire (Say You're Gonna Leave Me)

RoundingRover

On 11/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, z1inspector said:

I'm with your brother! Speaking of Shake my tree if I recall correctly Robert Plant sang the Coverdale /Page "Shake my tree" during the Plant /Page shows at least once! ( yes plant sang coverdale's lyrics?) 

oh yes.. i even have a favorite noise section.. san jose 95, fm similcast. Shake my tree and Saccharine both have killer riffs.. i think its the offbeat hi hat in Saccharine that seals the deal.

31 minutes ago, LurksReturnington said:

oh yes.. i even have a favorite noise section.. san jose 95, fm similcast. Shake my tree and Saccharine both have killer riffs.. i think its the offbeat hi hat in Saccharine that seals the deal.

ima go listen to saccharin, haven't heard in a long time, and check out the hi hat!

Hopefully those masters were not lost in the UMG fire and JP or Coverdale have another master in their personal vaults. Maybe “Fire” will show up as a future RSD 45 w/ “swan song” or something.

R😎

Edited by reids

On 5/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, AntLantic Records said:

Until '95.  Steve, any info on why they revisited this, did Plant even remember the song?  If not how ironic.  Has a more Wanton feel with that choppy 95 rhythm.

You may recall Shake My Tree was released on the Coverdale/Page album (1993). It was used by Page/Plant on the first leg of their North American tour to showcase Jimmy's use of the Theremin.  

Here's Jimmy rehearsing Shake My Tree for the Coverdale/Page Tour of Japan. 😎

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You may recall Shake My Tree was released on the Coverdale/Page album (1993). It was used by Page/Plant on the first leg of their North American tour to showcase Jimmy's use of the Theremin.  

Here's Jimmy rehearsing Shake My Tree for the Coverdale/Page Tour of Japan. 😎

Of course, of course.  Maybe more specifically:  have they ever stated how they approached the song (as a Page solo track like Plant's Calling to You/or as a lost Zeppelin rarity, like Midnight Moonlight or Closer)?

Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard that rehearsal.  Sounds pretty tuff.

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said: